Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Ordered iBook 10/28, been delayed twice now.

Ordered iBook 10/28, been delayed twice now.
jetta_gt
Forum Regular
Nov 6, 2003, 07:14 PM

First it was delayed to today, 11/6 and I just got an email from Apple saying that it's been delayed again until 11/13.

I imagine this is because my order is BTO (Bluetooth, APX, and 40 GB drive), but I am still upset because everyone else is getting their machines and I'm not.

If i bitch to Apple will they give me a free Bluetooth keyboard or something?

bleee
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2003, 08:32 PM

If i bitch to Apple will they give me a free Bluetooth keyboard or something? [/B]
If they gave you one they have to give everyone else that got delayed one too =P

Gorilla
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2003, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by bleee:
If they gave you one they have to give everyone else that got delayed one too =P
Like me. Mine was pushed back to the 13th today as well. I think it is the BTO because I'm getting mine with memory and hard disk maxed out.

Anyone know if complaning can get them to ship faster?

mgl
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2003, 09:11 PM

I ordered an ibook 12, 40GB, BT, APX, also scheduled for the 13th. Ordered on the 1st, during ordering said it would ship in 1-3 days, after ordering said the 13th.

jamester
Forum Regular
Nov 8, 2003, 11:25 PM

I'll be placing my order on Friday, the day after you's guys iBooks should ship I'm getting BTO as well - iBook 12, 256, 60GB, APX, BT. I'm more psyched than I could imagine.

J
2.4GHz Macbook. 22" LCD. External 640GB HD. Yum.

jetta_gt  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2003, 04:35 AM

followup:

I called apple and talked what may have be the sweetest woman in the world, i told her i was inconvienced by the delay and asked for free shipping, she was happy to do it, and sounded like she would have thrown in a BT keyboard had i just asked!

the key to this is, 1. Be very polite 2. Let them know how much it inconvienced you and that you are thinking about cancelling...

Gorilla
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2003, 03:01 PM

Mine ended up shipping the day after I got the mail. I phoned them that morning before I had checked my e-mail to get them to upgrade my shipping, but they told me that it had already gone out.

Oh well. I wish I had caught them a little earlier though. This waiting is really getting to me. The estimated ship date is this Friday, and my computer arrived in Anchorage yesterday afternoon.

Does anyone know how the shipments get to Canada after they reach Alaska? Will it be shipped from there to a point in Canada, or do they have to go down south before coming back up again to Canada? Mine is shipping with the free standard service.

sohara
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2003, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by Gorilla:
Oh well. I wish I had caught them a little earlier though. This waiting is really getting to me. The estimated ship date is this Friday, and my computer arrived in Anchorage yesterday afternoon.

Does anyone know how the shipments get to Canada after they reach Alaska? Will it be shipped from there to a point in Canada, or do they have to go down south before coming back up again to Canada? Mine is shipping with the free standard service.
I ordered an ibook from Canada as well. I'm in Montreal and it went from Taiwan to Anchorage, then to Memphis, then to Winnepeg and hopefully to Montreal tomorrow morning. That's when it is scheduled to arrive.

Here's the tracking detail from FedEx:

Nov 7, 2003
8:49 pm
Left FedEx Origin Location_
WINNIPEG CA_

10:43 am
WINNIPEG CA_
Released for Delivery_

10:27 am
WINNIPEG CA_
Package available for clearance_

7:13 am
Left FedEx Ramp_
WINNIPEG CA_

7:13 am
Arrived at FedEx Ramp_
WINNIPEG CA_

2:19 am
Left FedEx Sort Facility_
MEMPHIS TN_

12:56 am
MEMPHIS TN_

Nov 6, 2003
8:19 pm
Left FedEx Ramp_
C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW_

4:53 pm
Left FedEx Sort Facility_

11:17 am
Arrived at Sort Facility_
ANCHORAGE AK_

Nov 5, 2003
10:24 pm
Arrived at FedEx Ramp_
TA YUAN HSIANG TW_

mgl
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2003, 11:20 PM

I ordered on the 1st. Was supposed to be shipped in 3 days. Then it said the 13th. I called and made the BIG mistake of asking them to split up my order. She said it was the applecare that was holding it up, apple canada was out of them (how they can be out of a simple cd and piece of paper I don't know). She split the order and told me that my computer would ship on the 14th. Um, that's worse. So she put them back together and it's still the 14th.

The lesson grasshopper, is don't call and ruin things.

pysan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2003, 11:35 PM

I just ordered a maxed out 12" on the 7th and mine also says on or before the 13th, so it looks like that is the magic date? Can't wait to get my hands on it though! Just thought I'd mention that the 13th is the day for me as well.
iMac G5 1.8 17" SD/768MB/80GB
iPod Mini 4gb Rev. B
external firewire 400 120GB drive

moonsocket
Nov 12, 2003, 01:31 AM

hey sohara
im in fredericton, nb. here is my shipment status:

Nov 11, 2003 12:01 pm

Left FedEx Ramp

MIRABEL CA

4:08 am

Left FedEx Ramp

MOUNT HOPE CA

3:03 am

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

MOUNT HOPE CA

Nov 10, 2003 8:45 pm

Left FedEx Origin Location

WINNIPEG CA

11:51 am

Package status

WINNIPEG CA

Package available for clearance

6:08 am

Left FedEx Ramp

WINNIPEG CA

6:08 am

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

WINNIPEG CA

Nov 8, 2003 4:29 pm

Held at Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

2:56 am

Held at Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

12:55 am

Arrived at Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

Nov 7, 2003 6:30 pm

Package status

ANCHORAGE AK

Released for Delivery

5:17 pm

Left FedEx Sort Facility

ANCHORAGE AK

should be here tomorrow!

Gorilla
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2003, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by sohara:
I ordered an ibook from Canada as well. I'm in Montreal and it went from Taiwan to Anchorage, then to Memphis, then to Winnepeg and hopefully to Montreal tomorrow morning. That's when it is scheduled to arrive.
Thanks for the info sohara. It put my mind at easy a little.

My iBook just arrived today, 2 days earlier than the estimated ship date. I havent seen it yet (i'm still at school) but I'm surprised that it came so early. I'm glad I saved that twenty bucks on express shipping. I think I could have gotten it yesterday if it hadn't been a holiday oh well.

And so my decade-long absence from the Apple world ends...

mgl
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2003, 12:23 AM

Do BTOs ever come directly from Taiwan or do they all go to Rancho Cordova first? My iBook's origination point for FedEx was Rancho Cordova, not Taiwan. Ordered Nov 1, arrived Nov 14. iBook G4 12", 40GB HD, 640MB RAM, BT, AE.

Forum Links
Forum Rules