Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > [ANN] Menuet 1.0, Skinnable, Powerful iTunes Controller

[ANN] Menuet 1.0, Skinnable, Powerful iTunes Controller
phillryu
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2006, 02:29 AM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know, we're releasing Menuet 1.0, an app I've been working on for a while with another MacNN member (ambush). You guys can be among the first to check it out before it hits news sites / update sites this morning. Here's a couple of included skins:

Menuet 1.0 Released, Skinnable and Powerful Remote for iTunes Users

New York, New York (January 18th, 2006) -- For those who enjoy using iTunes to listen to music, there's a new app on the market. Menuet 1.0, released today, is an iTunes controller for both music enthusiasts and iTunes power users.

Menuet adds support for iTunes users to control the app in a variety of ways, including hot keys, click controls, a menu featuring full browse and smart browse options, and a skinnable remote.

Menuet is the only iTunes controller currently on market that supports fully skinnable remotes. Included in version 1.0 is an initial set of ten skins, ranging in style from minimal, to futuristic, to whimsical. Skin support was a focus in Menuet's development, and feedback was taken seriously from community designers to insure powerful and flexible specifications that support most iTunes functions, animations, and more.

"One of our inspirations for Menuet was Panic's fully skinnable MP3 player, Audion, which has remained the bright spot in skinnable Macintosh media players for nearly a decade. Our goal is to eventually create a similar collection of beautiful, usable, and plain cool skins for the iTunes generation," says Phillip Ryu, project manager for Menuet.

Menuet also includes the ability to download and apply high-resolution album art from iTunes Music Store for currently playing tracks through its menu.

Menuet is available for download at www.menuetapp.com. Users can try the application without restrictions during a ten day demo period. Menuet is available for purchase on the website for $12.95, and requires Mac OS 10.4.

Direct Download: Here

Changes since the MacGrab.com Public Beta build:

- Removed Splash Screen
- Added two new skins, Drop by Boromar and Stripes by David Lanham
- Full menu browsing (browse by artist, album, and more)
- Memory leaks patched up
- Hot key related bug fixed

Enjoy!

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

Visualize
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2006, 05:56 AM

I think Boramor will be sad to see that you spelled his name incorrectly. Otherwise great update.

Oh, and could you please add track notifications to radio stations ? Also so that they display the radio stations correctly ? Right now i'm running Quicksilver alongside Menuet for controlling iTunes- which is not a bad thing though.

Edit: Show Track Info via Growl does not work here. I set it to F4 but nothing happens.
( Last edited by Visualize; Jan 18, 2006 at 06:05 AM. Reason: forgot..)

phillryu  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2006, 05:13 PM

Menuet 1.0.1 is now released.

- Now a universal binary, supporting the new Intel Macs
- New iPod inspired skin with variants by Susumu
- Improvements to Growl's song information display bezel
- Optimization of "Stripes" skin
- Bug fixes related to Growl, registration process, and album art grabber

More Information - Download

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 05:50 PM

I won a copy of the app. I like it a lot.

On a side note, who developed the online contest programming and design, I was impressed by that also.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

phillryu  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2006, 10:32 PM

I worked with Scott Meinzer (web programmer) and Brian Ball (marketer, AppZapper) on that. You can hear a bit about that here: http://www.cocoaradio.com/

Glad you enjoy the app!

phillryu  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2006, 12:09 PM

Menuet 1.0.2 is now released.

- When play controls are activated while iTunes is not running (via hotkeys, click controls, or remote) iTunes will now launch and start playing
- Growl bezels now update information immediately as tracks change
- Fixed mute hotkey behavior (when already muted, activating the mute command will now restore volume)
- Chinese characters bug for Intel Mac users fixed
- Registration process bug for Intel Mac users fixed
- "About" tab and information updated
- New, sharper icon for Menuet in System Preferences

More Information - Download

Forum Links
Forum Rules