Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 12" Powerbook G4 (rev. b) w/warranty

FS: 12" Powerbook G4 (rev. b) w/warranty
cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 23, 2005, 08:17 AM

Hey all, I'm looking to upgrade, so I'm selling my 12" Powerbook. Here are the specs.

1ghz G4
768mb RAM
32MB GeForce FX 5200 (w/ DVI out)
2x Superdrive
100gb 5400 RPM HDD
Airport Extreme
Bluetooth

2x Power adapters.

This was an apple refurb purchased in July of this year, so it still has applecare on it (yes i have the paperwork). You may also upgrade to the 3 year applecare if you would like, since it's still covered under apple's original warranty. No stuck pixels, or scratches, etc. Machine looks and runs great. I'm Including all of the original accessories, books, discs, etc. I'm looking for 850.00 shipped. Send me a PM or email to daniel.frey at gmail.com

cs

EDIT: I'm also selling my U2 iPod with the color screen, and a InCase Folio for the special edition iPod. I'll go 1050 Shipped on everything.
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

cSurfr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2005, 03:57 PM

bump
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

crawl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2005, 06:31 PM

I just have to post this information, as I feel it's the right thing to do.

I made arrangements to purchase this computer from csurfr (Dan). Sent payment in full to him on a Tuesday with the conditions that he would ship to me on Wednesday Fedex insured and provide a tracking number.

On Wednesday he said there was a conflict with his job and it would be Thursday before he could ship. Then Friday morning he stated it was shipped to me and I should have it in 3-5 days. He said he would send the tracking number that afternoon. There was no reason not to provide it in that email. I sent emails to him twice Friday with no response, and again Saturday morning. In my final email I asked for the tracking number by the end of they day or I would dispute the payment with PayPal. That afternoon he refunded my payment, but has never contacted me with an explaination. This is after stating that the computer had been shipped on Thursday, which was obviously untrue.

I have noticed that he participates actively in the marketplace here, so in the future I would recommend using great caution with this seller.

Thanks,
Paul
Power Mac G5 1.8SP - 1 GB Ram - 9600 XT

jaydon34
Senior User
Oct 31, 2005, 06:41 PM

thanks for the update theres nothing like a scammer
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

zeanimal2001
Oct 31, 2005, 06:54 PM

yiesh....

cSurfr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 31, 2005, 07:31 PM

I don't feel I owe you an explanation at all, but chew on this for a bit . . . The day I told you I would email you the tracking number, the machine was dropped off at a fedex location for me by a roomate. I worked OVER 16 hours that day. Sorry if you weren't the top of my priority list when I got home. That said, you emailed me saying you wanted a refund, so I gave it to you. I had the package held at the fedex point. You try working from the 3rd of October until the 30th at least 14 hours a day without a day off. Good luck with that. Not to mention that my reputation here is just fine regardless of what mr. Jaydon or Ze think.

cs.

cSurfr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 31, 2005, 07:32 PM

double post

zeanimal2001
Oct 31, 2005, 07:43 PM

All i said was yiesh...lol

jaydon34
Senior User
Oct 31, 2005, 09:00 PM

didnt say you were a scammer and its good to see you defended yourself. I just said theres nothing like a scammer
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Oct 31, 2005, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by cSurfr
I don't feel I owe you an explanation at all, but chew on this for a bit . . . The day I told you I would email you the tracking number, the machine was dropped off at a fedex location for me by a roomate. I worked OVER 16 hours that day. Sorry if you weren't the top of my priority list when I got home. That said, you emailed me saying you wanted a refund, so I gave it to you. I had the package held at the fedex point. You try working from the 3rd of October until the 30th at least 14 hours a day without a day off. Good luck with that. Not to mention that my reputation here is just fine regardless of what mr. Jaydon or Ze think.

cs.
I'm on around here in the marketplace all the time, and it's the first time I've heard anything bad abou cSurfr. In fact, I may have bought something from him in the past.

But if money changes hands, especially in the hundreds of dollars, then I would say you DO owe the buyer proper communication as to why things were not going as previously agreed upon.

Apparently this deal wasn't that important to you. It's a good price, I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding another buyer.

crawl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2005, 12:14 AM

I'm really not trying to start an argument here. I just wanted to provide my view of what happened for others to review and come to their own conclusions. I felt that part of our agreement was the shipping, and having the machine quickly was important to me. If you had told me in the beginning it might take a few days to ship, I could have taken that into account. The point is, as a buyer a lot of trust is put into the seller to do the right thing, and while you did in the end I had a few very bad days wondering why it hadn't been shipped to me, and trying to explain to my wife that the money might be gone. Your work situation is of no concern to me. I'll certainly think twice before attempting a transaction of that type again.

Paul

videian28
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2005, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by jonasmac
I'm on around here in the marketplace all the time, and it's the first time I've heard anything bad abou cSurfr. In fact, I may have bought something from him in the past.

But if money changes hands, especially in the hundreds of dollars, then I would say you DO owe the buyer proper communication as to why things were not going as previously agreed upon.

Apparently this deal wasn't that important to you. It's a good price, I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding another buyer.

exactly

videian28
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2005, 06:00 PM

exactly

videian28
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2005, 06:00 PM

exactly

zeanimal2001
Nov 1, 2005, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by videian28
exactly
Exactly Exactly Exactly...

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 2, 2005, 05:41 AM

If you were too busy to arange, that should of been communicated to the buyer, or the sale should of happened later in the week. I request a tracking number 24 hours after payment.

praterkeith
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 4, 2005, 03:32 AM

ill give you $500 for the PB.....

Forum Links
Forum Rules