Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The case against Hillary

The case against Hillary (Page 19)
Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 24, 2016, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I meant generally among the right.
Well, therein lies your strawman, now doesn't it?

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 24, 2016, 04:38 PM

I've decided to vote for Clinton.
Shocked i tell ya!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 24, 2016, 04:47 PM

Wait, did he decide recently? Let me guess it was that or Doctor Jill 'Nuclear Powerplants will kill us' Stein

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 24, 2016, 06:29 PM

I can't wait for this election to be done. Maybe then the sarcasm, negativity, level of confrontation, and hostility will dissipate a little.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 25, 2016, 01:10 AM

^^ Yours? Definitely.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 2016, 09:47 AM

Hillary :
HIRING ILLEGALS to go door to door for her.

Disgusting lawbreaking POS!
They're with her: Illegal immigrants go door-to-door on behalf of Hillary - Hot Air Hot Air

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 2016, 12:55 PM

Do you enjoy MacNN? You get beat up on a lot, yet you keep on returning, and you seem to either exist in attack or defend mode.
When dealing with a bunch of zealous partisans, is there a middle road?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 25, 2016, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
When dealing with a bunch of zealous partisans, is there a middle road?

One can back off and post less, or at least take a break from the keyboard warrior duties.

I feel much less active in here than I was in past elections, because really, debating people with the intent to change minds is pointless.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 2016, 01:00 PM

I can't wait for this election to be done. Maybe then the sarcasm, negativity, level of confrontation, and hostility will dissipate a little.
The election is simply a vector for the partisans to display their bias, intolerance and hatred as a fashion statement. Even if the sarcasm, level of confrontation, and hostility dissipate, you won't get any true intellectual reflection from those driving the hysteria. Perhaps though, the silence will leave enough room for those actually interested in the future of the free world to reflect on how ****ed up things have become until the next circus in another 4 years.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 25, 2016, 01:06 PM

The election is simply a vector for the partisans to display their bias, intolerance and hatred as a fashion statement. Even if the sarcasm, level of confrontation, and hostility dissipate, you won't get any true intellectual reflection from those driving the hysteria. Perhaps though, the silence will leave enough room for those actually interested in the future of the free world to reflect on how ****ed up things have become until the next circus in another 4 years.
In four years? Try November 9 2016. That's when the campaign for 2020 starts.
45/47

andi*pandi
Oct 25, 2016, 01:12 PM

Why wait?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 25, 2016, 01:35 PM

Yup, although I think and expect that it will be harder for the Republicans to pick up the pieces given the damage Trump has caused the party.

I know you're probably thinking I'm saying this gleefully, but it seems obvious that there is clear fragmentation in the Republican party now. I actually think that a third party or a rebuild would be the healthiest thing for the country, because I don't think we can afford 4 or 8 more years of pure unabashed partisan obstructionism based solely on partisan politics, and a Trump version 2 in 4 - 8 years.

I think the 4 - 8 years would be better spent repositioning the party as a party with ideas that serve the population, intellectually and factually based ideologies (unlike so much of the nonsense Trump has tried to get away with), and a party that does not stoke the ugliest fires among the general population. This party needs a good shower to clean itself of the ugliness that Trump has exposed.

I will be genuinely rooting for a retooled Republican party, not because I want some sort of left-wing dictatorship, but because I think that America is better off with a far more virtuous and less ugly Republican party.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 2016, 01:46 PM

You have to get intelligent people to run for office. This isn't happening. Hasn't been like that in decades. Its been replaced with institutional corruption.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 25, 2016, 01:53 PM

Nobody remembers Bush and Tony Snow shooting the shit about Camus?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 25, 2016, 02:36 PM

45/47

andi*pandi
Oct 25, 2016, 03:32 PM

It's fun how all these emails are using Eudora Mail from 1992. So hard to fake! I mean, it's not like Courier is installed on every computer.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 25, 2016, 05:48 PM

It's not your lack of rage or shame, Dakar. It's your striking down of others who are doing the exact same thing you are. It's your smug arrogance that drives you to insult others for supporting a pile of shit, because you're on the "right side" of the election.
Yeah, you're way off base. At least two assumptions here are incorrect.

You're simply voting for the candidate with a (D) next to their name because, in your words, the GOP base is a bunch of "racist anti-intellectual nutjobs". Again, I name you partisan.
Well, Christ, what's the alternative? And as for the GOP base, they've pulled a banner year for confirming some of the worst stereotypes people have of them. But I'm the bad guy for criticizing them on it?

If you can't stomach vitriolic posts directed at you, maybe you should quit dishing them out.
Well, as long as you admit you're going off the deep end.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 25, 2016, 06:02 PM

She's already shown her hand. The (D) next to her name makes you unwilling to acknowledge it, let alone demand better. This is what I am opining about and why I am naming you partisan.

My point is, you shouldn't be "riding high" on voting for a corrupt 1%er who through actions has shown to be counter to the causes you claim to be fighting for. The only thing I am projecting here is my distaste for your willingness to arrogantly strike down others for supporting a shitty candidate - something you are unabashedly doing yourself with an aura of smugness that is revolting to any true intellectual. Divisiveness is what got us here in the first place, and you're piling on as if you're somehow superior to all those "anti-intellectual GOP nut jobs". You're not. You're one of them, just rooting for the other team.

Again, you're being partisan to a fault and beyond. I stand by my accusation.
If having the temerity to act like elections have consequences makes me smug, so be it.

As far as I can tell, you're acting like there's no difference between the two. Am I wrong?

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 26, 2016, 07:14 AM

More on Hillary's continued BAD JUDGEMENT. A trait she has never overcome. THIS is why she should NEVER be POTUS.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...aa5_story.html

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 26, 2016, 07:46 AM

eye-twitch-gate

Her left eye is twitching again. The meds must have worn off.
45/47

andi*pandi
Oct 26, 2016, 11:17 AM

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 26, 2016, 11:35 AM

More violence from Soros/ Clinton buddies.....DEMOCRATS - The REAL PARTY OF HATE AND VIOLENCE

'Angry protesters' to storm D.C. Trump hotel grand opening | Washington Examiner

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2016, 07:50 AM

I posted a video from a homily given 2012 by Father John Fitch. I now give you the Rector of Ss Simon and Jude Cathedral of the Diocese of Phoenix (my diocese), the Very Rev. John Lankeit.
45/47

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2016, 08:52 AM

MORE VIOLENCE from the Democrats - vandal destroys Trumps star on the Hollywood walk. Democrats are proving themselves to be immature, violent idiots AGAIN. Pretty much the same wrong headed and emotional drivel as the clowns tearing down Trump signs.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-new...just-so-fed-up

andi*pandi
Oct 27, 2016, 11:24 AM

<conspiracy theorist>
Trump paid someone to do it to get pity votes.
</conspiracy theorist>

Vandalism is wrong. I much preferred when someone put up a tiny wall around it. That was clever commentary without being destructive.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2016, 12:54 PM

One can back off and post less, or at least take a break from the keyboard warrior duties.

I feel much less active in here than I was in past elections, because really, debating people with the intent to change minds is pointless.
Clinton's supporters around here aren't trying to change minds, they're mostly hanging around to shitpost and antagonize, and that makes them the worst of the "KB Warriors".

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2016, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
You have to get intelligent people to run for office. This isn't happening. Hasn't been like that in decades. Its been replaced with institutional corruption.
I would say it's been replaced with identity politics, which have pretty much taken over mainstream discourse of late.

Laminar
Clinically Insane
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 27, 2016, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Clinton's supporters around here aren't trying to change minds, they're mostly hanging around to shitpost and antagonize

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
eye-twitch-gate

Her left eye is twitching again. The meds must have worn off.
etc.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2016, 02:42 PM

She's not well. She isn't fit to be POTUS. Still stumbling, and NOW....talking to herself.

VIDEO: Hillary stumbles boarding campaign plane - The American MirrorThe American Mirror

Laminar
Clinically Insane
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 27, 2016, 04:43 PM

BadKosh with the assist.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2016, 10:42 PM

45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2016, 11:00 PM

Chongo and BadKosh, you two are poster children for the weird conspiracy theory obsession I was referring to here: http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...ection-season/

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2016, 07:11 AM

Who cares what YOUR perceptions are telling you? They are ALWAYS WRONG. You see things through that faulty liberal filter, where everything is some fictional stereotype and every situation is a soap opera plot. You label everyone and believe that you know others minds. YOU DON'T. You are in denial about how bad your liberal politicians and MSM actually are. You fall for leftwing propaganda too easily.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2016, 07:20 AM

Chongo and BadKosh, you two are poster children for the weird conspiracy theory obsession I was referring to here: http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...ection-season/
Who cares what YOUR perceptions are telling you? They are ALWAYS WRONG. You see things through that faulty liberal filter, where everything is some fictional stereotype and every situation is a soap opera plot. You label everyone and believe that you know others minds. YOU DON'T. You are in denial about how bad your liberal politicians and MSM actually are. You fall for leftwing propaganda too easily.
Pay no attention to reptilian shapeshifter from Draco
( Last edited by Chongo; Oct 28, 2016 at 07:30 AM. )
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2016, 08:45 AM

Name one actual policy difference you have with Clinton, and I will try to find when you last brought this up on this forum.

The bulk of yours and Chongo's posts have been conspiracy theory hysteria.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2016, 09:23 AM

Yeah , like the ballot stuffing, or the Clinton Campaign colluding with the Media and the DNC boss Brazile during debate 3. You know the list, but do you have the skills to understand it all? NO.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2016, 09:30 AM

Pay no attention to reptilian shapeshifter from Draco
Bad Kosh* is more correct, or Heisenberg.

* Bad kosh is actually Ulkesh, the brother to Kosh Narannic a Vorlon from Babylon 5.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2016, 09:39 AM

Besson is a reptilian.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2016, 09:47 AM

Name one actual policy difference you have with Clinton, and I will try to find when you last brought this up on this forum.

The bulk of yours and Chongo's posts have been conspiracy theory hysteria.
The Supreme Court.
Federal funding of Planned Parenthood.
The HHS abortifacient mandate, and the ACA overall.
Fetal stem cell research.
Euthanasia.
Redefining marriage.
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2016, 09:57 AM

Yeah , like the ballot stuffing, or the Clinton Campaign colluding with the Media and the DNC boss Brazile during debate 3. You know the list, but do you have the skills to understand it all? NO.
Do you have the skills to objectively differentiate between the facts and unproven conspiracy theories? Just being able to come up with a link on the internet doesn't make something true.

CTP doesn't like Politifact, but I say it's better than nothing.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2016, 10:01 AM

The Supreme Court.
Federal funding of Planned Parenthood.
The HHS abortifacient mandate, and the ACA overall.
Fetal stem cell research.
Euthanasia.
Redefining marriage.

A good list!

Maybe if you had focused on these things rather than stupid catheter pics, and gotten a number of like-minded people to do the same, the focus of the Trump campaign would be on substance (providing Trump actually bothered to learn about the issues) and this would have overshadowed all of his dumb choices?

Maybe I've just answered my own question...

Maybe this campaign has been about conspiracy theories because Trump really doesn't know the issues, and therefore can't provide ample opposition on this basis alone.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2016, 10:15 AM

Do you have the skills to objectively differentiate between the facts and unproven conspiracy theories? Just being able to come up with a link on the internet doesn't make something true.

CTP doesn't like Politifact, but I say it's better than nothing.
But YOU always set the bar too low.....

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2016, 10:16 AM

You left out her Gun Grabbing issues, open borders, and lack of credibility.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2016, 10:19 AM

A good list!

Maybe if you had focused on these things rather than stupid catheter pics, and gotten a number of like-minded people to do the same, the focus of the Trump campaign would be on substance (providing Trump actually bothered to learn about the issues) and this would have overshadowed all of his dumb choices?

Maybe I've just answered my own question...

Maybe this campaign has been about conspiracy theories because Trump really doesn't know the issues, and therefore can't provide ample opposition on this basis alone.
So when Hillary is lying to us about all those qualifications do YOU fall for it?

Laminar
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2016, 10:30 AM

You label everyone
faulty liberal
liberal politicians
leftwing propaganda

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2016, 10:55 AM

Labels like racist, etc. Jeez.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2016, 11:04 AM

Laminar
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2016, 11:43 AM

Labels like racist, etc. Jeez.
Oh gotcha - it's bad to label people, but not with the labels that you use, with the labels that those liberals use.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2016, 12:05 PM

45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2016, 01:43 PM

So when Hillary is lying to us about all those qualifications do YOU fall for it?
I know this is completely pointless, but what I call a conspiracy theory is something that might be true, but is not known to be true by expert consensus, and sometimes disputes conventional wisdom.

It is totally possible that Hillary lies about all sorts of things, including her email server, Benghazi, whatever else. I wouldn't even be surprised if this was discovered to be, in fact, true.

But we don't KNOW these things to be true or false. The point is, people like yourself have clung to these conspiracy theories to the point where it has completely overshadowed things that we know to be true about Hillary Clinton. For example, we know she voted for the Iraq war. I've heard your crazy conspiracy theories about her health far more than stuff about her Iraq war vote.

Why do you cling to things that might be true? And, if you really insist on clinging to these conspiracy theories, why don't you cite evidence for them using sources like Politifact? We can dispute the accuracy or bias of Politifact, but at least it's something. It's far better than your random link dumps and sharing of your emotions (while labeling them as objective and your opposition as irrational and emotional, I might add).

Forum Links
Forum Rules