Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > vmarks

vmarks
version
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 01:12 PM

Your PM box is full.

Listen vmarks, before you even begin to tell me about the Kaddish, get your facts straight, ok? And don'ty bother with your diatribe on what is shocking, or not.

As to simey, you did notice how he mocked my initial post, or does your hypocracy know no bounds in here? Don't bother trying to defend Simey, I know the type of carrer Republican he is, get in as an officer into the army, see no service, get the law degree out of it, then dare to preach to those who have actually seen action. Yes, that was an ad homniem attack. So what?

Since when was telling someone that you are sick of their actions constitute an attack? Or are you just one-eyed when it comes to who does what? You do realise that many of us find his remarks, and yours, very offencive. You're a Mod in here, yet you replied to my post in a way which was not becoming of a Mod in this forum, saying what you did about Arafat.

Might just report you for that alone.

Oh, and lock this too.

Hypocrite, and a deceitful liar. You can't even keep a thread open which was cordial on my part, yet you missed out on all the attacks on me, and my posts, and instead chose to admonish me.
what's the matter? too afraid of getting a response, or that some people actally disagree with you?

You show your true colours too easily.
( Last edited by version; Nov 9, 2004 at 01:20 PM. )
A Jew with a view.

Joshua
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 01:20 PM

Safe in the womb of an everlasting night
You find the darkness can give the brightest light.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by Joshua:
Ask vmarks. He's the guy who decided to attack me in a post, close my thread, and I can't PM him. What else to do?
A Jew with a view.

Turias
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 01:23 PM

Try the email button.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2004, 01:24 PM

You're not supposed to start threads about other members or mods. Why not just take it up with him via PM or email?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 01:26 PM

Originally posted by Turias:
Try the email button.
I don't really care now. I'm of on holiday in 5 hours, so he can do what he wants to this thread, least he will see it. Funny thing is, I'm sure I'll read a ton of his faulty logic based on the usual spurious nonsense he dribbles out in here.

You're a sad face for Jews today, and I'm ashamed we are even of the same faith. You have no Jewishness in you.

Bye vmarks, hope you get some clues, real soon.
A Jew with a view.

Joshua
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2004, 01:30 PM

Cue the special olympics image.
Safe in the womb of an everlasting night
You find the darkness can give the brightest light.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 9, 2004, 01:52 PM

Version said the Kaddish for Arafat.

He then tried to tell you all that I have no Jewishness in me.

A child under the age of thirteen may say the Mourner's Kaddish if he has lost one of his parents. Most religious authorities allow a daughter to say Kaddish, although she is under no religious obligation to do so. The Mourner's Kaddish is recited for eleven months from the day of the death and also on the yahrzeit (anniversary of a death). A person may say Kaddish not only for parents, but also for a child, brother, or in-law. An adopted son should say it for adoptive parents who raised him. The Rabbinical Kaddish, Half Kaddish, and Whole Kaddish may be said by a chazzan (cantor - prayer leader) who is not a mourner and has both parents living.

So unless Version is the son, brother, or in-law of Arafat, it is wrong for him to say Kaddish over Arafat.
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

Forum Links
Forum Rules