Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Using my own spam filter with Mail?

Using my own spam filter with Mail?
lacrymology
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2004, 12:25 PM

I have written my own spam filter using Perl and am curious if there is a way to plug it into Panther's Mail app to act as a 2nd filter layer. The default filter is good, but it lets some things pass that I would like to avoid. Therefore, with my own filter I could have more control.

Thank you
-m

Thor
Forum Regular
Jan 13, 2004, 04:09 AM

Not sure how you would do this specifically, but you might want to check out:

Popfile

I haven't used it since upgrading to Panther.... (Mail's spam filtering has been much improved for me.) ... but it's written in Perl. You can even contribute to the project if you want.

fortepianissimo
Senior User
Jan 14, 2004, 03:30 AM

Originally posted by lacrymology:
I have written my own spam filter using Perl and am curious if there is a way to plug it into Panther's Mail app to act as a 2nd filter layer. The default filter is good, but it lets some things pass that I would like to avoid. Therefore, with my own filter I could have more control.

Thank you
-m
Here is an example.

Forum Links
Forum Rules