Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Internet-Sharing with X Server 10.2

Internet-Sharing with X Server 10.2
lars-man
Aug 29, 2002, 11:15 AM

The client version allows you to share your internet connection with the rest of your network. To enable this, you have to go to the system preferences and then sharing.

But in OS X Server 10.2 I don't see such an option in the system preferences (under sharing)? Do I have to take one of these special server apps? If so, which one? Or how can I share my internet connection with my network?

Lars

samthecat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2002, 07:57 PM

i had the same problem, and posted at apple discussions for an answer, but got none. then i rang apple support and they said "it was too dangerous because the airport is inside the firewall"...pffft.

you need to use the built in nat/ipfw stuff to make it work. a good starting point is ipnetsharex from http://www.sustworks.com

after a bit of effort, i got it to work, so...

if you want my configuration scripts, post again.

cheers,

samthecat

lars-man  (op)
Sep 3, 2002, 09:40 AM

What the hell is this? The say it's too dangerous for a server but in the client version they are brave enough to enbale that feature? What a nonsens! I think I'm still able to decide on my own how secure my server should be.

But it would be nice, if you could send me your configuration files. Mail me!

Thanks a lot,

Lars
( Last edited by lars-man; Sep 3, 2002 at 09:47 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules