Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Is there any reason not to buy a formac display?

Is there any reason not to buy a formac display?
Chito
Senior User
Oct 22, 2004, 09:38 PM

I'm considering buying a 20" display and as much as I like Apple monitors my budget isn't going to allow me to get both a new G5 AND a 20" Apple display. So the subject line says it all....the Formac seems to blow Apple away in every catagory and it cost about $400 less....money that'll be well spent on ram.
Thanx.....
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

hunterXD
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2004, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by Chito:
I'm considering buying a 20" display and as much as I like Apple monitors my budget isn't going to allow me to get both a new G5 AND a 20" Apple display. So the subject line says it all....the Formac seems to blow Apple away in every catagory and it cost about $400 less....money that'll be well spent on ram.
Thanx.....
I have my gallery 1740 since a few years and it runs great. I must say the quality is amazing .. much better than the old Apple Studio display at this time. The new displays looks interesting ...

coryknx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 26, 2004, 11:14 PM

Originally posted by Chito:
Thanx.....
I own the gallery 2010 (old version) and am very happy with it. If you look at the performance of this baby it was a real bargain. I have looked extensively at LCDs before making the purchase, and I have not seen one competitor that offers the same picture quality. Of course you can always argue about design, but for me the most important feature was the TFT. And here the Formac is second to none. To bad they are not in any retail store for people to see ...

Forum Links
Forum Rules