Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Drive Eject Problem

Drive Eject Problem
Big-C
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 14, 2004, 07:27 PM

One of the machines in my lab has a problem where if you push the "eject" button on the keyboard, it won't eject the cdrom drive tray.

I've tried a different keyboard, different ports on the computer, different ports on the display - all to no avail.

However, if I bring up iTunes and push the eject button, the drive tray opens fine!

Not sure where to turn next on this. It's not a machine I'm looking forward to reinstalling from scratch, so if I can find a way to fix it, that would be great.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on what to try, I'm definitely open to suggestions!

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jan 15, 2004, 04:18 AM

How about just cloning it from a working machine?!?

tooki

Big-C  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 15, 2004, 12:11 PM

I suppose I'll have to go that route, but that would be my last resort. I have a clone of each machine setup that I install via netinstall, but this machine (naturally) is different. It has a special sound card & is hooked up to a projection system so that student projects can be demo'd to the entire class and/or visitors. It also has extra software loaded, so it's not like a regular lab machine.

That's life - I'll take your advise and just rebuild it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules