Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Wireless Mouse & Powerbook

Wireless Mouse & Powerbook
Big-C
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2002, 03:12 PM

I have a Titanium powerbook, and currently use a Logitech USB mouse with it when I'm at my desk.

Since I move around a lot, I was considering getting a wireless mouse. But after seeing the large receiver that needs to be plugged into your machine, I said forget it!

Does anybody know if there is a wireless mouse that has has a small (or ideally, pcmcia) receiver? Does such a beast exist?

Thanks for any help!

-Chris

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2002, 11:49 AM

The logitech cordless optical has a small USB basestation - I use one with my Pismo poewerbook (through a hub though.)

The basestation is very light and about the same size as an apple hockey-puck mouse (the terrible ones that came with the original iMac).

The mouse itself is a bit bigger.

for review see here: http://www.dansdata.com/ltcmmo.htm

and for more see here: http://www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&newwindow=1&q=Cordless+MouseMa n+ Optical&btnG=Google+Search

Big-C  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2002, 12:32 PM

Hey -

Thanks for the info. The link to the review was great!

I think I'll pass, since I have to plug something into my computer, I can already just plug in my mouse. I was hoping for something I could just leave in the computer even when moving it.

My wife's a different story though - we'll be getting one of these for her today.

-Chris

JayTi
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2002, 10:32 PM

CompUSA has some, what it is, is a small USB type card (about 1") that you plug into your USB port. No basestation or cord, but the receiver is on RF and isn't optical, but from the ones I've installed, it works on all platforms. It's a simple 3 button (two buttons and a clickable wheel) and costs around $30. Check www.compusa.com for details.
Am I still here?

Big-C  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 27, 2002, 01:48 AM

Wow - that looks great!

I'm going to get it and try it out. The super-small form factor is almost exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules