Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > recording a filter action in Photoshop CS

recording a filter action in Photoshop CS
anticon
Feb 20, 2005, 07:51 AM

hi
I have 30 images. i want to apply a a filter such as the alien skin xenofex 2 rip open. Can i record an action so it applies the filter to the first image at a certain setting in the filter, say a rip open value of 30. the next image a rip open value of 29 and so on down to a value of 1 to the final image. If its possible it could save a lot of time

cheers

yugyug
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 21, 2005, 04:25 AM

I am very keen to know how to do a similer thing in illustrator, and as far as I can tell you need to use scripting, like applescript but for adobe products, because you can't set parameters like the one you mention as variables in an action or droplet. mmm hope that makes sense, you could check out the adobe user forum 'photoshop scripting'

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ef7ec95

for more info. and check out the knowledge base there as well.

anticon  (op)
Feb 21, 2005, 10:24 AM

Cheers for the info. I'll check out that link.

Forum Links
Forum Rules