Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Change to Seti Stats Pages

Change to Seti Stats Pages
Billy
Forum Regular
Feb 1, 2007, 10:29 PM

It seems like it used to be possible to click on users names in the stats pages and get information on their computers at Seti. Now, there is only an error from Seti. I liked how it used to be. I could see what computers people had and what clients they were using. Is that now too personal?

reader50
Administrator
Feb 2, 2007, 02:55 PM

It was possible, and still is on other projects. For some reason, the URL target info isn't being preserved and added to the name link. This will be fixed.

Gulliver64
Feb 2, 2007, 05:12 PM

... sorry.

reader50
Administrator
Feb 3, 2007, 03:08 AM

This should be fixed with the next SETI stats run. Berkeley fixed a minor HTML error in their pages, this caused our stats parser to not latch the user ID. I've updated our parser to fix this. I should probably migrate the fix to our other BOINC parsers, for whenever those projects update their website code.

Regarding another problem,
Originally Posted by Billy
I just noticed that the "overtake time" columns need re-formatting. If the time to overtake is in days and hours, the initial digit is truncated. i.e. 18 days, 12 hours becomes 8:12. I saw this in the Seti@home stats pages.
The Intercept you saw actually was 8 days and 12 hours (8:12). I checked the formatting code, it skips the hours part when the intercept is 10 days or more. So an 18:12 intercept would be shown as "18 ". The idea is at that distance, the hours part is likely to be highly inaccurate.

jimm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2007, 12:44 AM

Relative to the stats pages, can someone explain to me what the background colors mean? I see red, orange, green, gray and white as backgounds for users. I'm particularly interested in the SETI stats <http://teamstats.macnn.com/seti2/stats.php>

Red and orange are obviously for the most productive participants, but what is the exact differentiation? (I had a red background for a while, but now I'm orange! Ouch, I think!)

Thanks!

Jim Macak

reader50
Administrator
Feb 17, 2007, 02:01 AM

Light Green = Opportunity, someone that will go down easily.
Dark Green = Strong Opportunity. Easy meat. Going down right away, maybe being passed soon by multiple people.
Medium Blue = Yourself, us, the good guys.
Red = Danger Level 1. A strong threat to you (Personal pages) or to most above them (all other pages) or outcrunching the project average by a huge amount.
Orange = Danger Level 2. A threat to you (Personal pages) or to many above them (all other pages) or outcrunching the project average by a solid amount.
Dark Grey = Inactive.
Aqua Blue = New, insufficient data yet.
Purple = Team shift recently (only appears on Changes page).
White vs Light Grey = alternating list background colors, applied to anyone who doesn't rate a specific color above. I suppose they most accurately mean "Average".

Forum Links
Forum Rules