Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Official MacNN COVID-19 Thread

The Official MacNN COVID-19 Thread (Page 29)
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 25, 2021, 12:53 PM

Glückwunsch!

Thorzdad  (op)
Nov 25, 2021, 03:02 PM

Congrats!

Brien
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2021, 10:09 PM

So… omicron anybody?

OreoCookie
Nov 27, 2021, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Brien View Post
So… omicron anybody?
I’ll pass. I prefer to wait for pi.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MacNNFamous
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2021, 12:41 PM

I hope it mutates and takes out 20%, globally. Fuck these science denying fucks, I hope they all die.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 30, 2021, 04:40 AM

I bet a lot of the holdouts would cave instantly if the authorities said there was a variant that caused permeant impotence and/or penile shrinkage.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 30, 2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
I bet a lot of the holdouts would cave instantly if the authorities said there was a variant that caused permeant impotence and/or penile shrinkage.
Interesting you should say that.. Because COVID-19 does (in some cases) cause impotence. It has an affinity for the epithelial lining of blood vessels, such as those in the lungs, heart, and brain, and it can cause permanent damage. Surprise; that same lining tissue is in the parts of the “boy parts” that cause erection. Yes, boys and girls, getting COVID CAN cause permanent impotence.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Thorzdad  (op)
Dec 1, 2021, 04:38 PM

Trump-appointed judge blocks government Medicare/Medicaid vaccine mandate.

This is insane. My wife’s home health company has already begun notifying workers about the new requirement and had several quit. Effin’ death cult. Give me liberty orand give me death.

reader50
Administrator
Dec 1, 2021, 05:22 PM

COVID is a collective threat. Like manning a wall. If one sector takes the night off, most barbarians will cross the wall where it's unguarded.

The antivax people (including judges) talk about freedom. But they never talk about duty. Their part insuring that freedom does not become freedom from life. The lives lost aren't necessarily the guards hanging out in the bar, who were supposed to be on their section of the wall that night.

Brien
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2021, 01:56 AM

Let ‘em quit. More jobs for the rest of us.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Dec 2, 2021, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Interesting you should say that.. Because COVID-19 does (in some cases) cause impotence. It has an affinity for the epithelial lining of blood vessels, such as those in the lungs, heart, and brain, and it can cause permanent damage. Surprise; that same lining tissue is in the parts of the “boy parts” that cause erection. Yes, boys and girls, getting COVID CAN cause permanent impotence.
Publicising this fact more seems like a sensible strategy.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Thorzdad  (op)
Dec 2, 2021, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Brien View Post
Let ‘em quit. More jobs for the rest of us.
It's unskilled home healthcare. It's hard to keep a solid staff together in the best of times. The work can be shit, and the pay is shit largely due to being based on what Medicare/Medicaid/VA and private insurers pay for the service.

reader50
Administrator
Dec 4, 2021, 08:04 PM

A 50-year-old man tried to pass off a silicone arm as his own at a Covid-19 vaccination clinic in northern Italy, in an attempt to get a vaccine certificate without actually getting inoculated.
The nurse realized it was fake, and thought it was a prosthetic. That she'd gotten the wrong arm. But it turned out to be a deliberate con. He wanted a "super green pass" that gives access to bars and other dense indoor locations. Only without getting a free vaccine, and protecting those other people.

The article makes no mention of charges, but public-endangerment comes to mind. Or attempted negligent homicide (if such a charge exists). The only mention of legal consequences is:
The Biella health department has filed a complaint with the local prosecutor's office.
We'll see if anything comes of it. Unfortunately, stupidity is not illegal.

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 4, 2021, 08:24 PM

Here’s the Google translate on the original story:

https://torino-repubblica-it.transla..._x_tr_hl=en-US

The nurse asked the guy “do you think I’m here to comb the dolls?”

What a brilliant colloquialism.

Forum Links
Forum Rules