Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 10.2.8: Ignore Accidental Trackpad Input?

10.2.8: Ignore Accidental Trackpad Input?
vvedge
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2003, 04:42 AM

Ok, what does this do? It's a new option that showed up in 10.2.8 update.

What exactly is it ignoring?

I've tested it out, and so far it still seems like the same old trackpad. Did this replace "Ignore trackpad while typing?

hmm?
( Last edited by vvedge; Sep 23, 2003 at 04:52 AM. )
--whats this button do?

Goodbye koobi
... we had fun, but Apple Repair and the years have not been kind to you... godspeed...

ccsccs7
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2003, 04:52 AM

That feature has been there, although not under the new combined control panel for Mouse and Keyboard and I believe the feature was called "Ignore trackpad while typing." This keeps trackpad movement (in theory) from distrubing your typing.

Example, while typing, it's supposed to prevent you from sticking your cursor somewhere else.
12" Powerbook 1.5GHz/SuperDrive, 1.25GB Ram, 80GB HD, Airport Extreme, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger
iBook (Late 2001)600MHz/Combo, 640MB RAM, 20GB HD, Airport, Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther — web server

Applefreak01
Senior User
Sep 23, 2003, 05:35 PM

I've noticed that after installing the update that I can use my trackpad while my wireless Microsoft mouse is plugged in even with the option to ignore when a mouse is plugged in. It never did this under 10.2.6.

But when I plug in my logitech mouse (not wireless) it works like it's suppose to.
[Riding a circus elephant]
Peter: Look Lois, the two smybols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a fat white guy who is threatened by change. - Family Guy

aloner
Sep 28, 2003, 06:49 AM

The "Ignore trackapd while mouse is connected" seems to work only if no third-party mouse driver is installed or used.

Forum Links
Forum Rules