Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Office X > Windows users cannot see my pictures

Office X > Windows users cannot see my pictures
Ilja
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2003, 01:14 PM

When I create a document with pictures in it on OfficeX, windows users cannot see the pictures and see a square which says something like that they cannot see .tiff images.

How can I solve this problem? Somebody told me in the windows xp vs os x thread that resources can be found on mactopia. Have searched but couldn't find.
I'm Appleless and unhappy: tiBook is dead and iPod stolen

Macola
Mac Elite
Dec 7, 2003, 04:59 PM

You can save your pictures as PC TIFF format before inserting them into Word, or--better yet--JPEG.
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

Ilja  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2003, 07:34 PM

I'm talking about pictures that are originally allready in jpeg... Inserting them in office x converts them to tiff and unreadable for windows users.
I'm Appleless and unhappy: tiBook is dead and iPod stolen

Macola
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2003, 12:55 AM

Originally posted by Ilja:
I'm talking about pictures that are originally allready in jpeg... Inserting them in office x converts them to tiff and unreadable for windows users.
That's very odd...I switch between Office X and XP with embedded JPEGs all the time, and haven't had a problem. The only other solution I can think of would be to convert them to something that's Windows-specific like .BMP. I've also heard from others that .PNG files transfer well across platforms but personally haven't had luck with them.

Did you try applying the latest updater for Office X?
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

Forum Links
Forum Rules