Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 70% of serial killers, and mass murderers, are Republican

70% of serial killers, and mass murderers, are Republican
version
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2003, 03:27 PM

according to the film, 'The Life of David Gale', with Kevin Spacey, and kate Winslet. Just watched it today, and a really good film to boot. One of the points made in it, was that most of those deranged killers were Republicans. I wonder how much trueth there is to it. It'd certainly seem so on the surface.
A Jew with a view.

BasketofPuppies
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 03:32 PM

I doubt there's any way to confirm a statistic like that.

I assumed that the vast majority of serial killers and mass murderers were either Libertarians or Greens.
inscrutable impenetrable impregnable inconceivable

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 03:34 PM

Democrats try to be serial killers but fail because they're too stupid to avoid being caught.

ZackS
Banned
Sep 16, 2003, 03:35 PM

Well, a basic liberal precept is human rights and non-violence. It wouldn't really make sense the other way around. It's a case of squares are all rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

catsank
Sep 16, 2003, 03:40 PM

Because he's an excellent serial killer...

Lerkfish
Sep 16, 2003, 03:46 PM

well, an even larger percentage are male.
so, I guess we should keep an eye on all the men.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2003, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
well, an even larger percentage are male.
so, I guess we should keep an eye on all the men.

Lol, I see a pattern forming here, maybe it's time for women to be the dominant species once again, since we guys must be doing something wrong.
A Jew with a view.

Lerkfish
Sep 16, 2003, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by version:
Lol, I see a pattern forming here, maybe it's time for women to be the dominant species once again, since we guys must be doing something wrong.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 16, 2003, 04:32 PM

Originally posted by ZackS:
Well, a basic liberal precept is human rights and non-violence. It wouldn't really make sense the other way around. It's a case of squares are all rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.
`cept for unborn babies...

Ack!! Where did THAT comment come from?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

catsank
Sep 16, 2003, 04:45 PM

Given the chance, a woman can be just as psychotic as any man.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2003, 04:48 PM

I saw a guy fly on the movie screen once.

I bet it was true.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2003, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by catsank:

Given the chance, a woman can be just as psychotic as any man.
God, I know. my mum suffered from really bad PMT, and once, when I was little, she chased a man down the street with a naxe, cause he tried to offend my dad. My mum, the miracle maker, lol
A Jew with a view.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Sep 16, 2003, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by BasketofPuppies:
I assumed that the vast majority of serial killers and mass murderers were either Libertarians or Greens.
Yeah, I'm sure the Green Party is hellbent on destorying the human race.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 16, 2003, 07:54 PM

The serial killer statistics -
  • The USA has 76% of the worlds serial killers.
  • Europe in second, has 17%. England has produced 28% of the European total; Germany produces 27%, and France produces 13%.
  • California leads in the US with the most Serial Homicide cases that have occured. Texas, New York, Illinois, and Florida follow shortly behind. Maine has the lowest occurence of serial murders - none. Hawaii, Montana, North Dakota, Delaware, and Vermont each have had only one case of a serial murder.
  • 84% of American killers are caucasian.
  • 16% are black.
  • Men make up at least 90% of the world wide total of serial killers.
  • 65% of victims are female.
  • 89% of victims are white.
  • 44% of all killers start in their twenties.
  • 26% start in their teens.
  • 24% start in their thirties.
  • Out of all the killers, 86% are heterosexual.

So demographically, it would be hard to speculate on party affiliation. The white male vote is pretty scattered. You'd need income, education level and age data to really try and correlate serial killers with either party's traditional demographics.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -- Hunter S. Thompson

catsank
Sep 16, 2003, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
I saw a guy fly on the movie screen once.

I bet it was true. :)

"Hey, Zimphire what's ( apart from the giant green tack )
wrong with this epic michaelangelo pic of adam ?"

Clue: he was made outta magic not born -joined to
a mother like the rest of us...

I bet that magic trick was true too - because I read it in a book. :)

vod[k]a
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2003, 07:59 PM

Have you ever really read The Bible, catsank?

���������������������
I want you to have my credit card number

ZackS
Banned
Sep 16, 2003, 08:05 PM

Originally posted by catsank:
Some of the best blaspheming I've ever seen

benb
Sep 16, 2003, 08:14 PM

70% of the Lounge doesn't care.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2003, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
Yeah, I'm sure the Green Party is hellbent on destorying the human race.
Yeah they are just out to get the loggers. You know put spikes in the trees.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 16, 2003, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by benb:
70% of the Lounge doesn't care.
Hey, it was a honest try at a troll. You can't be that mean to version for trying.

BasketofPuppies
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 09:33 PM

Originally posted by thunderous_funker:
The So demographically, it would be hard to speculate on party affiliation. The white male vote is pretty scattered. You'd need income, education level and age data to really try and correlate serial killers with either party's traditional demographics.
And even then it would be difficult to pinpoint the political affilation of serial killers and mass murderers. They're hardly normal people so demographics does not apply.

I still say that most of them are probably Greens or Libertarians.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 16, 2003, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by thunderous_funker:
The serial killer statistics -
  • The USA has 76% of the worlds serial killers.
  • Europe in second, has 17%. England has produced 28% of the European total; Germany produces 27%, and France produces 13%.
  • California leads in the US with the most Serial Homicide cases that have occured. Texas, New York, Illinois, and Florida follow shortly behind. Maine has the lowest occurence of serial murders - none. Hawaii, Montana, North Dakota, Delaware, and Vermont each have had only one case of a serial murder.
  • 84% of American killers are caucasian.
  • 16% are black.
  • Men make up at least 90% of the world wide total of serial killers.
  • 65% of victims are female.
  • 89% of victims are white.
  • 44% of all killers start in their twenties.
  • 26% start in their teens.
  • 24% start in their thirties.
  • Out of all the killers, 86% are heterosexual.

So demographically, it would be hard to speculate on party affiliation. The white male vote is pretty scattered. You'd need income, education level and age data to really try and correlate serial killers with either party's traditional demographics.
But 90% of the prison population is black men in their 20's?

How does this work? Why are white guys always getting off?

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 09:38 PM

Originally posted by Sherwin:
Democrats try to be serial killers but fail because they're too stupid to avoid being caught.

I think you have it the other way around, they think Republicans make up the majority because those are the ones that get caught more often. You proposal doesn't even make sense.

I hate murderers.

Also republicans.

Actually, my best friend's a republican, but that doesn't mean I agree with him.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:

The data is for serial killers, not run of the mill normal murderers or gang bangers.

BasketofPuppies
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:

Two reasons:

1. White criminals tend to have more expensive (read: better) lawyers and thus can get shorter sentances or off entirely.

2. Serial killers and mass murderers make an extremely small portion of the violent criminal population.

Not to mention that they often die violent deaths before they can be sent to trial.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by Stradlater:

I think you have it the other way around, they think Republicans make up the majority because those are the ones that get caught more often. You proposal doesn't even make sense.
Yes, it does. If someone gets caught easily (through their stupidity) then they're locked up before they can kill enough people to be classed as serial killers.

It takes intelligence to be a serial killer.

Of course, if you voted Republican you'd have had the intelligence to work this out for yourself.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 10:12 PM

Yes, it does. If someone gets caught easily (through their stupidity) then they're locked up before they can kill enough people to be classed as serial killers.

It takes intelligence to be a serial killer.

Of course, if you voted Republican you'd have had the intelligence to work this out for yourself.
not the greatest logic...the only real "proof" we have is that statistics say that republicans make up the majority of serial killers; until you provide a statistic saying a higher percentage of democrats are the regular ol' killers (although it may very well be that republicans dominate this field as well), your joke doesn't really work. but seeing as you seem to automatically vote republican (without looking deeper into the specifics), i can't expect you to work that out for yourself.

oh, and I'm not democratic, either, I usually lean to the left, but I'm independent.

OH, and as for the "intelligence" comment, you make it sound as if serial killers should be looked up to and praised...there's a great deal of luck and craziness involved in being a serial killer.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 10:31 PM

not the greatest logic...
Yes, it was.

until I get a sense of humour, your joke doesn't really work.
Fair enough.

but seeing as you seem to automatically vote republican (without looking deeper into the specifics), i can't expect you to work that out for yourself.
Nope.

OH, and as for the "intelligence" comment, you make it sound as if serial killers should be looked up to and praised...there's a great deal of luck and craziness involved in being a serial killer.
It's a well established fact that serial killers are intelligent. Completely hatstand, but intelligent with it (intelligence and sanity are not the same thing).

Thus, reverse logic dictates that because intelligence is required and most SKs turn out to be Republican, Democrats must by default be generally too stupid for said lifestyle option.

vod[k]a
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2003, 10:35 PM

And the democrats are always criticizing us for executing these serial killers...

Now they know why!

���������������������
I want you to have my credit card number

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 10:42 PM

Fair enough, also my humor involves changing people's quotations.
It's a well established fact that serial killers are intelligent. Completely hatstand, but intelligent with it (intelligence and sanity are not the same thing).
...I never said serial killers aren't intelligent, I just added the fact that they're usually not sane, either . I was just pointing out that it seems like you look up to the people... What a sepulchral world we live in if people place killers on pedestals.

Thus, reverse logic dictates that because intelligence is required and most SKs turn out to be Republican, Democrats must by default be generally too stupid for said lifestyle option.

There's a reason why most logic isn't easily reversible, because of the whole if all A is B, people then wrongly assume that all B must be A... Which is also why this statement of yours is ludicrous in its own right. Intelligence does not mean you should be serial killing, most intelligent people are not serial killers. Your logic is deplorable.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Sep 16, 2003, 10:50 PM

So I wonder why hasn't this thread been moved yet...

Jansar
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 11:09 PM

Didn't you know that 95% of statistics are made up on the spot?
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

Hydra
Senior User
Sep 16, 2003, 11:09 PM

Kevin Spacey has done his share of killing. Didn't he murder Bad Pitts wife or something after killing a prostitute, fat guy and drug addict. You can't trust a serial killer. Oh yeah that was in a MOVIE.

I hope you're some kind of Republican troll because you doing a big disservice to your side with an argument based on a line in a movie. I'm far from being a Democrat but come up with something better than that. I normally don't post in the lounge but a line in a movie come on.

-Jerry C.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 11:10 PM

...I never said serial killers aren't intelligent, I just added the fact that they're usually not sane, either . I was just pointing out that it seems like you look up to the people... What a sepulchral world we live in if people place killers on pedestals.
What?

If you can come to that conclusion from what I've written, then you sir, need to check into some kind of clinic. Seriously.

There's a reason why most logic isn't easily reversible, because of the whole if all A is B, people then wrongly assume that all B must be A... Which is also why this statement of yours is ludicrous in its own right. Intelligence does not mean you should be serial killing, most intelligent people are not serial killers. Your logic is deplorable.
By your admission to hating Republicans and your lack of judgement in understanding the humour so far presented, you prove the point far far better than I could have done.
If it doesn't scare hippies, it's not worth listening to

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 11:15 PM

What?

If you can come to that conclusion from what I've written, then you sir, need to check into some kind of clinic. Seriously.
I suggested that the way you said it sounded like you admired them, and then you went on about how they are intelligent (something I did not deny) and you never denied that you didn't look up to them, which isn't unheard of.

By your admission to hating Republicans and your lack of judgement in understanding the humour so far presented, you prove the point far far better than I could have done.
Speaking of senses of humor, the hating-republicans was a joke added to my serial-killer sentiments. And I understood your humor, I just didn't find it funny. And what point am I proving, that democrats are less intelligent? This is what I'm assuming because of your previous comment. First of all, again: I'm not a democrat. Second of all, again: your logic is deplorable.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 11:33 PM

I suggested that the way you said it sounded like you admired them, and then you went on about how they are intelligent (something I did not deny) and you never denied that you didn't look up to them, which isn't unheard of.
So one cannot state facts without falling into a state of appreciation with subject of fact?

You've not denied being involved in logistical planning for 9/11 either. What kind of weird-ass logic are you actually using?

Speaking of senses of humor, the hating-republicans was a joke added to my serial-killer sentiments.
I understood that it was humour. I just didn't find it funny.

And what point am I proving, that democrats are less intelligent? This is what I'm assuming because of your previous comment. First of all, again: I'm not a democrat. Second of all, again: your logic is deplorable.
Ummmm... Let's see... You appear to be arguing the validity of logic used in a joke commenting on a line from a film.

Clinic for you, first thing tomorrow.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 11:38 PM

You've not denied being involved in logistical planning for 9/11 either.
Haha, see what I mean with this guy's logic?

I understood that it was humour. I just didn't find it funny.
I give things the benefit of the doubt, you give things your very own little story I explained that it was a joke because you tried to state it as fact.

Ummmm... Let's see... You appear to be arguing the validity of logic used in a joke commenting on a line from a film.

Clinic for you, first thing tomorrow.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 11:50 PM

Haha, see what I mean with this guy's logic?
Dude. You must live one boring life if you're asking for the gallery's approval about this.

I explained that it was a joke because you tried to state it as fact.
Ermm... Nope. That post was in humour too.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 11:59 PM

Dude. You must live one boring life if you're asking for the gallery's approval about this.

Ermm... Nope. That post was in humour too.
, , and

Forum Links
Forum Rules