Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Two and a Half Men Season 9 Thread - Offical

Two and a Half Men Season 9 Thread - Offical
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2011, 01:27 AM

Ok so who has seen the first episode of the new Two and a Half Men series? I just finished watching it and while I don't want to spoil anything yet for those that have not I must admit I have mixed feelings.

I can see the potential for good comedy with it but its not going to be the same show. I think I can get used to it though because the other characters are still pretty powerful.

Im not sure Ashton was the best person for the show yet but its hard to tell with just one episode. Kinda wondering what others think about his character in the show if it will save the show or kill it.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2011, 01:39 AM

I liked the show when Charlie Sheen was on it. The entire show was built around Sheen's personality, and without him, there is no center to the plot.

The show is dead, but the producer will keep it alive to prove a point.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2011, 01:46 AM

I think the producers are morons. Personal disagreement that put at risk a very profitable show. If I was a share holder I would be upset. I don't think the show is dead though. Will have to see a few more with Ashton to see if I will like it or not. Before seeing tonights show I would have argued it was all Charlie. But with out Charlie it was easy to see how important the other characters are for the show. My opinion changed on how much of the show was Charlie and how much of the show was the rest of the cast.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 21, 2011, 03:14 AM

I chuckled twice, that was it. Meh.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 21, 2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
I chuckled twice, that was it. Meh.
I used to refer to it as "Two and a Half Jokes". Frankly that was generous more often than not.

"That guy is drunk." and "Insert knob gag here." pretty much summed it up.

It really never was very/any good. There are far far better comedies on TV. Community, Big Bang Theory and the always superb 30 Rock are much better. Chuck Lorre is massively overrated (Yes I know he "Created" BBT but I take that to mean that he signed the cheque and put his name on it, its Bill Prady's baby really).
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 21, 2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Chuck Lorre is massively overrated
I also hear he's a sad silly fool, an asshole pussy loser, and a low rent, nut-less sociopath.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2011, 06:14 AM

Everyone is replaceable. Even Hollywood stars. Whether the show succeeds will depend on how good it is, not who is on it.

I watched the re-launch. Pretty much all STD and dick jokes. I guess they wanted to dance on Sheen's head before moving on without him. I think Kutcher did alright, but putting him in bed with two women by the end seemed like a tribute to Sheen instead of a knock. I hope they avoid making his character a knock-off of Sheen's, and avoid the obvious womanizing copycat behaviour, but they probably won't.

I watched the roast too. It was pretty good, with some awkward moments. Tyson's an idiot, and watching everyone suck up to him was really sad. Otherwise, I had a great time. Lisa Lampanelli's Twitter commentary was awesome too; you should all check it out.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 21, 2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
Everyone is replaceable. Even Hollywood stars. Whether the show succeeds will depend on how good it is, not who is on it.
But the show isn't very good and never has been. Mad or not, Charlie was absolutely right when he said he was carrying it.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2011, 11:30 AM

Took a while for me to get into the show. I ignored it for years. I still need to see the roast.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 21, 2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
I watched the roast too. It was pretty good, with some awkward moments. Tyson's an idiot, and watching everyone suck up to him was really sad. Otherwise, I had a great time. Lisa Lampanelli's Twitter commentary was awesome too; you should all check it out.
The roast was watered down to hell. I have no idea what was wrong with it. I blame Sheen.

As for Tyson, people weren't sucking up to him – they were trying to make sure a mentally unbalanced guy didn't have reason to punch them out after the show.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2011, 01:02 PM

The Alan Character is the catalyst along with Jake. Berta, Evelyn and the rest are back seat characters. Kutchers character will be 'back seat' until his character gets some character. It will be all the plots and writing for the next 3-5 episodes before we'll see any really new twists.

Forum Links
Forum Rules