Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Looking for a good set of headphones...

Looking for a good set of headphones...
rob5243
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 11, 2001, 07:02 PM

Alright I'm getting ready to ditch the walkman headphones on my G4 for something better. I listen to a lot of techno mp3s so bass and low-frequency response are very important. I'm not looking to spend much more than $50 -- I was thinking about the Koss R-80s. Any recommendations?
Thanks.

Valentine
Nov 11, 2001, 09:28 PM

I bought the Grado SR-60s ($70) for my new iPod, and they sound great at all frequencies, and they don't need amplification. You might want to listen to the SR-40s ($40) as well, they may do the job for you.

Leaping Gnome
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2001, 09:33 PM

I would also recommend the Grados for good, cheap sound. Koss are also good if the Grados are a little too expensive for you.

CMYKid
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 11, 2001, 10:09 PM

the grados i'd go along with, but i'd leave the koss ones on the shelf. top o' the line, ifya want accurate and clean sound and are willing to pay for it, invest in a pair of one of the Sony MDR series Studio Monitors...perfect fidelity, comfortable....i've probably had 5 or 6 pairs of these on the road with me over the years...

:ryan

<SEARCH: Try it sometime>
Nov 12, 2001, 12:28 AM

Originally posted by rob5243:
<STRONG>Alright I'm getting ready to ditch the walkman headphones on my G4 for something better. I listen to a lot of techno mp3s so bass and low-frequency response are very important. I'm not looking to spend much more than $50 -- I was thinking about the Koss R-80s. Any recommendations?
Thanks.</STRONG>
I recommend the thread iPod Headphones which you can see has over 40 replies in it!

rob5243  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 12, 2001, 01:00 AM

I recommend the thread iPod Headphones which you can see has over 40 replies in it!
I read it. I just wanted some opinions on headphones w/ a bass emphasis.

Forum Links
Forum Rules