Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Quick question: 15.2" battery problem

Quick question: 15.2" battery problem
all2ofme
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2003, 06:24 AM

I've got my new SD Ti plugged into the mains and this morning it turned itself off twice for seemingly no reason.

It's been ok for the last hour and a half but I've just clicked on the battery indicator and noticed that it says "No batteries available".

That'd explain it

Has anyone else had this before? I'll shut it down when I've finished up what I'm doing and check to see if it's seated properly, but I'm almost certain that it is.

Any feedback welcomed.

all2ofme  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 18, 2003, 04:57 AM

Well, if anyone's interested it hasn't happened again, but nor did the battery seem to be seated poorly. There was no charge at all in there when I lifted up my machine to check, but I took it out and put it back in and the machine started charging.

I remember others talking about having a charging problem, but I don't think this was it. Maybe my 550 snuck over and sabotaged this one in the middle of the night

CyberPet
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 18, 2003, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by all2ofme:
Well, if anyone's interested it hasn't happened again, but nor did the battery seem to be seated poorly. There was no charge at all in there when I lifted up my machine to check, but I took it out and put it back in and the machine started charging.

I remember others talking about having a charging problem, but I don't think this was it. Maybe my 550 snuck over and sabotaged this one in the middle of the night
Maybe you should have Apple take a look at it, either the charger or the DC-IN card might be faulty.
/Petra

all2ofme  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 18, 2003, 06:48 PM

Tack Petra - det ser ut som det var bara du som l�ste detta! S� det kanske g�r inget om jag inte svarar p� engelska

Jag tror att jag g�r vad du s�ger, vill inte att datorn ska d� igen! Vore �nnu b�ttre om Apple kunde g�ra den tyst som din...

Forum Links
Forum Rules