Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > US, and Israel behind 9/11

US, and Israel behind 9/11 (Page 3)
ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 22, 2003, 02:18 PM

You don't think that putting every asset of the US federal law enforcement community can reap results in a matter of hours? We aren't talking about two detectives here, we're talking about thousands of investigators. It's not hard to believe these men were identified in a matter of days. It's not even hard to believe these men were identified in a matter of hours.

Regardless of what your little conspiracy friends tell you, they were listed on the passenger manifests, they were on the boarding gate videos. There were open case files on these men for suspected terrorist ties. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure it out.

Are you that naive, or just so bent on ridiculous conspiracies that any use of logic has gone completely out the window? The fact that you choose to ignore THE FACTS and pursue these nonsense theories does not mean we are idiots. It means that you need to get some help. Try Geodon, it works wonders in making those little voices go away.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Lerkfish
Dec 22, 2003, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by ThinkInsane:
You don't think that putting every asset of the US federal law enforcement community can reap results in a matter of hours? We aren't talking about two detectives here, we're talking about thousands of investigators. It's not hard to believe these men were identified in a matter of days. It's not even hard to believe these men were identified in a matter of hours.

Regardless of what your little conspiracy friends tell you, they were listed on the passenger manifests, they were on the boarding gate videos. There were open case files on these men for suspected terrorist ties. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure it out.

Are you that naive, or just so bent on ridiculous conspiracies that any use of logic has gone completely out the window? The fact that you choose to ignore THE FACTS and pursue these nonsense theories does not mean we are idiots. It means that you need to get some help. Try Geodon, it works wonders in making those little voices go away.
report abuse link:
---personal attack and character assasination of another member, calling them psychotic. Oh, wait, it was a moderator who did that. Never mind.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 22, 2003, 02:32 PM

Originally posted by lil'babykitten:
Well you guys are both mods...so probably friends or something.
Why, why.....

It's a conspiracy!

(at this point vmarks disappears into the backroom to conduct matters with the rest of the MacNN cabal)

There is no MacNN cabal
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2003, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by vmarks:
Why, why.....

It's a conspiracy!

Well at least I'm on topic!

:Hits report abuse button:

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 22, 2003, 02:38 PM

Well at least I'm on topic!

:Hits report abuse button:

Step one: Accuse other members of not having a sense of humor.

Step two: Wait until they make a joke.

Step three: report the joke as abuse, ignoring self's own insults and assaults.

Step four: ???

Step five: PROFIT!
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

Lerkfish
Dec 22, 2003, 02:41 PM

ahhhh..so questioning someone's sanity is a JOKE! hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
you freakin' insane piglicker!

oh wait...I'M JUST JOKIN!!!!

hheheheheheheheheh

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2003, 02:41 PM

Step 6: Prove that Step 1 was indeed correct.

I was joking

Sseeeesh!

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 02:42 PM

Step 6: Prove that Step 1 was indeed correct.

I was joking

Sseeeesh!

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 02:48 PM

Wow, this must really be one of the MacNN special threads, ranging from far out conspiracy theories to knee-jerk reactions with all flavours and colours of insults and bad humour inbetween. Perhaps the mods can make this one a sticky and we can see how far we can take it.

weird wabbit

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2003, 02:49 PM

Back on topic...

Originally posted by Logic:
HEY! She slapped me because I took my hand off her rear, didn't you notice that!

What, ya jealous?

:grabs TI's rear for a sec then back to eat marshmallows:
HEY YOU! don't twist it around!

:Chucks can of MECCA cola at Logic:

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 02:50 PM

I just reported you for having no sense of humour.

weird wabbit

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 02:53 PM

HEY YOU! don't twist it around!

:Chucks can of MECCA cola at Logic:
No twisting around needed

:rubs head after the fvcking can:

Now come sit in my lap again!

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 22, 2003, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
report abuse link:
---personal attack and character assasination of another member, calling them psychotic. Oh, wait, it was a moderator who did that. Never mind.
On that one, I will concede it was bad taste and inappropriate. I don't know the man, and I have no right to judge his sanity. I was just going by the common themes in his topics, ie. the paranoia he posts.

I'll even leave it in instead of editing it out, so every one can see what I jerk I am. I'm a team player.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 02:56 PM

Originally posted by theolein:
Perhaps the mods can make this one a sticky and we can see how far we can take it.

I agree!

:hands theo the mecca cola that lbk threw at me:
Want some Cola?

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2003, 02:57 PM

I just reported you for having no sense of humour.

I just promoted you to a position of humourous prominence.

Want a marshmallow?

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2003, 02:59 PM

:rubs head after the fvcking can:

Now come sit in my lap again!
Well alriiiight, I guess.

:Hides can of MECCA cola behind back and gets ready to pour it over Logics head when he's not looking:

Crap! did I type that out loud?

What happened to Spheric?

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2003, 03:01 PM

I'll even leave it in instead of editing it out, so every one can see what I jerk I am. I'm a team player.
Ok, well I'm sure there's no hard feelings. There is a special spot on the carpet for you, if you want. See it? It's labeled jerk.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 22, 2003, 03:01 PM

I question my own sanity.

My theory goes like this...

If you don't question your sanity from time to time - you're prolly insane.

edited to add:

vmarks, you can have my spot on the sofa.

I'm gonna go outside and fill some more sandbags. Check the perimeter and whatnot. Never know when the big one is coming.

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 03:04 PM

Well alriiiight, I guess.

:Hides can of MECCA cola behind back and gets ready to pour it over Logics head when he's not looking:

Crap! did I type that out loud?

: feeling good to have lbk back in my lap, turn on the TV and is thinking that I should behave :

lbk, could you give me some Mecca Cola?

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 04:33 PM

I agree!

:hands theo the mecca cola that lbk threw at me:
Want some Cola?
Bugger that, I've got real good 'ole Coca Cola made in Switzerland right here thanks, - Z�riCola.
weird wabbit

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 04:38 PM

I just promoted you to a position of humourous prominence.

Want a marshmallow?
Thanks. Here's a chop stick. Stick the marshmallow on the stick and we can melt them over the flame of my Zippo. Yummy!

::While explaining all this to LBK, accidentally sticks a chop stick into Logics kidneys, grins at Logic's howls of pain::

weird wabbit

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 04:49 PM

Thanks. Here's a chop stick. Stick the marshmallow on the stick and we can melt them over the flame of my Zippo. Yummy!

::While explaining all this to LBK, accidentally sticks a chop stick into Logics kidneys, grins at Logic's howls of pain::

: after acting like it hurt, take lbk's open can of mecca cola and and pour it over theo while he's laughing at me . Then go back to watching the movie on TV:

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2003, 04:50 PM

mmm roast kidneys!

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2003, 04:51 PM

: after acting like it hurt, take lbk's open can of mecca cola and and pour it over theo while he's laughing at me . Then go back to watching the movie on TV:
:While Logic is laughing, chucks a marshmallow in to his open mouth. Sits down and points and laughs:

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 06:10 PM

::Gets this weird look on his face, puts marshmallow on his head, looks around for some appropriate person to play kinky games with. Looks at LBK, sees the warning look in her eyes, decides to be normal and go and have a shower instead::
weird wabbit

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 22, 2003, 06:43 PM

It was a way-off topic thread WAY before I brought up the wrong-headed actions of Mecca-Cola.

And if you've bought it, good on you for supporting French CEO. He needs you to line his wallet in the name of charitable contributions.
AHA!

*That* is the crux! You've exposed yourself, my friend: You're just getting riled up over your irrational hatred of the French - the commie bastards who defied your desperate plea for help in the bombing of an unnamed Middle-Eastern country!

Hah!

's okay, vmarks, here, have a Shalom-Cola.

They come in seven-packs for Hanukkah.

-s*

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 22, 2003, 06:48 PM

This is the second time within a few days I've seen you post something with rather evil overtones.

And you thought you could fool people by making that devil thing in your old sig all cartoonish-like.

AND you smoke, too!?

-s* (lighting up another one)

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 22, 2003, 06:55 PM

I been sitting next to you the entire time! - Well, next to Logic, that is, once he took your place.

...must have dozed off...

(actually, I've been working - I need to prepare some 25 or so pieces for a musical revue I'm playing in L�rrach - right across the border from theo, but don't tell him - from the 26th to the 31st, and I'm not *nearly* ready. Back to the keyboard: "Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher" is next up on the playlist. You can have my seat if I can sit on YOUR lap when I get back. )

-s*

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2003, 07:14 PM

::Gets this weird look on his face, puts marshmallow on his head, looks around for some appropriate person to play kinky games with. Looks at LBK, sees the warning look in her eyes, decides to be normal and go and have a shower instead::
:looks around, sees we're outta mecca-cola, kicks away the Shalom-Coke (tastes even worse than mecca-cola). Meh. Goes looking for theo... ack-remembers where he went. Kicks everyone off the sofa and takes a nap:

I hope this thread never dies! Sticky I say!
Spheric-sorry I'm hogging the sofa.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2003, 08:00 PM

Putting aside he personal attacks since that seems to be the tactic of those who like to berate others, dismiss their argument without actually backing it up with evidence. The louder one shouts, the more they think that others will assume they are right.

1. TI, there are no listings for those men on the passenger manifestos, go check the airlines listings for those flights, those men don't exist.

2. Even with all the resources at their disposal, does it seem logical that they knew it was Arabs (again, no listings of Arabs on the flights), that it was those men, that they somehow knew to check out supermarket CCTV cameras, come on.

3. And let's not forget, EIGHT of them wer efound alive with a few months of this happening.

So tell me, what made them in the first place go after these men, these particulat men, but also, how come they knew exactly it was these 19 men, in such a quick time. I'd understand 4, 7, heck, even 10, but to pinpoint all of them in such a short time?

So TI, why don't you deal with all the facts too, before falling back onto your safety blanket of knowing what happened?

Oh, and let's not forget that Atta's passport was found on the smouldering rubble of the Twin Towers, handy, eh?
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2003, 08:03 PM

One last thing, if these federal agents ar eso smart, then how come it took them years to find the Una-Bomber, to identify the perpetrators of the first Twin Towers bombings? The Oklahoma bomber? I could rattle on, but you get the point.
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2003, 08:09 PM

We've also got to ask ourselves, who exactly benefited out of all this? Not the Arabs, not Al-Qaeeda, not the Palestinians, no really any of these people so far; but what I do see, is American foreign policy, which was planned long ago, being enabled now to its worst degree.

Look at Afghanistan. They asked for evidence that Osama was behind these attacks, they asked for it to be handed over, but the US refused. Isn't it their right as a sovereign nation to be allowed this? Why was it denied, tell me, please do.

Osama did, and still does deny anything to do with it, damn, teh so-called tape of him admitting it has been utterly shown to be fake. So tell me, who made that? why did other Governments back away from it as evidence? Why did.does the US still, to this day claim it real. OPh, but let's not forget that the Pentagon admitted it could be faked, didn't stop Bush from using it.

So it seems that the Neocon agenda which included Afghanistan being invaded (do you even think that wasn't planned before 9/11) has been fulfilled.
A Jew with a view.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 22, 2003, 08:25 PM

Originally posted by version:
One last thing, if these federal agents ar eso smart, then how come it took them years to find the Una-Bomber, to identify the perpetrators of the first Twin Towers bombings? The Oklahoma bomber? I could rattle on, but you get the point.
Come ON.

In the case of the first Twin Tower bombings, I seem to recall it having been clear VERY quickly that it was Osama bin Laden.

This is utterly, utterly lame.

Scenario A:
A guy gets hit by a rock. Checking the scene, the police find a couple of people nearby that have been under observation for forming an organization dedicated to throwing rocks at people.

Scenario B:
Another guy gets hit by a rock, elsewhere. Checking the scene, the police find a bunch of individuals, none of whom knows any of the others, nor has in any way been under observation for any rock-throwing related activities.

In which scenario do you think the police might be slightly faster in compiling a list of suspects?

Hm?

I'm done with you until you actually *read* (as in, try to understand) what other have to say - and that includes links.

But what do I know, I'm just a right-wing asshole, just like Logic, the kitty, theolein, eklipse, and all the wannabe right-wingers here at the party.

-s*

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 08:28 PM

There is quite a difference between manipulating national rage and grief to support an a priori policy and actually carrying out a devastating attack on the nation to initiate it.

I believe the administration would have moved against Iraq whether or not 9/11 had happened. The reasons would have been different and perhaps it wouldn't have happened so soon, but they would have gotten around to it eventually.

And sooner or later, Afghanistan was going to be dealt with. People in the Clinton administration were intent on doing something. They knew how dangerous Al'Queda was and that something had to be done. In fact, they were flying the Predator overhead as late as Oct. 2000 trying to pinpoint OBL's location so they could bomb him.

The evidence for it being planned and carried out by members of Al'Queda is far from circumstantial. Its quite persuasive, in fact. The evidence for it being the US or Israel is really spurious to say the least.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -- Hunter S. Thompson

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
This is the second time within a few days I've seen you post something with rather evil overtones.

And you thought you could fool people by making that devil thing in your old sig all cartoonish-like.

AND you smoke, too!?

-s* (lighting up another one)
What devil thing in my sig?

::back from shower, looks at packet of cheap Swiss cigarettes in front of him, decides that it's time take a nap as swimming is on the agenda tomorrow morning::
weird wabbit

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 08:34 PM

:looks around, sees we're outta mecca-cola, kicks away the Shalom-Coke (tastes even worse than mecca-cola). Meh. Goes looking for theo... ack-remembers where he went. Kicks everyone off the sofa and takes a nap:

I hope this thread never dies! Sticky I say!
Spheric-sorry I'm hogging the sofa.
::back from shower, needs a nap too, lifts LBK's dainty feet up, sits down in a corner of the sofa, places LBK's feet back on his lap, just before dozing off thinks what a weird grouping of people this is::
weird wabbit

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 08:38 PM

(actually, I've been working - I need to prepare some 25 or so pieces for a musical revue I'm playing in L�rrach - right across the border from theo, but don't tell him -...

-s*
Ve Vill Be Vaiting For You!
weird wabbit

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 08:40 PM

:uts on his best Scotish accent:: Ye know lad, Ye really need to get oot a bit more.
weird wabbit

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 09:10 PM

Yeah, and how could they ever catch any perpetrator at all considering I could rattle off hundreds of unsolved cases... IT BOGGLES THE MIND

so um... anyone bring Pictionary?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 22, 2003, 09:12 PM

Ve Vill Be Vaiting For You!
Dohn't juh visch!

2 a.m. - time for bed.

::waddles off to the bedroom, laptop in hand, humming "La donna e mobile" - argh! must. get. stupid. show. OUT. OF. HEAD!::

And yes, a wondrous, but cosy, assortment of weirdos here...

-s*

roger_ramjet
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 09:02 AM

And yes, a wondrous, but cosy, assortment of weirdos here...

-s*
Ever have guests that would. not. leave?

::crosses room. lifts concrete plug from the floor. retrieves bottle of Knob Creek. pours self a couple of shots into a rocks glass.::

When I welcomed you and eklipse I was thinking we'd arm wrestle, do shots and sing John Valby songs. It's not even that much of problem more people showed up but ONE female? That's just SAD. The only thing lamer than a roomful of geeks is a busload of Sunday school teachers. Strike that. I've known one or two Sunday school teachers who were pretty hot. And what's with the marshmellows and Mecca Cola? This is a bunker, damn it! Beer, bourbon, MREs or beef jerky.

Where's that remote? Gotta see if there's a western on.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 23, 2003, 09:15 AM

Originally posted by roger_ramjet:

Where's that remote? Gotta see if there's a western on.
Clint, or the Duke?

roger_ramjet
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 09:22 AM

Clint, or the Duke?
Not picky. Either'll do.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 23, 2003, 09:34 AM

Not picky. Either'll do.
As long as it's not John Wayne, I'm game.

Lerkfish
Dec 23, 2003, 09:45 AM

On that one, I will concede it was bad taste and inappropriate. I don't know the man, and I have no right to judge his sanity. I was just going by the common themes in his topics, ie. the paranoia he posts.

just wanted to point out (since I forgot to yesterday), that this was a classy post.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 23, 2003, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
just wanted to point out (since I forgot to yesterday), that this was a classy post.
And subtly funny.

Lerkfish
Dec 23, 2003, 10:15 AM

BOT:
FWIW, I have always felt that 9/11 was not promulgated by the Bush administration, or his neocon "advisors", but I DO feel it was a window of opportunity that was immediately seized upon to further the concept of hegemony.

So....no, I don't think it was orchestrated, but yes, I do think it was a "striking while the iron is hot" sort of thing, which allowed those with an agenda to push it through while the country was still reeling from the terrorist attack.

However, I have no problem with people speculating otherwise, that's kind of the purpose of a political forum, to discuss different political views, even those you disagree with...and that's why I defended the topic starter when people started ganging up on him/her.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Dec 23, 2003, 02:45 PM

Ever have guests that would. not. leave?

When I welcomed you and eklipse I was thinking we'd arm wrestle, do shots and sing John Valby songs. It's not even that much of problem more people showed up but ONE female? That's just SAD. The only thing lamer than a roomful of geeks is a busload of Sunday school teachers.
Party Pooper!

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 23, 2003, 06:42 PM

where can i get some of that **** you are smoking?

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 23, 2003, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by nredman:
where can i get some of that **** you are smoking?
Just sit down right here on the sofa and talk to ol' Spliffdaddy for a while...

Beware the Hurtling Can of Mecca, though.

-s*

Forum Links
Forum Rules