Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 12" PowerBook G4 (1.33, 60GB, 1.25GB RAM, SD), 2 batteries, sleeve $699 shipped

FS: 12" PowerBook G4 (1.33, 60GB, 1.25GB RAM, SD), 2 batteries, sleeve $699 shipped
icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 1, 2008, 12:10 AM

I've been using a 12" PowerBook as my portable Mac since they came out, but I now need a computer with a bigger screen that can run Windows, so I bought a MacBook Pro. However, this is the most compact modern Mac, and is great for using as a secondary portable, or even as a primary machine.

I believe the machine's specs are the same as those listed on this page, but specifically it has:
  • 1.33GHz G4 processor
  • 60GB hard disk
  • 1.25GB RAM
  • 4X Superdrive (DVD/CD writer)
  • 2 batteries - One is the one it came with, and probably has 70% capacity remaining. The other is almost new and probably has around 95% capacity remaining. The 12" PowerBook doesn't have a secondary battery that allows you to swap batteries while it is sleeping, but it is possible to enable "safe sleep" which will save the contents of RAM to the hard disk when sleeping, which allows you to swap batteries without shutting down.)
  • Radtech.us sleeve - This is a form-fitting sleeve made of a suede-like microfiber material that protects the computer from scratches, but is not padded)
  • Radtech.us Screen Protector- A rectangle of the same microfiber material as the sleeve, which can be placed between the screen and keyboard to protect the screen, and can also be used to wipe the screen. It is embossed with the word "PowerBook.")

It is in good physical shape, with very few noticeable scratches (most of them are on the battery removal lock on the bottom of the machine). There is a VERY small dimple on the front to the left of the latch. The screen has no dead pixels that I can see. I've never had any trouble with this machine. It comes with the original box, instructions, and discs. The original install discs are for Panther (OS X 10.3), but I will pre-install Tiger (OS X 10.4) on the machine and provide you with the original Tiger install DVD. It also comes with the original power adapter.

Things that are missing: I don't have the little adapter that allows you to plug the power brick directly into the wall, and I'm not sure if I can find the mini-DVI to DVI adapter. I do have the mini-DVI to VGA adapter.

I'm asking $699, which includes UPS shipping and insurance. I only ship within the US and only take Paypal. Let me know if you have any questions.

jmsearcy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 6, 2008, 06:11 PM

Are you open to trades?

icruise  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 6, 2008, 11:41 PM

Probably not, sorry.

schwaz80
Apr 2, 2008, 10:16 PM

Still available?

Forum Links