Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > How does my 24" imac screen compare? (PICS)

View Poll Results: How does YOURS compare?
Poll Options:
Mine is BETTER than this - no blueish tint on grey background 0 votes (0%)
Mine is nearly IDENTICAL 2 votes (66.67%)
Mine is WORSE and/or has uneven backlighting 1 votes (33.33%)
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll
How does my 24" imac screen compare? (PICS)
rpeters83
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2008, 08:20 PM

How does my 24" ALU imac screen compare to happy owners of their machines? I'm debating whether to return mine. I'm not sure if I'm just being too picky or what. Brightness is even, but the thing that bugs me is the bluer tint on the left. So far, every imac I've seen in photos or in store has this issue, but I'm curious to hear thoughts on happy owners of it. Is yours similar to mine? Thanks.

http://public.ryanpetersonline.com/imac/DSC00476.JPG

more: public.ryanpetersonline.com - /imac/

Cold Warrior
Jun 5, 2008, 08:22 PM

Your photos are very large. You may want to consider reducing them. I have a 7 Mb pipe and it still takes way too long to load.

rpeters83  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2008, 08:28 PM

done! sorry for that, please try them again. the connection is slow, i know.

rpeters83  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 6, 2008, 04:09 PM

Too late, I actually got fed up and just returned it. I was kidding myself saying it didn't bother me when it did. I have cheap panels that at least keep consistent color left to right. I'm done with imacs. I'll wait until the mini gets updated and pick up a 23" ACD...

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2008, 08:19 AM

You're a little obsessive. You've posted the exact same thread in multiple forums.

To me your iMac was not that bad, I've seen far worse gradients.

I just received my replacement from week 22 (US Plant) and there is nil backlight bleeding and the screen is even. I'd assume the issues are now ironed out as of week 20 it seems.

If you are persistant with Apple they will definitely help you out in any way they can. After my hassles with the first one having gradients and backlight bleeding, then taking 3 more weeks to get to me - they actually agreed to fix my old iMac with video corruption issues free of charge, even though it's a year out of warranty.

If you aren't happy, send it back until you are. Posting multiple threads for other peoples opinions is a little ...too much.

rpeters83  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 7, 2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by kmkkid View Post
You're a little obsessive. You've posted the exact same thread in multiple forums.

To me your iMac was not that bad, I've seen far worse gradients.

I just received my replacement from week 22 (US Plant) and there is nil backlight bleeding and the screen is even. I'd assume the issues are now ironed out as of week 20 it seems.

If you are persistant with Apple they will definitely help you out in any way they can. After my hassles with the first one having gradients and backlight bleeding, then taking 3 more weeks to get to me - they actually agreed to fix my old iMac with video corruption issues free of charge, even though it's a year out of warranty.

If you aren't happy, send it back until you are. Posting multiple threads for other peoples opinions is a little ...too much.
I've seen worse screens too, but then again, I've seen other non-imac screens that are at least even! The left blue tint was obvious to me. Also, I've dealt with this same issue back in november when I went through 2 more, finally returning the 2nd one for a refund. The techs saw it and I got my money back. After I noticed it back in november, I tested my screens, plus some at work just to see if it was just a trait of LCD technology - they were even.

I shouldn't have to keep going through exchange after exchange in the hopes of getting a screen that is at least even. I didn't NEED the machine anyway, it was an impulse buy (both times). I thought they were fixed now so I tried again with the most recent one. Too many people have reported this problem and I was kidding myself saying it didn't bother me.

It's great that you got one that is fixed, unfortunately the best buy had only 1 left in stock and my guess was that it had the same issue. As I said I may try again in a couple months and post back again to see if people with week 20+ have no screen issues.

Forum Links
Forum Rules