Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Whats wrong with my ComboDrive?

Whats wrong with my ComboDrive?
hadocon
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2004, 02:39 PM

I have a 15" 1.25 AL PB (1st gen). For some reason I can no longer burn CDs. I can read CD and DVD no problem, but burning has actually been broken for a few months now. Just getting to reporting it now... Anyways, I System profiler reports it as a CD, DVD, CDR, CDRW capable drive. When I insert a blank CDR the drive spinns, but the CDR never mounts.

sux.

Anyone experience something similar and fix it?
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

euphras
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2004, 02:59 PM

The burners used in the books are not very long lasting. The combo drive in my 3rd gen Tibook gave up burning correctly a year after purchase. Thank god i have Applecare. I will bring it in for service when i�ve finished printing my thesis. Are you still under warranty?

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

hadocon  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2004, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by euphras:
Are you still under warranty?
I sure am I also have issues with my screen (dreaded white spot, and dark spot, and dimness on right side...) I would have taken it in sooner, but I need this baby. I am getting a dual 2 G5 and a 23" display in a few weeks (for my lab, but it is mainly my computer), so only then will I finally have the ability to be without my Powerbook for a few weeks.

Such a hard life, I know

20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

euphras
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2004, 03:56 PM

Quote:".....for my lab,......"

Scientist?

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

rmongold
Aug 10, 2004, 04:31 PM

Originally posted by euphras:
Quote:".....for my lab,......"

Scientist?
Or do you just really love your pet

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2004, 06:12 PM

really? they are that fragile?
iamwhor3hay

Forum Links