Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Annoying Mail attachment icons

Annoying Mail attachment icons
Macola
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2006, 10:13 PM

Is there any way to change Mail's default behavior of adding an attachment icon wherever the cursor happens to be positioned at the time? It's a minor issue, admittedly, but annoying enough that I have to fix it several times a day.
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

philm
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2006, 03:41 AM

If you drag your attachment into the message window, rather than using the toolbar, you can easily place it at the end. I find that some corporate mail systems truncate messages from Mail.app such that anything appearing after the attachment icon is not seen by the recipient, so this is not just a cosmetic issue.

Macola  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2006, 11:52 AM

Thanks, will try that for now as a work-around. I guess I should submit feedback to Apple....
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

philm
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2006, 05:04 PM

A nice related tip which always seems to surprise people when I show them is that you can drag a file from a Finder window onto the Mail.app icon in your dock, and a new message window will open up with the attached file already in situ, ready for you to enter the To: address etc. This will also neatly get your icon to the bottom of your message. Still a bit of a workaround, but it might work for you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules