Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > opinions and help for suitable macbook speakers...

View Poll Results: specktone or soundsticks?
Poll Options:
specktone 1 votes (100.00%)
soundsticks 0 votes (0%)
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
opinions and help for suitable macbook speakers...
rocky raccoon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2006, 11:23 AM

ive been looking for a set of speakers for my macbook (at the mintue i use my airports express and stereo for playing music) but i have an increasing need for speakers so i can watch dvd's and videos on-line at a better volume.

i want to spend around £100 and these two are my favourite...

the specktone...

advantages - looks great, perfect for parties or something like that as i can just put my ipod's on display instead of the macbook, and it will charge the ipod when this is happening.

disadvantages - the quality isnt meant to be as good as the harman kardon soundsticks...

the disadvantage with these is that they are not very portable at all. but they are meant to give a great sound...

so i have to decide do i want great sound with limited use other than sound from my macbook?

or do i want good sound but the ability to use the specktone at a poarty...

(i have also provided a pic of my current set up to see what you would think best to compliment...)

thanks for any help...

xtal
Senior User
Dec 15, 2006, 11:58 AM

As someone who enjoys high-quality audio, why would you even care what speakers LOOK like?

To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.

rocky raccoon  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2006, 12:25 PM

well they both look pretty cool i thinks.

but i dont want to have to buy another set of speakers for my ipod... the soundsticks will plug into the ipod but they are definaltey more for computer use.

Forum Links
Forum Rules