Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Arafat dead, or hours to live.

Arafat dead, or hours to live.
version
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 10:30 AM

A Jew with a view.

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Nov 9, 2004, 10:34 AM

May his many victims at last find peace.

And also, may his people at last find their stolen money.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by SimeyTheLimey:
May his many victims at last find peace.

And also, may his people at last find their stolen money.
Yeah, may the victims of WW2 get the peace, and money they deserve from Bush's grandpappy investing in the Nazis.
Want to hand back the wealth to all those who have suffered under US invasions, wars, etc?

Why don't you just keep quiet for once? Your arrgance just sickens me now, it's gone beyond a laughig matter.
A Jew with a view.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2004, 10:43 AM

I'll believe it when I see the coroner's examination results. The guy has been alternately reported as alive and dead for over a week now, like some bizarre "Schr�dinger's Arafat" or something.

If he is indeed dying, then this is a problem. It wouldn't be so bad if Sharon went with him, but despite whatever else these two might have been they were perfect foils for one another. With one alive and the other dead, I predict extreme nastiness in the very near future.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

dcolton
Banned
Nov 9, 2004, 10:43 AM

Originally posted by version:
Yeah, may the victims of WW2 get the peace, and money they deserve from Bush's grandpappy investing in the Nazis.
Want to hand back the wealth to all those who have suffered under US invasions, wars, etc?

Why don't you just keep quiet for once? Your arrgance just sickens me now, it's gone beyond a laughig matter.
Wow, never thought anyone would have anything negative to say about simey. Then again, I never dreamed anyone would have something nice to say about arafat. Then again, there are quite a few terrorists sympathizerd lurking around macnn as well.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 10:44 AM

Just been thinking, my family suffered in Nazi Germany. How about the child of Prescott Bush apologise for using money his dad garnered from funding the Nazis? Money, that today, still keeps the pockets of the Bush family rich. Hey, wait a minute, isn't bush rich too? Why doesn't he gve his money to the poor on the streets of America?

How about it?
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by dcolton:
Wow, never thought anyone would have anything negative to say about simey. Then again, I never dreamed anyone would have something nice to say about arafat. Then again, there are quite a few terrorists sympathizerd lurking around macnn as well.
It depends on your perspective. I have no more respect for Arafat, than I do for Bush. As to Simey, I'm sick of his apologia, and arrogant crap he spews out in here.

Arafat was a man who was accepted back in to the international community, yet you find it repulsive that people show sympathy at his death?

Nice one that.
A Jew with a view.

dcolton
Banned
Nov 9, 2004, 10:50 AM

It depends on your perspective. I have no more respect for Arafat, than I do for Bush. As to Simey, I'm sick of his apologia, and arrogant crap he spews out in here.

Arafat was a man who was accepted back in to the international community, yet you find it repulsive that people show sympathy at his death?

Nice one that.
I generally don't mourn for those who champion the death of innocent civilians. It's a morality thing.

(ring in the Bush comparisons)

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 10:50 AM

BBC are carrying it now. Kind of strange that no-one knows why he is dying.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3994667.stm
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by dcolton:
I generally don't mourn for those who champion the death of innocent civilians. It's a morality thing.

(ring in the Bush comparisons)
As compared to those who say civilian casualties are just a fact ofwar? I'd rather people were honest about it. Collateral damage I think the US calls it.

As to the Bush-Nazi thing. get lost.
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 10:53 AM

Look, to the right-wing Americans here, please just stay out of this thread if you have nothing but stupidity to say. Ok? Don't derail it.
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 10:54 AM

A Jew with a view.

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Nov 9, 2004, 10:56 AM

Originally posted by Millennium:
I'll believe it when I see the coroner's examination results. The guy has been alternately reported as alive and dead for over a week now, like some bizarre "Schr�dinger's Arafat" or something.

If he is indeed dying, then this is a problem. It wouldn't be so bad if Sharon went with him, but despite whatever else these two might have been they were perfect foils for one another. With one alive and the other dead, I predict extreme nastiness in the very near future.
I was thinking they were going to put him in a stasis field like the Galactic Emperor in the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

The hereditary Emperor is nearly dead and has been so for many centuries. In the last moments of his dying coma he was locked in a statis field which keeps him in a state of perpetual unchangingness. All his heirs are now long dead, and this means that without any drastic political upheaval, power has simply and effectively moved a rung or two down the ladder, and is now seen to be vested in a body which used to act simply as advisers to the Emperor - an elected Governmental assembly headed by a President elected by that assembly. In fact it vests in no such place.

dcolton
Banned
Nov 9, 2004, 10:56 AM

Praise Allah. Arafat is dying. Maybe peace can now be found in Israel as a tribute to all of the death and murder attributed to the great arafat.

I wonder if there will be even more conflict over where this man is buried.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 10:57 AM

A man who has seen, and witnessed many years of varying troubles, we should not forget the prominence of the fight he so vividly brought to the world's attention

A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 11:01 AM

Originally posted by SimeyTheLimey:
I was thinking they were going to put him in a stasis field like the Galactic Emperor in the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

I just hope Bush gets a slow death, painful, and forgotten about in a second, as well as his comrades.
A Jew with a view.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 9, 2004, 11:03 AM

Oh yeah, the Oslo accords were such a big success.

Good riddance cockroach.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 11:06 AM

Yeetgadal v' yeetkadash sh'mey rabbah
B'almah dee v'rah kheer'utey
v' yamleekh malkhutei,b'chahyeykhohn, uv' yohmeykhohn
uv'chahyei d'chohl beyt yisrael
ba'agalah u'veez'man kareev
Y'hey sh'met rabbah m'varach l'alam u'l'almey almahyah
Yeet'barakh, v' yeesh'tabach, v' yeetpa'ar, v' yeetrohmam, v' yeet'nasei
v' yeet'hadar, v' yeet'aleh, v' yeet'halal sh'mey d'kudshah b'reekh hoo
toosh'b'chatah v'nechematah, da'ameeran b'al'mah
Y'hei shlamah rabbah meen sh'mahyah,v'chahyeem
Oseh shalom beem'roh'mahv, hoo ya'aseh shalom
aleynu v'al kohl yisrael v'eemru
Amein
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by BoomStick:
Oh yeah, the Oslo accords were such a big success.

Good riddance cockroach.
Nice to see the usual suspects make their appearance in here. Simey, djohnson, dcolton, boomer. Hey, where's pachead?
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by BoomStick:

Good riddance cockroach.
That's fuuny, cause that's what I said when Reagan died, and what I wish every day that Bush is in power. Let's not forget those other evil-doers, Kissinger, Sharon, or Rummie. Such symbols of virtue in our world.

A Jew with a view.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2004, 11:21 AM

I suppose the Palestininians get to spend the next 100 years going on a treasure hunt for their stolen money. However, we do know where some of it went, he'd been sending $100,000 /mo to his wife in France while his people starve.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/enh...27.htm&sc=1107

G'bye maggot, sorry I couldn't have said my farewells to you sooner.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2004, 11:23 AM

That's fuuny, cause that's what I said when Reagan died, and what I wish every day that Bush is in power. Let's not forget those other evil-doers, Kissinger, Sharon, or Rummie. Such symbols of virtue in our world.

Compared to a parasite like Arafat, they're paragons of virtue.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 9, 2004, 11:26 AM

Kissinger is a great freedom fighting hero along with the peace loving Sharon.

Truly great men.

God bless 'em!

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 9, 2004, 11:30 AM

Yeetgadal v' yeetkadash sh'mey rabbah....
Amein
You do realize that you're only supposed to say the Mourner's Kaddish over your parents and immediate family members.

That alone is very offensive, that you would mourn the terrorist, may his name be erased and memory forgotten.

Attacking Simey also doesn't go far here.

Thanks for playing, this thread is now closed.
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

Forum Links
Forum Rules