Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Nano + New Radio Remote = Weirdness?

Nano + New Radio Remote = Weirdness?
Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Feb 21, 2006, 07:07 AM

Hi, has anyone else seen this?

Yesterday I finally got the ipod radio remote (it's only just come into stock here in the UK.)

Ever since I plugged it in to my iPod Nano, the iPod has been behaving quite oddly. e.g. it will refuse to play about 10-20% of my music -- it just skips straight past certain tracks - also about 50% of the music now has the wrong artwork.

Even once I unplugged the radio remote it still displays these symptoms...

At one point last night after I unplugged the radio remote it showed the error message "You have connected an accessory that is not compatible with this iPod."

I'm hoping this is just temporary, and there will be a new firmware along soon...

Has anyone else seen this kind of thing with the radio remote
( Last edited by Diggory Laycock; Feb 21, 2006 at 07:23 AM. )

Parky
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2006, 08:15 AM

I would restore the software on your iPod using the latest version.
It sounds like the software is not working properly rather than the remote.
I have no issues with the remote on my Nano and I bought mine the week after they were relased (in the UK)

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

Diggory Laycock  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2006, 09:51 AM

Hmm - Just tried doing a restore - it's behaving properly again - however I've got a bad feeling that as soon as I plug-in the radio-remote again it will go mental again.

I reckon the part of the firmware that is loaded when the radio remote is connected is buggy - it's the first release (that does radio) after all...

Parky
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2006, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Diggory Laycock
Hmm - Just tried doing a restore - it's behaving properly again - however I've got a bad feeling that as soon as I plug-in the radio-remote again it will go mental again.

I reckon the part of the firmware that is loaded when the radio remote is connected is buggy - it's the first release (that does radio) after all...
But it works fine on my iPod nano no issues at all, so if it was a bug it should effect us both

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

Diggory Laycock  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2006, 09:15 AM

Seems I was being too pessimistic - tried using the radio remote again last night - so far no screw-ups.

Must have been a one-off..

Diggory Laycock  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2006, 09:19 AM

Bah - DoublePost - damn AJAX-y goodness.

Forum Links
Forum Rules