Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Kellyanne Kills It

Kellyanne Kills It
subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 25, 2016, 11:41 PM

"I don't golf, and I don't have a mistress, so I have a lot of time that these other men don't."

andi*pandi
Jan 3, 2017, 05:49 PM

I saw part of that interview, and yep, that was pretty good. Not enough to make me overlook the bs she usually peddles though...

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2017, 11:54 AM

I'm hearing she decked a guy on Inauguration Day.

andi*pandi
Jan 24, 2017, 12:26 PM

just to see him bleed? or did he make fun of her jacket?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2017, 12:46 PM

I didn't see her outfits, but someone said "doorman at F.A.O. Schwartz".

The story I heard was she tried to break up a fight. When it didn't, she served up some right cross.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2017, 01:04 PM

45/47

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2017, 02:11 PM

Yeah... that's unfortunate.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 24, 2017, 02:13 PM

If she had clocked Spencer I'd have been impressed.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2017, 03:59 PM

Are any of the free speech implications of Spencer getting punched bothersome?

The principle I was raised on was "you shall defend to the death their right to say it".

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 24, 2017, 04:09 PM

I think you're big picturing an isolated incident. It's not like I want this to constantly happen to him.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2017, 04:15 PM

Just enough he shuts the **** up?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 24, 2017, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Just enough he shuts the **** up?
No... you're reading into things.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2017, 04:47 PM

Okay. Fair enough.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 23, 2017, 02:15 AM

Rumor has it she's been moved to second string.

OreoCookie
Feb 23, 2017, 02:35 AM

Rumor has it she's been moved to second string.
Well, that much was obvious when Flynn was fired: an hour or so before the announcement, she was on TV proclaiming that Flynn still had Trump's full trust. It was clear she was out of the loop, I mean, she is a masterful spin doctor, but not a masochist.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 23, 2017, 10:41 AM

Maybe that explains why this week feels quieter than the last few

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2017, 12:51 PM

"I don't golf, and I don't have a mistress, so I have a lot of time that these other men don't."
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 23, 2017, 12:55 PM

Errrr

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 23, 2017, 01:20 PM

The resemblance is uncanny!

OAW

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 23, 2017, 01:32 PM

If we're going for poor taste, let's do it right.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 23, 2017, 06:15 PM

^^^^

OAW

Laminar
Clinically Insane
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Feb 23, 2017, 06:45 PM

Isn't there something in feminism about women being judged more harshly by their looks?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 23, 2017, 07:54 PM

I can't imagine why.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 23, 2017, 10:31 PM

While I agree, Steve Bannon and Miller have both been mocked for their looks as well.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 23, 2017, 10:59 PM

None of these people are ultimately that unattractive.

Kellyanne could eat more and Bannon could eat less and lay off the ****ing whiskey.

Edit: and as I've pointed out before, Trump looks like Owen Wilson, but has obviously let himself go.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2017, 11:34 PM

I think Trump is an ugly person. My Dad used to tell me that you can see it in peoples faces when they are mean or when they are nice. Trump has a mean face. Its the face of someone who hasn't smiled or laughed often in life. This meshes well with everything I see of him and hear about him. The pettiness and insecurity makes me think he spends more time obsessing about how to exact revenge on his enemies than he does laughing and joking with friends or smiling watching his kids grow up. When you see him smile it looks forced or smug and smug isn't motivated by joy, its motivated by meanness. I can imagine he is more likely to smile or laugh about humiliating someone or about screwing someone in a business deal than sharing a joke or a happy moment.

I can see the resemblance but Owen Wilson has a kinder face. For all I know he's a Hollywood diva with alcohol-fuelled anger issues but even if he is, I don't think it puts him in Trump's league because I'll bet he's equally capable of being fun and hilarious.

Trump is a big, flabby ball of hatred and impotent rage and it makes him hideous in every way.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 23, 2017, 11:47 PM

I think that look has gotten worse as he's aged and spent more and more of his life overcompensating for... something.

Nowadays, he's so past his prime, when he's being jovial, he looks like Pepe.

This is Trump as Owen Wilson, exhibit A:

Along the lines of your point about his happiness, the smile he has on that cover does not at all feel like one of his natural expressions I'm familiar with.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 24, 2017, 04:07 AM

Trump would also look 10 times better if he Mega Gelled that shit back.

OreoCookie
Feb 24, 2017, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
I think Trump is an ugly person. My Dad used to tell me that you can see it in peoples faces when they are mean or when they are nice. Trump has a mean face. Its the face of someone who hasn't smiled or laughed often in life.
Agreed, although I think you should have emphasized more strongly that you aren't talking about physical appearance. (I don't like the focus on appearance, that is something you can't do anything about.)
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 24, 2017, 07:06 AM

I'm talking both at once. I consider him to be physically ugly these days. And the hair is just ridiculous. I still wonder if its some kind of brain slug creature that moved on to him after his mother died.

Laminar
Clinically Insane
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Feb 24, 2017, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Isn't there something in feminism about women being judged more harshly by their looks?
I guess this was everyone's cue to start projecting their feelings onto everyone's physical appearance.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 24, 2017, 12:14 PM

Tall people irritate me.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 24, 2017, 12:46 PM

I think Trump is an ugly person. My Dad used to tell me that you can see it in peoples faces when they are mean or when they are nice. Trump has a mean face. Its the face of someone who hasn't smiled or laughed often in life. This meshes well with everything I see of him and hear about him. The pettiness and insecurity makes me think he spends more time obsessing about how to exact revenge on his enemies than he does laughing and joking with friends or smiling watching his kids grow up. When you see him smile it looks forced or smug and smug isn't motivated by joy, its motivated by meanness. I can imagine he is more likely to smile or laugh about humiliating someone or about screwing someone in a business deal than sharing a joke or a happy moment.

I can see the resemblance but Owen Wilson has a kinder face. For all I know he's a Hollywood diva with alcohol-fuelled anger issues but even if he is, I don't think it puts him in Trump's league because I'll bet he's equally capable of being fun and hilarious.

Trump is a big, flabby ball of hatred and impotent rage and it makes him hideous in every way.
^^That's when you know your partisan/ideological narrative has gone too far.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 24, 2017, 02:32 PM

I get it's obnoxious Trump bitched about Obama golfing and now golfs all the time, but is it that out there a real-estate magnate cum president isn't going to have the same need for government provided property in which to work?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 24, 2017, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
Agreed, although I think you should have emphasized more strongly that you aren't talking about physical appearance. (I don't like the focus on appearance, that is something you can't do anything about.)
I generally agree, and try to avoid it. I probably should have resisted posting the pic.

I do still retain the right to nickname her "the nutcracker" after she wore that coat.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 24, 2017, 03:21 PM

I guess this was everyone's cue to start projecting their feelings onto everyone's physical appearance.
Leave my micropenis out of this

Laminar
Clinically Insane
Feb 24, 2017, 03:59 PM

This meshes well with everything I see of him and hear about him. The pettiness and insecurity makes me think he spends more time obsessing about how to exact revenge on his enemies than he does laughing and joking with friends or smiling watching his kids grow up
Did you miss the AskReddit thread about people that worked for Trump or his companies?

Are you going to claim shill/fake news/manipulation when what you read doesn't line up with what you want to believe?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 24, 2017, 04:21 PM

I mentioned that in another thread.

I actually lost interest in reading it before I could find something nasty about him.

I've gotta say though, when it comes to Reddit, I think one discounts the possibility of manipulation at their peril.

Laminar
Clinically Insane
Feb 24, 2017, 04:35 PM

I mentioned that in another thread.

I actually lost interest in reading it before I could find something nasty about him.

I've gotta say though, when it comes to Reddit, I think one discounts the possibility of manipulation at their peril.
You can sort by controversial and still not find anything particularly negative, so it's not like there was a downvote brigade on all of the bad experiences. Given the admin actions against /r/the_donald, I doubt the admins were deleting or hiding negative comments.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 24, 2017, 04:43 PM

That's good enough.

What struck me as possible was t_d jacking the vote totals, but if there isn't anything to "erase" by downvoting, I'm in agreement there probably aren't shenanigans going on.

andi*pandi
Feb 24, 2017, 08:41 PM

I would prefer not to judge kelly ann on her looks, per se... so I don't care for the Beavis comparison... but yeah, the alien photo is funny. Wardrobe is also fair game, and apparently any mysterious wrinkles underneath her clothes that could be a catheter or a pacemaker or alien wiring.

She could use with a good nights sleep and a sandwich. I respect her intellectually but wonder if she feels like she's sold her soul to the devil. She's gonna write a heckuva book in 3 years.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 24, 2017, 10:35 PM

I get it's obnoxious Trump bitched about Obama golfing and now golfs all the time, but is it that out there a real-estate magnate cum president isn't going to have the same need for government provided property in which to work?
I couldn't find the version of the meme I wanted to post. Its not about where he goes or who owns it, its the fact he stated plainly that he didn't play golf, he repeatedly berated Obama for taking any time off at all and specifically for playing golf a handful of times, then he takes 25% of his own working days so far to play golf instead of working.

I know right wing hypocrisy doesn't surprise anyone any more but you really do wonder how his supporters can see such a simple example as this and not start to question their position on whether he really is more honest and better than establishment politicians, which was their argument for voting for him against all sane advice.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 24, 2017, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
^^That's when you know your partisan/ideological narrative has gone too far.
Yes, because I developed my partisan and idealogical bias when I was ten years old when I was more interested in playing football and reading comics. I have however been aware of Trump since that far back and have always thought badly of him. He just never really mattered to the rest of the world until recently.
Its sad that so many "adults" given decades, can't see through a douchebag that was so instantly transparent to a 10 year old kid who barely knew who he was.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 24, 2017, 10:43 PM

I think that look has gotten worse as he's aged and spent more and more of his life overcompensating for... something.

Nowadays, he's so past his prime, when he's being jovial, he looks like Pepe.

See, this to you looks jovial and while the face maybe is in keeping with that, his eyes are not the eyes of someone actually enjoying himself here. I see something much less happy and pleasant in them. Hate, contempt, frustration. Hard to say what exactly but its not light-hearted mirth.

In fact no. This is someone trying to look like he's taking a joke at his expense well when he really, really isn't. Its in the rest of his face now I look at it. The way his eyebrows move and his mouth doesn't. Its dripping with thinly concealed awkwardness. I'm no trained expert on micro expressions but I'm going to stick my neck out and say that someone who is would agree with me.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 24, 2017, 11:03 PM

Did you miss the AskReddit thread about people that worked for Trump or his companies?

Are you going to claim shill/fake news/manipulation when what you read doesn't line up with what you want to believe?
I don't tend to frequent Reddit because I often find that a lot of the people who do are kind of awful. But I really haven't spent that much time there so I only tend to glance at it when I'm linked to one of those car crash threads which is often all about how awful the commenters are. Its not fun to read either with its late 90s thread formatting.

I tend to use it more for info these days. Promo codes and tips or cheats for video games, that sort of thing.

Anyway, reading the first few comments I don't feel they necessarily contradict my view of Trump, but this requires me to clarify something about what I said. I said I thought he was mean, but I didn't mean he was one of those people who likes to lord it over the little guy, publicly berate people (though thinking about it, he did exactly that more than once during the election campaign), nor did I mean that he is stingy with money. In fact being a big tipper fits with the idea that he is obsessed with how others see him. He is desperate to be seen as the big, rich, successful man. Those guys don't quibble over $100 tips or things like that. I think he is mean in private. When no-one he doesn't have extraordinary control or influence over is watching. Family, friends, well-compensated staff under NDA with heavy penalties attached.
Being generous with 401k donations could be a case of keeping your employees happy which is always good, or maybe its a clever tax write off. I don't know. Remembering a driver and his wife's name is just being a good salesman. Its rule number one even.
If Trump shares a joke with his cronies, I expect it to be at someones expense. Typically a woman, as we saw on the tapes. I'd wager he will laugh about that sort of thing all day, but again I consider that mean. Not light hearted fun.

The incidents during the campaign where he kicked out crying babies or mocked certain people or had others removed were him trying to look like a tough guy in front of a crowd he knew would love it. He knew that the more he made the opposition hate him, the more his voters would love him. If he gets seen doing that on the news, its followed by a loud cheer from the whole room and he looks good and popular. If he gets caught on a phone camera threatening to have a hotel doorman sacked for dropping his handkerchief in a puddle, he looks like a scumbag. He's not going to do that.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 24, 2017, 11:12 PM

See, this to you looks jovial and while the face maybe is in keeping with that, his eyes are not the eyes of someone actually enjoying himself here. I see something much less happy and pleasant in them. Hate, contempt, frustration. Hard to say what exactly but its not light-hearted mirth.

In fact no. This is someone trying to look like he's taking a joke at his expense well when he really, really isn't. Its in the rest of his face now I look at it. The way his eyebrows move and his mouth doesn't. Its dripping with thinly concealed awkwardness. I'm no trained expert on micro expressions but I'm going to stick my neck out and say that someone who is would agree with me.
Okay, maybe jovial was the wrong word, but it's way closer than either hate, contempt, or frustration.

The only thing even remotely like any of those things is his initial expression, but incredulous is more in the ballpark.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 25, 2017, 06:16 AM

He looks like a teenager being told off who is holding back from saying what he really thinks because he knows its not worth what it will cost him.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 25, 2017, 10:01 AM

Yes, because I developed my partisan and idealogical bias when I was ten years old when I was more interested in playing football and reading comics. I have however been aware of Trump since that far back and have always thought badly of him. He just never really mattered to the rest of the world until recently.
Its sad that so many "adults" given decades, can't see through a douchebag that was so instantly transparent to a 10 year old kid who barely knew who he was.
If you had these kind of issues at 10, your parents should have definitely taken you in for a mental health evaluation. Now it's likely too late to get comprehensive treatment.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 25, 2017, 05:43 PM

That was sarcasm. I was making the point that a ten year old can tell Trump is a lying ass. Its shameful that 60m adults can't.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2017, 01:07 PM

I doubt that, given your own comments in the past. Get help.

Forum Links
Forum Rules