Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [wallpaper 1440x900] Dandelion

[wallpaper 1440x900] Dandelion
vladstudio
Baninated
Aug 4, 2007, 12:47 AM

All done in Photoshop using mostly vector tools, no photos manipulated.
More sizes at
vladstudio

*** EDIT *** - please download 1400x900 from
http://vladstudio.powweb.com/files/v...n_1440x900.jpg

Thanks!

( Last edited by vladstudio; Aug 8, 2007 at 10:41 AM. )

brazil
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 4, 2007, 07:35 PM

hey there Vlad! For those of us who watch you like a hawk,we have had this for a day or two from the Apple DL site-To all others get this wall pack from Apple DL
Apple - Downloads - Mac OS X - Icons, Screensavers, etc.
Thanks for letting us know here Vlad-You are the greatest!
"I'm a Grey Chicken" - This is what my African Grey said . She did not learn it from me. www.screaminmoon.com

Sijmen
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 4, 2007, 09:42 PM

Everytime I hear/read or see 'dandelion' I have to think of that Ice Age bit! Nice work
Apple Powerbook 17" 1,67 GHz, 2 gig RAM, 100 gig HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, Superdrive 8X

NobleMatt
formerly crazyreaper
Senior User
Aug 5, 2007, 06:10 AM

wow thats awesome man, you got/use illustrator, i use to do all my Vector work in PS untill i found Illustrator, takes it to the next level

Matt

vladstudio  (op)
Baninated
Aug 5, 2007, 10:23 AM

Thank you very much! I appreciate your feedback :-)

brazil
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2007, 10:44 PM

I am sorry for how MT is treating you. We will watch this site for you realeses. I don't mind saying that I finally bought a liftime subscription at Vlads site and it is totally worth it,if your into high quality work and presentation on your desk,constantly seeing new pieces being devloped.Vlad is a fantastic artist and should have the option of selling it any way he pleases,imho. Thanks again for that last pak Vlad it is incredible!
"I'm a Grey Chicken" - This is what my African Grey said . She did not learn it from me. www.screaminmoon.com

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2007, 06:04 AM

He's not being "treated" at all. He runs a retail wallpaper site. If he wants to sell to the MT membership he should take out an ad on the front page........

brazil
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2007, 07:21 PM

DJ,As I said-we will be watching THIS site for his incredible work not MT so there is no need for you to stick your ever growing head and keyboard into this thread.Your rules don't seem to apply here-so git!

MarkLT1
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 7, 2007, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by brazil View Post
DJ,As I said-we will be watching THIS site for his incredible work not MT so there is no need for you to stick your ever growing head and keyboard into this thread.Your rules don't seem to apply here-so git!
Honestly, I have to agree with DJ to some extent (and no, I haven't seen what was going on at MT). The description of the thread is that it offers a 1440x900 wallpaper. And yes, the wallpaper is gorgeous, but no, unless you buy, the 1440x900 is not available. IMHO that is 1) "bait and switch", 2) very spam like. Just my 2 cents.

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2007, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by brazil View Post
No one, myself or anyone else at MT has any issues with Vlad or his work. They are very nice pieces and worth the price to many people. However, (pay attention to this part) he runs a retail site and collects money for his work, he should pay for the advertising on MacThemes. Is this sinking in yet? Do you think the banner ads here are free? Perhaps the ads at his own site?

Points to clarify:
1. They aren't my rules, I don't run the site, I just work there.
2. I posted on topic, and will post anytime I choose to and in any thread.
3. Take your rambling about me to the Mods/Admins instead of in a thread about wallpaper.

vladstudio  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2007, 10:40 AM

Oh! I was supposed to upload 1440x900 to this forum (this size is not available for free from my site, so its kinda special file for macnn!) but could not find upload feature. Am I not allowed to upload files to this forum? Anyway - please get 1440x900 from

thanks!

brazil
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 9, 2007, 06:02 AM

who is to say that Vlad watches his site stats like I do and could see mad clicks from MT or sold a membership or few from the forum postings,would that not put Vlad in a much better situation to buy an ad from MT? I mean I sure would if I thought that MT could mean new members for my pay site.I just think it is wrong to limit the artist to his buying an ad from your site.These are some of the grooviest Desktops on the inter-web. I also have a habit of giving Pay Pal support to many themers. As hard as this stuff is to do,I respect-I could never do it but pay? Yes I can,and we need to support this kind of thing to encourage more art. Anywho DJ one of us is puttin' the cart before the horse on this issue,I just don't know who,hehe

MarkLT1
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2007, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by vladstudio View Post
Oh! I was supposed to upload 1440x900 to this forum (this size is not available for free from my site, so its kinda special file for macnn!) but could not find upload feature. Am I not allowed to upload files to this forum? Anyway - please get 1440x900 from

thanks!
Cancel my complaint Vlad!

Forum Links
Forum Rules