Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > How to tell when iPhone 3G is fully charged?

How to tell when iPhone 3G is fully charged?
CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Jul 17, 2008, 01:34 PM

OK probably a dumb question since it's more then likely a simple oversight on my end but how can you tell when your iPhone is fully charged? When I have it connected to my Mac it always has the "charging" icon for the battery on the iPhone and on iTunes and never blinks or says charge complete (left it on for 8 hours overnight to make sure I was letting it charge long enough).

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2008, 02:19 PM

The iPhone is fully changed when the icon in the top bar changes from a lightning bolt to a two prong power symbol.
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

MartiNZ
Senior User
Jul 17, 2008, 03:37 PM

Oh right. I've been surprised to find that the iPhone is quite secretive about batter status. I go on the 'usage' settings, which change to blank / 0 minutes on charge. Would be nice if rid worked more like the ipod ... Or any other cellphone for that matter, and also a % indicator before the 20% warning would be nice, so I could see just how much the battery goes down simply leaving the phone sleeping overnight so the alarm works... Looks like that uses about 20% in itself!

Forum Links
Forum Rules