Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > MX Revolution acting up

MX Revolution acting up
Ted L. Nancy
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2008, 10:44 PM

Recently, my awesome mouse has decided that occasionally it will not work properly (cursor, click, and scrolling response is slow and joggy).

At first I thought it was a transmission problem, but after many attempts of trying to reset the connection by unplugging the USB receiver/transmitter and flicking the mouse off/on, I noticed that it could be that it could be a software problem. (For example, I noticed that the problem sometimes begins when Time Machine starts a backup, then subsists after a backup is complete. Sometimes it occurs if I have too many tabs open in Safari, especially when those tabs have video/flash. Sometimes merely trying to do too many tasks at once triggers the problem.)

Any other MX Revolution owners experience anything like this??

I have a 2.4GHz MBP w/ 2GB RAM running 10.5.5.
10.7.1 on Mac Pro 8x2.8

charlespsu
Sep 25, 2008, 08:36 PM

I experience the same thing, out of no wear, and reinstalled the software.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/42...l=us,en?osid=9

fingers crossed.

Ted L. Nancy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2008, 10:31 AM

I reinstalled the software, but it didn't help. Does anyone else have any suggestions, or is this just a limitation of the hardware and/or software?
10.7.1 on Mac Pro 8x2.8

Ted L. Nancy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2008, 09:50 PM

Well I'm about to give up on this altogether and get myself a different brand mouse. I'm almost certain this began when I updated to 10.5.5. I've since reinstalled the update, and have reinstalled the Logitech software. Still same problem.

Not a single person has anything to suggest?
10.7.1 on Mac Pro 8x2.8

all2ofme
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2008, 02:45 PM

I'll pipe up to say that I've got the MX Revolution and am running 10.5.5 with no probs.

Love this mouse. Don't chuck the baby out with the bathwater - might just be a prob with the dongle wotsit. Tried calling Logitech yet?

Ted L. Nancy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 12, 2008, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by all2ofme View Post
Don't chuck the baby out with the bathwater - might just be a prob with the dongle wotsit. Tried calling Logitech yet?
Yes, called them. They suggested that my Airport network was interfering with the signal. (Not a whole lot I can do about this though, except not have wireless internet, which I need.)

I like the mouse too. I think I was just blowing smoke about throwing it out.. but I do want it to work.

Anyways. Like I said, it is plugged into my MBP, which I just listed on eBay in anticipation of this week's new models. Hopefully with a new laptop, clean install, and fresh driver/software install, I won't have anymore issues.
10.7.1 on Mac Pro 8x2.8

Forum Links
Forum Rules