Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > No sound in Win10

No sound in Win10
Rumor
Dec 9, 2019, 03:06 PM

I followed these instructions for setting up Win10 on an external: https://blog.macsales.com/40947-tech...xternal-drive/

I have the most recent bootcamp drivers. Tried changing to the Cirrus drivers as one of the comments suggested. I still do not have sound. Windows doesn't detect anything wrong. Using a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019). Any ideas?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

reader50
Administrator
Dec 9, 2019, 04:02 PM

Check the audio out device (not sure how to do this in Win). Make sure it's sending to the internal speaker, not the minijack. Or the HDMI, or a USB device.

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 9, 2019, 06:29 PM

Windows likes to default to silly stuff, so I agree with reader50’s suggestion.

I too am not sure how to do this with Win10; I haven’t yet upgraded my only Windows box to Win10 yet, and I’m not really in a rush to do it, since I kinda know my way around Win7.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

P
Dec 17, 2019, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Check the audio out device (not sure how to do this in Win).
Right-click the volume icon in the taskbar, and select Sound settings. It is the top option. While you're there, right-click that volume icon again and select Volume Mixer, to make sure that one of your applications isn't muted.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

P
Dec 17, 2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
I too am not sure how to do this with Win10; I haven’t yet upgraded my only Windows box to Win10 yet, and I’m not really in a rush to do it, since I kinda know my way around Win7.
Please note that Extended support for Win 7 ends on January 14th.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 17, 2019, 08:08 PM

I use the Win7 machine for very little. I’ll get around to the upgrade when I don’t have a bunch of other projects taking up my time.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules