Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Adobe Reader Question

Adobe Reader Question
Merkava_4
Apr 3, 2009, 03:43 AM

I downloaded some Adobe interactive PDF tax forms from the IRS to do my taxes and when I went to close out the PDF, a window pops up and asks me if I want to save the data, I said sure and saved the data; but where did it go? It wasn't on the desk top and it's not in my documents folder. I even went into Library looking for it; it's nowhere to be found.

cgc
Professional Poster
Apr 3, 2009, 09:15 AM

What program did you use to enter the data? I though Adobe Reader can't save data in forms...if it did save the data, just reopen that form and the data should be incluced in it.

larkost
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2009, 12:22 PM

Adobe Reader has had the ability to save form data for a number of versions now, the catch is that the forms had to be created with this ability, and until the latest version of Acrobat Professional this ability was reserved for really expensive add-on packages.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 3, 2009, 12:31 PM

That's why I use PDFPen to fill my PDFs. No matter if it's a form or not, I'll just create my own text boxes, and it will stick.

-t

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 3, 2009, 01:37 PM

Merkava, check your Downloads folder. The forms and saved data are probably there.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Merkava_4  (op)
Apr 4, 2009, 04:17 AM

Thanks Glenn for the help. I went searching for a Downloads folder - I searched for it inside the Library folder - no sign of it. I'm running a very old OS - 10.3.9 - so maybe I don't have a Downloads folder.

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 4, 2009, 06:45 AM

Downloads will be under your User folder. Mine would be:

MacHD > Users > Glenn > Downloads

64stang06
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2009, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Downloads will be under your User folder. Mine would be:

MacHD > Users > Glenn > Downloads
10.3.x didn't have a Downloads folder, just Leopard. Unless it was manually created, of course.
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 4, 2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by 64stang06 View Post
10.3.x didn't have a Downloads folder, just Leopard. Unless it was manually created, of course.
Dang, I missed that part. Thanks for pointing it out.

Merkava, in this case, you should find the PDF you're talking about wherever you have your browser downloading to. Since you don't say which browser you are using (I did look carefully this time! ), I'll tell you that the latest version of Safari has a setting for where to download to under the General preferences pane. I believe earlier versions had this pref in the same place. Look there for that PDF.

Forum Links
Forum Rules