Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Modern Warfare 2 thread

Modern Warfare 2 thread (Page 35)
boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
From what I can tell, you got a ton of 1-hit kills with a silenced M21. Obviously my comment was not aimed at you.
No one hit kills, ever. Every kill is two shots. There's no recoil though, so I can get it off.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 2, 2010, 04:20 PM

No SP?

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2010, 08:56 PM

No SP?
Cold Blooded.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2010, 09:05 PM

I haven't used a Cold Blooded class since I stopped playing HC TDM.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2010, 09:26 PM

It's my ninja class...
Silenced M21
Extended Mag Shotgun
Claymore
Scavenger Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

Skewp.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2010, 10:24 PM

Any thoughts on the AA-12? The first time I used it back in the day I thought the range was non-existent, but on Estate it's kinda ok. Gonna get a lot of hit markers, but you're also gonna rip up some groups of people.
I like the AA-12, in that it seems to destroy anything close that I point it at. It's great in Estate and Derail, BUT, it shoots so fast that it seems to be able to only kill 2 people, before it needs a reload. It almost needs to have 12 shots before a reload instead of 8.

It's like your comment below, I like it, but it shoots too fast when I hold the button down.

Now, for dumbest comment you will ever hear in this thread: I hate people that burst fire automatics. I can't put my finger on why, but I find those deaths extremely irritating.
Hey, you're stealing my role in this thread. I'm the guy who's supposed to say dumb things!
( Last edited by Leonard; Mar 2, 2010 at 11:12 PM. )
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2010, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
Call in the nuke and the host migrates again! Make it through the migration, and the nuke goes off, ended the game 29-1 (apparently the nuke kills me too).
You gotta be kidding. 3 host migrations? I assume there was no lag as you were getting kills, so the host was chickening out. I hate that, at least stay the game. Quit AFTER the game. That's usually what I'll do. ...although sometimes I just get kicked out. But then, I'm never a host, so when I leave there would be no migration.
MacBook Pro

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 3, 2010, 11:27 AM

boy8cookie may have heard me actually lose my cool for ten seconds after a match last night.

I was playing a match against a group of guys that decided it would be a great strategy to really camp. I'm talking about find the darkest corner of a room, crouch, and wait with a shotgun until someone possibly walks by. The whole freaking team.

I fully expect someone to control an area. Nothing wrong with that. These guys literally just parked in a spot, and there was no way to flash bang one and get the other, because there would be several to a room in opposite corners, crouching and waiting.

On the "good" front, Suddenlink quietly upgraded all of it's 10 MB customers for free:

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 3, 2010, 11:31 AM

Your ping makes me wet.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 3, 2010, 11:52 AM

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2010, 02:34 PM

Your ping makes me wet.
That's what she said.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 3, 2010, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
boy8cookie may have heard me actually lose my cool for ten seconds after a match last night.

I was playing a match against a group of guys that decided it would be a great strategy to really camp. I'm talking about find the darkest corner of a room, crouch, and wait with a shotgun until someone possibly walks by. The whole freaking team.

I fully expect someone to control an area. Nothing wrong with that. These guys literally just parked in a spot, and there was no way to flash bang one and get the other, because there would be several to a room in opposite corners, crouching and waiting.
That's pretty rough. Fatty and I had a tough one with a team camping the chicken area on Karachi the other night.

All I can suggest is Danger Close, and an ATS/RPG.

Edit: Oh yeah, got a chance to use my Thermal MG4 on Wasteland last night. 18-2 with an above average assortment of random players at my back. So it has potential.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 4, 2010, 12:47 PM

::maroma:: sighting last night! I'm pissed we didn't have the space or time to add him.

In other news, my thermal MG4 seems to be getting it done on Wasteland. I've probably killed 4 or 5 cold-blooded guys up close and I have to say that was all luck. If it weren't for the hitmarkers, I would even know what I was pointed at. I have sniped a few snipers, however, and thanks to recoil, the thing is a little prone to headshots (aim for the chest).

Also, a nice little illustration of how lightweight/commando sucks last night. How many of us opened with it? We dug ourselves a nice little hole to get out of.

Great night for playing shitty teams (7500-1600 on Sub Base!). I could use more of those.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2010, 02:24 PM

...Also, a nice little illustration of how lightweight/commando sucks last night. How many of us opened with it? We dug ourselves a nice little hole to get out of...
Disagree, if latency is good, I can do quite well with a commando setup.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 4, 2010, 02:27 PM

The rest of us, were at 4 bars, however.

I'm telling you, in the long run that set-up will get you killed. It's only consistently effective against noobs and the laggy.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 4, 2010, 02:56 PM

WOW...

When you guys have the time, read through it: Ousted Infinity Ward Founders File Lawsuit Against Activision (The Court Documents)

I really hope they hand it to Activision.

[EDIT] - NEVER MIND...dadgummit, didn't read the console thread beforehand.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 4, 2010, 03:02 PM

Great night for playing shitty teams (7500-1600 on Sub Base!). I could use more of those.
Even more rare was the other team actually sticking around after several beatdowns because they considered us a challenge.

I got my first Intervention kill last night during an Invasion match. I fired wildly for the first couple of kills and ran out of ammo, a nice enemy lent me his Intervention and I got a single kill with it (which was the same dude) before I died. Powerful gun, might have to use it as my exclusive sniper next prestige.

Highlight for me was back to back game wining killcams for your buddy Bill that showcased his wild flailing style of shooting.

Just in case my killstreak loadout is now Harrier / Chopper Gunner / Nuke. Wishful thinking but **** it, who knows.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 4, 2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Even more rare was the other team actually sticking around after several beatdowns because they considered us a challenge.
and they didn't call us campers or noob tubers or anything.

I got my first Intervention kill last night during an Invasion match. I fired wildly for the first couple of kills and ran out of ammo, a nice enemy lent me his Intervention and I got a single kill with it (which was the same dude) before I died. Powerful gun, might have to use it as my exclusive sniper next prestige.
Love the Intervention. Sounds awesome unsilenced. Best sniper for slow paced maps.

Just in case my killstreak loadout is now Harrier / Chopper Gunner / Nuke. Wishful thinking but **** it, who knows.
Funny, I was just thinking we should all downgrade our killstreaks to use UAV. Now that I've been trying to be more mobile lately its come in handy again.

---

Oh, I forgot to mention but the FAL w/Holo and SP = Underrated. I was two-shotting snipers from the poppy fields of Afghan last night with it.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2010, 05:20 PM

::maroma:: sighting last night! I'm pissed we didn't have the space or time to add him.
Yes, I have finally begun to drink the kool-aid. I'm only at level 26 or so and I'm pretty terrible. Although one game last night I went 25-1 with a 21 kill streak. I doubt I'll ever beat that or even come close again. Also I don't know anything about the different guns. I've been using the FAMAS the whole time. Almost done upgrading it though at least.

I have a question. Is there a site that shows all of your stats, much like the site Halo had? Mostly I'm interested in showing off that 25-1 game I had to others. Its all I have.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 4, 2010, 05:41 PM

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 4, 2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
Yes, I have finally begun to drink the kool-aid. I'm only at level 26 or so and I'm pretty terrible. Although one game last night I went 25-1 with a 21 kill streak. I doubt I'll ever beat that or even come close again. Also I don't know anything about the different guns. I've been using the FAMAS the whole time. Almost done upgrading it though at least.
So, this means we'll be seeing you on again in the future?

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
I have a question. Is there a site that shows all of your stats, much like the site Halo had? Mostly I'm interested in showing off that 25-1 game I had to others. Its all I have.
Hahahaa.

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*wipes away tears*

That's exclusive VIP content we've been waiting 4+ months for.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 4, 2010, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
WOW...

When you guys have the time, read through it: Ousted Infinity Ward Founders File Lawsuit Against Activision (The Court Documents)

I really hope they hand it to Activision.

[EDIT] - NEVER MIND...dadgummit, didn't read the console thread beforehand.
Page 10, Paragraph 32.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2010, 05:48 PM

So, this means we'll be seeing you on again in the future?
Yeah, I'm pretty much hooked on it now. Doubt I'll be on tonight, but this weekend I'll be on some.

Hahahaa.

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*wipes away tears*

That's exclusive VIP content we've been waiting 4+ months for.
Ahh, no wonder I couldn't find it. I noticed the VIP section on their site, but didn't see anything that was "Very Important" about it. I guess that will come eventually.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 4, 2010, 06:55 PM

Page 10, Paragraph 32.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2010, 10:21 PM

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 5, 2010, 01:54 AM

Booo. The video in that link no longer works.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 5, 2010, 09:19 AM

Been a few days since I made a d1ck of myself over this game. I haven't started the Xbox all week.

Tonight I'll be back on.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 5, 2010, 10:19 AM

The legitimacy of that video has been called into question. Why stills and no video? Plus, at one point a pic shows "Victory: Host Ended Game" a total COD4 occurrence.

As for the new maps, people found assets pointing to those on the MW2 disc. They're maps that didn't mac the cut on the shipped version. Which is to say, they could appear, but that's not guaranteed (Complex's load screen looked awesome).

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 5, 2010, 02:58 PM

So I unlocked the silencer for the UMP last night. All of a sudden I now understand why I get murdered with that thing. The recoil drops noticeably (around SCAR level, maybe slightly worse). So what's the advantage? The UMPs minum damage is 35, 5 higher than the SCAR, TAR or AK minimum or M4 or ACRs maximum (SP not included). That's three hit kills at any range.

I found I had some success with the UMP last night that went like this: Start with UMP go 3 or 4 kills, die. Respawn. Get two kills. Die. Respawn. Get one or zero kills.

I don't know if its my sucking, teams reacting or adjusting, but after those opening volleys I get diminishing returns. I have yet to try it on Underpass (Mostly just Highrise) but I guess my advice is to use it as an opening strategy, then abandon it for your favored class.

---

Also, what's the deal with Crosbie and Prestige? I saw the ****er had freakin' Fall on his ACR (Noob! [wink]).

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 5, 2010, 03:40 PM

Ha! Only a noob would mistake a SCAR-H for an ACR.

I got a question about prestige. Will I lose my Fall camouflage on my SCAR-H if i prestige? I'm currently at Expert VI with 255 head shots (need 350 for VII). Also, how high does expert go to? VII or VIII?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 5, 2010, 03:43 PM

pwned

You lose everything but emblems and titles. You unlock Prestige Veteran and Master challenges, where all these headshots you're doing would carry over (and unlock new titles and emblems).

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 5, 2010, 03:49 PM

That sounds like the experience (or worse) that I had with the UMP. But I don't remember trying it with a silencer.

Maybe I should have tried it with a silencer, as I found the recoil terrible. I think I ended up starting my aim at waist height and at the end of a burst of shots would be at the head of the enemy. The map it seemed to be best suited for was RUST, and I typically made it a running class.
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 8, 2010, 11:19 AM

Waiting for Dakar's DLC info post ... ... ...

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 8, 2010, 11:39 AM

Weekend Round-up

The UMP

• Yeah, I know, I've talked about it a ton. I got the silencer Thursday night right? (150 kills). By the end of Friday night, I had already unlocked FMJ (300 kills). That's how much the silencer helps. But it gets better. I now have over 600 kills with it. Over the course of the weekend I got an additional 300 kills with it. (I also have over 30 FMJ kills, but for any other weapon, I'd be done by now)

The MG4

• Forcing mastery was really killing me Sunday (like literally), but it's done. The Thermal Wasteland class? A keeper. I haven't seen any games where I'd claim my old RPD class would be better.

• The class FYI:
MG4 with Grip and Thermal Scope
AA-12 with Red Dot
Bling, Stopping Power, Ninja
Frag Grenade

The Striker

• Sort of the FAL of shotguns. It's a little weak (seems like two hits to kill anyone, anywhere), but it makes up for it by having a deep clip (12!). Range is slightly better than the AA-12, which is why I'm considering switching it on my MG4 Thermal class.

The WA2000

• I swear it and the M21 are prone to the weirdest hit detection ever. I never have instances of being clearly on a person's torso and completely missing with the Barret or Intervention, but this happens with the WA2000 with some regularity. Anyway, it culminated last night in barely seeing the top of a guy's helmet over a wall on Rundown, firing, hitting, and getting a hitmarker. On a headshot. I wonder if this is indicative of some shady CSHD (There have been several instances of hearing at least 3 hitmarkers while using the UMP and someone not dying)

Derail

• Played for the first time in over 2 weeks. Was one vote away from veto. No one likes this map anymore. Awesome.

Kill of the weekend

• Got two headshots with one bullet (again). Why is it notable? It was with the intervention on Estate. I had notifications for like three minutes. (collateral damage, all pro, One shot one kill, Head shot, Long shot, one shot one kill, headshot, long shot, double kill)

sek
I think I asked this before, but what's the primary on your shotgun class?

Thanks to the UMP, I actually have a legit run n gun class I use to run n gun (On Highrise and Favela, mostly)

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 8, 2010, 12:27 PM

Was the ACR w/ Holo and Silencer, now the M4 w/Holo and Extended mags. My two main classes are technically shotgun classes, and nearly identical. One has a silenced AR and the other has an extended mag AR. Silenced AR w/M1014 has become my main class.

I unlocked extended mags with the M1014 again last night, just recently got 2500 kills and 250 headshots with the ACR so I'm switching back to get the same with the M4A1. Next prestige I will probably finish off all title/emblem challenges related to the M4A1 and ACR.

Not on Quarry: I'm finding my Danger Close class to be the most useful, as most of the time it seems camping the tank room is the other teams gameplan.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 8, 2010, 12:35 PM

Well, a small note on the UMP. I don't know how much you use the ARs in actual combat, but with the UMP you move faster (The strafing is amazing). This is regardless of what weapon you have pulled out (I picked up an ACR when I was low on ammo one and I was ****ing blasting around the map with it. It was surreal). So if there's a map where you use you M1014 exclusively, try equipping the UMP as your main and see how it feels.

Running UMP w/Marathon prolly feels like having an AR + lightweight. Comparable, at least.

I have to say, I have no idea how I got 250 headshots with the FAMAS (By like second Prestige, none the less) but none of my other ARs are even close (Of course, most range between 1200 -1500 kills). I think I have 250 with the RPD as well (also crazy). I'm curious what my strategy will be once I've achieved Vet III on all the ARs.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 8, 2010, 12:41 PM

Oh yeah, finished Chopper Veteran II finally. Took me most of a Prestige to get 100-150 kills. Awful. Now on to finishing Carpet Bomber III, and perhaps Jolly Green Giant III.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 8, 2010, 12:53 PM

Not brave enough to try it this prestige, but once I reset in 6 levels I'll certainly check out a UMP/Shotty runner class.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 8, 2010, 12:59 PM

Just food for thought. We all know my proclivities and after testing it out it's definitely going to be a go to class (though I swear I'm not going through this shit again til final Prestige).

Speaking of Prestiging, I've officially tired of it. As if I needed motivation, guns like the UMP and MG4 (and to a lesser degree, the FAL) are a pain to get to a usable point. I swear if Prestige 5 didn't have the ugliest emblem of them all, I might have stopped. I still think I'm stopping at 9. Too cool compared to 10 (and I'll have all the Custom Classes).

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 8, 2010, 01:05 PM

Once I complete all challenges related to the M4, prestiging will kind of be pointless. I'd be happy getting one more custom class and seeing if my next lvl 70 will be my last.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 8, 2010, 01:09 PM

Once I complete all challenges related to the M4, prestiging will kind of be pointless
Not sure I see the connection.

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Mar 8, 2010, 01:13 PM

...seeing if my next lvl 70 will be my last.
Once i take a break from Bioshock 2, this lvl 70 will be my last... until we get new maps

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 8, 2010, 01:18 PM

I sure wish there was somewhere (like a website) where I could check what Prestiges you are (1 and 2?). *sigh*

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Mar 8, 2010, 01:34 PM

I sure wish there was somewhere (like a website) where I could check what Prestiges you are (1 and 2?). *sigh*
Bungie.net?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 8, 2010, 03:58 PM

Not sure I see the connection.
The M4 is one of the first weapons available thus making it a good choice to start out with after prestige. Once I finish all the emblem/title challenges for the M4 it would mean either I get kills with the M4 that don't count towards something, or I use the SCAR, which I hate.

I know there are other weapons available, but my main weapon on my main class will always be an AR. I don't like the burst weapons, I don't like the SCARs fire rate or clip size, and I don't like the TAR21 or F2000s accuracy. Pretty picky, yes, but I've grown very fond of both accurate ARs (ACR and M4A1).

I'll probably finish off both ARs emblem/title challenges during my next prestige and then I might switch to the FAL. If I'm high enough in rank and I'm liking the FAL I'll prestige again and start out with the UMP and finish up with the FAL.

Basically I hate wasted kills that don't count towards something, if the FAL annoys the shit out of me then I'll probably stay at 70 next time and keep all my weapons unlocked.

Things I miss when I prestige: Ninja Pro, ACR w/attachments, M1014 w/attachments, G18s, Claymores (for sniper class).

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 8, 2010, 05:06 PM

The M4 is one of the first weapons available thus making it a good choice to start out with after prestige. Once I finish all the emblem/title challenges for the M4 it would mean either I get kills with the M4 that don't count towards something, or I use the SCAR, which I hate.
Ok, now I get it. I'm not that big a fan of the SCAR either.

Basically I hate wasted kills that don't count towards something, if the FAL annoys the shit out of me then I'll probably stay at 70 next time and keep all my weapons unlocked.
To repeat my warnings, FAL and UMP both take time to come to terms with. They're now two of my key classes.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 8, 2010, 07:08 PM

I am willing to give the FAL a good try, the UMP might get ditched quicker.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 9, 2010, 04:50 AM

I now have over 1000 kills with both the M1014 & UMP. Dakar is right, you can rack up the kills pretty quick when the silencer is attached.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2010, 11:08 AM

You have 1000 kills with the UMP already? I feel like I've been using it too much and I only have, like, 700. Geez.

---

In other news, I signed on late last night and saw ::maroma:: playing so I joined his lobby. I want his matchmaking. It was like the old Merc TDM lobbies from the first months of the game. I dominated the lobby for an hour and a half, pulling either most kills, highest kill/death or, usually, both. It was insane. The game alternated me from being his opponent to his teammate, but it didn't matter. Fun night.

Highlight of the night: Terminal. Someone on my team sets up a sentry gun at Burger Town, after a minute of shoot outs, things go quiet and I anticipate a flanking maneuver. I switch to my Secondary (AA-12) as I hear incoming steps from behind, run to the corner near the Burger Town counter as three dudes peek their heads out Three Stooges style. BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM. AA-12 triple kill.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2010, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
I now have over 1000 kills with both the M1014 & UMP. Dakar is right, you can rack up the kills pretty quick when the silencer is attached.
Interesting. I seem to have gone the wrong way with the UMP. I think I went with Rapid Fire (or RDS) and FMJ. I should set up my 6th class this prestige with an UMP and a AA-12, and a running class for Favela/Rust/Highrise.

Only problem is to get the silencer. How many kills do you need for the silencer? Isn't that like the 3rd unlocked attachment?
MacBook Pro

Forum Links
Forum Rules