Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone 4 (Official Thread)

iPhone 4 (Official Thread) (Page 10)
Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2010, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
Is it hooked up directly or through a hub (or keyboard)?
Hooked up directly to the USB port in the back of the mini. We even tried different USB cables.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Thunderbird
Senior User
Jun 29, 2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
My two cents... The problem is very real on my phone, but Apple seems genuinely interested in fixing it for me. I lose all connectivity when I pick up the phone in my left hand.

I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Apple tech support today. My phone literally will go from 5 bars to no service within 5 seconds of picking it up. That's not "some attenuation", it's complete signal loss. Apple support was very helpful. The first tech had not heard of the problem, and walked me through all the usual troubleshooting issues. Nothing fixed it. Second level support was aware of the problem, and she had talked to a few people today who experienced it. She had not been able to replicate the issue, and everyone seems to be experiencing it in a somewhat different way. Some get total loss (like me), others just lose a few bars. She asked me several questions to pass along to the engineers who are trying to fix the problem. She told me that while the blogosphere seems full of people complaining, they have seen relatively few calls related to this issue. She said they can only respond to the problem if customers call.

Apple is overnighting a new phone to me. They gave me absolutely no hassle about replacing the phone. I told her that I didn't want to have the phone repaired unless they knew what the problem was. She said that I would simply be given a brand new (not refurb) phone. If it has the same problem, then they'll keep working until they get it right.
Apple has changed it's tune... I got my replacement phone yesterday, and as I expected, it has the exact same behavior as the original phone. I called back the second level support rep who helped me last week. Now, word has come down from the top - this problem is not to be fixed, and the customer may not be offered anything (bumpers, repair, etc.) The official word really is, just hold it different. It's a hard line approach that doesn't offer even the high level support reps any flexibility in finding a solution. I would be happy with a set of bumpers until their engineers can figure out how to modify the phone. Apparently, if I had asked for bumpers on Friday, I would have been given a set. Today, I am stuck with a phone that completely drops the signal when held in my left hand, and Apple tells me that all phones do that and I should just go away.

It's embarrassing. My brother has been bragging about his Droid. He picked up my phone (not knowing about the problem), and immediately, the signal went to nothing. He laughed about my lousy reception.

Obviously, this is a serious problem affecting a huge number of new phones. Apple knows that if they start fixing phones that it will cost them hundreds of millions of dollars. So, they pretend that it isn't a problem and hope that most people just buy cases for their phones. The problem is, by taking a hard line, they really risk losing business permanently.

I hope that Apple is working on the problem, and will apply a hardware fix when it is available. I am, however, losing faith that Apple will do the right thing.

Eden Aurora  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 29, 2010, 04:10 PM

Thunderbird, I disagree with your conclusion and feel quite strongly about it.
( Last edited by -Q-; Jun 29, 2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Re-engineered the discussion to a more appropriate tone.)
I eat turtle soup for breakfast

Thunderbird
Senior User
Jun 29, 2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Eden Aurora View Post
Thunderbird, I disagree with your conclusion and feel quite strongly about it.
Nice edit. Tell us how you really feel.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2010, 11:46 PM

That is funny.

kman42
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2010, 09:42 AM

I know seven people with iP4s. All of them can make this happen if they try. All of them report to me that they think they have better reception than on their 3GS or their 3G. I agree.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2010, 09:59 AM

Yes, other phones have the same problem--but none of them seem to have it with the severity of the iPhone 4.

I keep coming back to the same conundrum: What kind of phone/design is it where the problem can be fixed by putting a wide rubber band around the phone?

The answer: it's really, really bad design.

The good thing: easily fixed with a case.

The bad thing: what if you don't like cases?

-Q-
Jun 30, 2010, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by amazing View Post
The answer: it's really, really bad design.

The good thing: easily fixed with a case.

The bad thing: what if you don't like cases?
That's the problem I face - really don't care for cases. Fortunately, I haven't encountered the problem during real phone usage, although I can replicate the signal loss issue with the proper hand placement. Unless Apple gives me a bumper for free, really not likely that I'll get a case on my own.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2010, 11:56 AM

I agree, I really really don't want a case. I'm hoping that the small rumor that Apple is pushing out a fix in an iOS update is true. Otherwise I'm hoping someone comes up with a nearly invisible solution (a clear tape of some sort maybe).

Until then, I just have to be very aware of how I'm holding the phone. When I'm talking, its not a problem because I hold the phone in my right hand mostly. But when I'm using apps and such, I hold it in my left hand and tap with my right. Thats where I find myself holding it "wrong" quite often.

And as much as I admire the Apple design team, if this is indeed a hardware only issue that can't be fixed in software, then I have to agree that this is a huge design flaw.

Although, I think the overall strength of the antennae is quite a big improvement over previous iPhones. Case in point: I was in the elevator I ride in a few times a day, and I noticed I get nearly full signal with the iPhone 4, where I wouldn't get any at all with previous iPhones.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2010, 12:09 PM

Here's the best antenna article yet, plus it's part of a very detailed review--but the antenna portion of the review is absolutely brilliant:

Apple's iPhone 4: Thoroughly Reviewed - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

First off, wouldn't you rather have signal strength reported numerically rather than the trickery that the bars permit? Indeed, Apple's purported solution may only be that the software would change the sensitivity of the bars--which is what I mean by trickery--namely allowing the new software revision to display bars where the old software would have shown fewer or no bars. With the present IOS4 many people have stated that they can still make phone calls where the phone shows no bars...so Apple could be charitably be excused for resorting to such trickery, if it weren't for the fact that they'd be trying to hide a pretty horrible antenna design problem.

On top of that Anand Shimpi chose to find a house to live in based on how close it was to an ATT UMTS tower! Wow!

"Holding the iPhone 4 without a case, in your left hand, crossing the black strip can result in a worst case drop of 24 dB in signal....The fact of the matter is that either the most sensitive region of the antenna should have an insulative coating, or everyone should use a case. For a company that uses style heavily as a selling point, the latter isn't an option. And the former would require an unprecedented admission of fault on Apple's part."

Anand goes on to say that reception is massively better than the 3GS, in that he can go further into dead zones where "no iPhone had ever gone before." Caveat: with the Bumper on!

Conclusion:
"The drop in signal from holding the phone with your left hand arguably remains a problem. Changing the bars visualization may indeed help mask it, and to be fair the phone works fine all the way down to -113 dB, but it will persist - software updates can change physics as much as they can change hardware design. At the end of the day, Apple should add an insulative coating to the stainless steel band, or subsidize bumper cases. It's that simple"

The funny thing is that cupping the bare phone and bridging the antenna gap actually improves WIFI reception and throughput!

"Holding the phone with no case actually improves WiFi signal strength by a measurable 5 to 10 dB."

kman42
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2010, 02:14 PM

Here's the best antenna article yet, plus it's part of a very detailed review--but the antenna portion of the review is absolutely brilliant:

[url=http://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/the-iphone-4-review/2]
Conclusion:
"The drop in signal from holding the phone with your left hand arguably remains a problem. Changing the bars visualization may indeed help mask it, and to be fair the phone works fine all the way down to -113 dB, but it will persist - software updates can change physics as much as they can change hardware design. At the end of the day, Apple should add an insulative coating to the stainless steel band, or subsidize bumper cases. It's that simple"
Yet another case of someone talking out their ***. Suggesting that a software update can't fix this is just speculation. No one, except Apple, knows the root cause of the signal degradation and one very plausible explanation is that the software used to select the best channel is not tuned to deal with the absurdity of someone bridging the antennas. It is quite conceivable that the physical act of bridging has very little effect on reception, but it sends a wonk signal to the phone that desperately tries to find a new channel, even if it is of lower quality in reality. This could very easily explain why it takes time to lose the signal and it could very easily be fixed in software.

So, until Apple speaks about the subject and says otherwise, please stop saying that they can't fix it with software. Granted, I'm speculating as much as everyone else with my explanation, but I'm just trying to point out the absurdity of these claims that state that "physics can't be violated" and "Apple should have hired antenna engineers instead of designers".

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by kman42 View Post
Yet another case of someone talking out their ***. Suggesting that a software update can't fix this is just speculation. No one, except Apple, knows the root cause of the signal degradation and one very plausible explanation is that the software used to select the best channel is not tuned to deal with the absurdity of someone bridging the antennas. It is quite conceivable that the physical act of bridging has very little effect on reception, but it sends a wonk signal to the phone that desperately tries to find a new channel, even if it is of lower quality in reality. This could very easily explain why it takes time to lose the signal and it could very easily be fixed in software.

So, until Apple speaks about the subject and says otherwise, please stop saying that they can't fix it with software. Granted, I'm speculating as much as everyone else with my explanation, but I'm just trying to point out the absurdity of these claims that state that "physics can't be violated" and "Apple should have hired antenna engineers instead of designers".
Seriously? Unless there is some strange sensor in the antenna, it's a hardware problem. And before you actually think there is a sensor - it has never appeared in a tear down.

The only thing that can be done in software is what the article says, which is to adjust the db strength the bars represent. But you can't fix a 24db drop in signal with software caused by shorting the antenna.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

kman42
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
Seriously? Unless there is some strange sensor in the antenna, it's a hardware problem. And before you actually think there is a sensor - it has never appeared in a tear down.

The only thing that can be done in software is what the article says, which is to adjust the db strength the bars represent. But you can't fix a 24db drop in signal with software caused by shorting the antenna.
I didn't mean to imply there was an actual sensor in the antenna, just that the phone monitors the strength and quality of the signal, which is something phones do. I can see from my post how you would have interpreted my wording that way though and I should have been less obtuse in my language.

We know the phone actively changes cell channels depending on the strength and congestion of any given channel. And we know that Apple told Walt Mossberg that there would be a software fix for some reception-related issue (may or may not be this). Finally, the signal degradation occurs slowly (at least in my hands and all the cases I've read about; I'd like to see the article's author describe the rate of change). If this were simply a matter of antenna interference, and nothing else, then it should be instantaneous when you bridge the antennas, like grabbing an AM radio antenna.

So, yes, seriously.
( Last edited by kman42; Jun 30, 2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: clarification)

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by kman42 View Post
I didn't mean to imply there was an actual sensor in the antenna, just that the phone monitors the strength and quality of the signal, which is something phones do. I can see from my post how you would have interpreted my wording that way though and I should have been less obtuse in my language.

We know the phone actively changes cell channels depending on the strength and congestion of any given channel. And we know that Apple told Walt Mossberg that there would be a software fix for some reception-related issue (may or may not be this). Finally, the signal degradation occurs slowly (at least in my hands and all the cases I've read about; I'd like to see the article's author describe the rate of change). If this were simply a matter of antenna interference, and nothing else, then it should be instantaneous when you bridge the antennas, like grabbing an AM radio antenna.

So, yes, seriously.
The only thing we know that occurs slowly is the displayed signal strength dropping. However, if you saw the video I posted earlier, simply touching that spot can cause the loading of a webpage to instantly stop. That's not a slow degradation - that's instantaneous.

It may not happen for everyone in the same manner, but I've reproduced it on my phone.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 30, 2010, 04:36 PM

I think you two are talking about baseband firmware, not so much software.

kman42
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
The only thing we know that occurs slowly is the displayed signal strength dropping. However, if you saw the video I posted earlier, simply touching that spot can cause the loading of a webpage to instantly stop. That's not a slow degradation - that's instantaneous.

It may not happen for everyone in the same manner, but I've reproduced it on my phone.
I haven't seen your video, but I'll check it out. That's the first I've heard of an instantaneous effect and it would significantly reduce the likelihood of my explanation.
( Last edited by kman42; Jun 30, 2010 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Preparing my palate to eat crow.)

kman42
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
I think you two are talking about baseband firmware, not so much software.
Nerd!

You are correct, of course.

Orion27
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2010, 05:19 PM

My feelings on iPhone 4. I'm coming from the original iPhone. My original iPhone was purchased soon after the initial price drop. My iPhone performed reliably for me for almost three years of service. The battery is still strong and I have passed it along to my son. Of course I suffered the curse of AT&T on the eastern shore of Maryland, a Verizon stronghold. Nevertheless, I always had a reliable signal most of the time outside my home. I subscribe to Mobile Me ( god I hate that moniker)
being a Mobile Mac subscriber from the beginning. Original Mac Plus 1986. I admit I am a proponent of the the Mac ecosystem. I'm not averse to Jailbreak if warranted. I have never worried about viruses or trojans but I am a fastidious about system updates and an educated observer of my systems.
I skipped two generations of iPhone; 3g and 3gs in anticipation of iPhone 4. This was because of my low coverage area. 3g has finally arrived. iPhone 4 has been all I expected it to be. I do experience the attenuated antenna as I hold the iPhone in my left hand. An Incipio case has mitigated that issue. My reception on the iPhone 4 is better than the original. I get 3g inside my home though only a bar or two. I can make and receive calls using my headset to avoid moving the phone. My complaints about the iPhone 4 is volume on the receiver. This has been and continues to be an issue with the iPhone. I have no issues with the supplied earphones, which for me is a health issue. And I believe health issues are prominent with the iPhone Antenna on the bottom of the phone. Would I prefer all connection all the time? Yes. Can I live and perform within the limitations of Apple Technology? Yes. Does the Apple Ecosystem outweigh "perceived" limitations of Apple the iPhone 4? Absolutely. Have I looked at Android? Yes. I"m a Google gmail member since we offered invitations. So, my feeling is Apple owes me a bumper. And if Apple moves forward with a hardware fix, they owe me first dibs on an iPhone 4.5. with credit due. And another note to Apple. Sadly, the days of the original Apple Retail experience is history. Your gatekeepers are insufferable. The Genius bar was a stroke of genius. I can only liken it now to a set bouncers at a cheap bar. Loyalty begets loyalty. When I need a set of cheap rubber pads for my MacBook Pro, I expect to get them. Not some c*nt telling me I need a technician.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 30, 2010, 05:48 PM

Wait, what? You bought a case and have no issues now, but Apple owes you a Bumper?

I don't understand the connection between the iPhone 4 and your life story rant against Apple...

Orion27
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2010, 07:19 PM

Wait, what? You bought a case and have no issues now, but Apple owes you a Bumper?

I don't understand the connection between the iPhone 4 and your life story rant against Apple...
I find it curious Apple offered a bumper case with this version of the iPhone. For $30.00 no less. Just sayin'. Too coincidental.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 30, 2010, 07:59 PM

They've offered cases before... remember the absurd $99 iPod 5G and iPod nano leather cases? Or iPod socks. Sure, there may be a connection, but according to people who've had direct conversation (to paraphrase Josh Topolsky), it really seems like Apple had no clue that this was an issue. Josh talked about emailing Apple PR with all the reader tips Engadget was getting about the signal loss and Apple seemed genuinely confused. Also, I think the fact that Jobs emailed a user before Apple released a statement says something pretty strong that it wasn't anticipated.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jun 30, 2010, 09:05 PM

You can *still* buy an iPod sock!
Apple iPod Socks - Apple Store (Canada)

I always thought they release the socks because iPods were so scratchable.

d0ubled0wn
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2010, 08:09 PM

This problem affects me enough that I'm simply going to return it. Coincidentally, the 10% restocking fee is $29, the same as a bumper that supposedly would fix it. But the arrogance of Apple saying that "I'm holding it wrong" really pisses me off. I was happy with the performance of my 3GS anyway, though I will sorely miss the Retina Display. One thing for certain, I will never pre-order another product again.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 1, 2010, 09:14 PM

To be honest, Apple's ability to get people to pre-order devices that they haven't even seen in person is a little frightening considering the economy.

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2010, 10:04 PM

MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 1, 2010, 10:19 PM

Just one of them. The response didn't seem very Jobs-ish.

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2010, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by stevesnj View Post
Yes, they were. And WHOOOSH go the troll and jerks!

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Jul 2, 2010, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by awaspaas View Post
So, it's probably somewhat dependent on the signal strength and amount of interference at your location. My guess is those who have not yet seen the antenna issue may indeed have troubles in a different location.
It's all starting to fall into place...

( Last edited by awaspaas; Jul 2, 2010 at 11:40 AM. )

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 2, 2010, 11:32 AM

Can people please stop linking to ****ing Gizmodo?

They're just rehashing research done by AnandTech two days ago.

Apple's iPhone 4: Thoroughly Reviewed - : The Real Story on iPhone 4's Antenna

Read that for a source that's not full of shit.

Edit: Also, the antenna issue has its own thread:
http://forums.macnn.com/103/ipod-iph...ding-it-wrong/

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Jul 2, 2010, 11:38 AM

Can people please stop linking to ****ing Gizmodo?

They're just rehashing research done by AnandTech two days ago.

Apple's iPhone 4: Thoroughly Reviewed - : The Real Story on iPhone 4's Antenna

Read that for a source that's not full of shit.

Edit: Also, the antenna issue has its own thread:
http://forums.macnn.com/103/ipod-iph...ding-it-wrong/
I actually think that graphic summarizes the issue very nicely. (Yes, I've read the anandtech article. It's very well done.

Edit: I removed the link to the Gizmodo article since the title is deceptive. I still think the graphic explains it very well.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jul 2, 2010, 11:56 AM

Meantime, I think it's safe to say that Apple's antenna fix is entirely a software fix? Definitely not a hardware or "firmware/whatever" fix? Apple is in effect saying "please allow us to redesign your perceptions for you by changing what we meant by bars of reception."

Translation: we tricked you in previous generations into thinking you had great reception. We are shocked we did that.

kman42
Professional Poster
Jul 2, 2010, 02:20 PM

I would just like to say that my hypothesis was incorrect.

Brien
Professional Poster
Jul 2, 2010, 08:42 PM

Well, issue or not it certainly doesn't seem to affect sales. I was in my local Apple Store today to see if they had a MDP to VGA adapter (they did), and while I was there I played around with one of the iPhone demo units again. I ended up talking with an employee for a few minutes, and he told me that they won't even sell you an iPhone - at any Apple Store, not just this one - unless you sign up on the store's waiting list, which, in the case of this store, was at least 2 weeks long. Other stores, he assured me, "might have shorter waits". So even if I wanted to buy a phone, I couldn't. Good thing I'm waiting on white - although he was all too sure there would be lines just as bad as launch day for the white one.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 2, 2010, 10:47 PM

Meantime, I think it's safe to say that Apple's antenna fix is entirely a software fix? Definitely not a hardware or "firmware/whatever" fix? Apple is in effect saying "please allow us to redesign your perceptions for you by changing what we meant by bars of reception."

Translation: we tricked you in previous generations into thinking you had great reception. We are shocked we did that.
Actually, I think it's more like "we tricked you in previous generations into thinking you had great reception and now the iPhone4's gone and exposed that. Now we're going to trick you into thinking that the iPhone4's signal doesn't drop when you touch it"

Eden Aurora  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 3, 2010, 07:34 AM

I can't figure out what the ISSUE is! Is it fake reception bars or loss of signal?

If it was just a matter of seeing signal bars go down and you don't drop the call, then who cares.
But if you actually do drop the call, then it's a problem.
Apple is stating it's a software signal bar problem, but reception has always remained strong.

What's the real answer?
I eat turtle soup for breakfast

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 3, 2010, 08:05 AM

The answer is this (a summary of events so far):

1. iPhone 4 exhibits the same phenomenon as every other phone - when you hold it certain ways, reception dips.

2. When reception is good, nobody cares. When reception is bad, you might get problems.

3. Even WITH this drop, iPhone 4 apparently gets better reception than previous iPhones.

4. Apple's status indicator only really covers the critical range - from "you have a problem" to "everything above this level is fine" - rather than the entire scale. This is arguably more useful, but also a source of confusion.

MacinTommy
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2010, 06:31 PM

Status for my phone went from "Not yet shipped" to "Prepared for shipment" but shipment date still says July 14th.... hmmm...

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2010, 07:09 PM

The answer is this (a summary of events so far):

1. iPhone 4 exhibits the same phenomenon as every other phone - when you hold it certain ways, reception dips.

2. When reception is good, nobody cares. When reception is bad, you might get problems.

3. Even WITH this drop, iPhone 4 apparently gets better reception than previous iPhones.

4. Apple's status indicator only really covers the critical range - from "you have a problem" to "everything above this level is fine" - rather than the entire scale. This is arguably more useful, but also a source of confusion.
No, what I gather reading user comments on Digg and various tech blogs is that none of the 1.7 million iPhone 4's can even so much as make a phone call... and anyone who buys one is a semi-literate slave to advertising who is incapable of any sort of independent thought.

I bet that all 1.7 million iPhone 4 users must be storming Cupertino en masse.

Oh... and that people who own Android phones have titanic-sized genitalia. Apparently.
( Last edited by ort888; Jul 5, 2010 at 07:31 PM. )

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 5, 2010, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by MacinTommy View Post
Status for my phone went from "Not yet shipped" to "Prepared for shipment" but shipment date still says July 14th.... hmmm...
Is it white? I want the white iPhone so badly.

MacinTommy
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2010, 07:52 PM

No.. I just looked on Apple.com and it says you still can't order white ones.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 5, 2010, 08:25 PM

Oh, right.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2010, 10:22 PM

I had been hoping supply would catch up and that I would be able to pick up an iphone from a local store after a few days, but I finally gave in and added myself to the reservation list. Any idea how long it might be for them to email me saying they got my phone?

I also tried the death grip in the store today after turning off wifi and it consistently went from 5 bars to 3 and I'm pretty sure Apple stores all have femtocells in them. Safari was still able to load pages.

The retina display is awesome.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2010, 11:29 PM

Unfortunately there are videos on youtube and in the news reports depicting a connection to speedtest.net over ATT towers that just plain stops when the antenna bridging black line is touched. If you release the contact very quickly the speedtest continues. If you hold it the spot longer the speedtest fails.

Whether that only works in marginal coverage areas, that's still to be determined. It could be that in a full coverage area that there's enough throughput for the speedtest to go forward even when you're touching the "don't hold it here spot."

Obviously, in the Apple Stores, there's Safari connecting over wifi as well...

MacinTommy
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2010, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by MacinTommy View Post
Got shipment notification this afternoon!! Hopefully this batch won't have any problems...

Cold Warrior
Jul 6, 2010, 05:19 PM

Holy crap my iPhone 4 just locked up with a black screen and won't stop vibrating. I've done some quick research and if it won't respond to sleep-home restart, I just have to wait it out. And my battery was at 100%, damn it.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 6, 2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Holy crap my iPhone 4 just locked up with a black screen and won't stop vibrating. I've done some quick research and if it won't respond to sleep-home restart, I just have to wait it out. And my battery was at 100%, damn it.
Oh man its having a seizure!! Quick, put a wallet in its mouth so it doesn't bite its tongue!

Cold Warrior
Jul 6, 2010, 05:35 PM

I'd rather throw it against a wall, but that won't help my case with apple if I need a replacement. Really frustrating.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 6, 2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Just remove the battery.

Oh, wait, never mind.

-t

kman42
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
Oh man its having a seizure!! Quick, put a wallet in its mouth so it doesn't bite its tongue!
Who put a cookie in its mouth?

glideslope
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 6, 2010, 07:07 PM

White with a Black Bumper.
To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.”
Sun Tzu

Forum Links
Forum Rules