Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > dropped pb al book- suggestions?

dropped pb al book- suggestions?
tkmd
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 15, 2007, 11:07 PM

I dropped my pb al book and it fell on its top right corner damaging the screen. The screen now seems to have a streak of bright light where the lcd glass screen cracked in back of it. Its annoying, but here is the kicker - just 10 minutes prior to this happening I placed an order for a replacement battery (currently battery is dead) . Now here is my dilemma.

Should I cancel the battery order and wait for the sub notebook to come out in january or try to fix it (?) or or suck it up - its kinda annoying because above the crack the screen is a bit dimmer. Like most of you out there I too am anal about my mac - this crack draws my eyes to it all the time.
Pismo 400 | Powerbook 1.5 GHz | MacPro 2.66/6GB/7300GT

Cold Warrior
Nov 15, 2007, 11:21 PM

cancel the battery, buy a cheap 14/15" used VGA LCD from craigslist or something. Hold out for the new model ultralight.

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Nov 16, 2007, 09:04 AM

Cancel the battery order.

If you're inclined to wait why not pick up a monitor, that way your eyes will not be drawn to the crack.

Forum Links
Forum Rules