Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Modern Warfare 2 thread

Modern Warfare 2 thread (Page 36)
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2010, 12:03 PM

Rapid Fire = More recoil. Subjectively, I think FMJ adds a hint as well. Silencer should be unlocked at 75 kills, I believe (at least it is on ARs).

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 9, 2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
You have 1000 kills with the UMP already? I feel like I've been using it too much and I only have, like, 700. Geez.
Before I unlocked the SCAR-H, the UMP was my primary weapon. I was at 575 kills when I switched back last week. Last night I got around 125 kills alone. (Lot's of noobs were playing last night.)

In other news, I signed on late last night and saw ::maroma:: playing so I joined his lobby. I want his matchmaking. It was like the old Merc TDM lobbies from the first months of the game. I dominated the lobby for an hour and a half, pulling either most kills, highest kill/death or, usually, both. It was insane. The game alternated me from being his opponent to his teammate, but it didn't matter. Fun night.
Sounds like the kind of night I had. I joined Jaw Bone's lobby and we started out as team mates but then ended up on opposite teams. The worst match I had last night was against him on Underpass. I kept running into his f**king clay mores and finished the game at 4-14.
After Jaw Bone signed off I joined another lobby that must have been full of noobs. I consistently had the top score on my team (which is a first because I'm usually in the negative when it comes to kills/deaths).

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Before I unlocked the SCAR-H, the UMP was my primary weapon. I was at 575 kills when I switched back last week.
Well shit, I had 150+ before I restarted. Who cares how many you had before...

Sounds like the kind of night I had. I joined Jaw Bone's lobby and we started out as team mates but then ended up on opposite teams. The worst match I had last night was against him on Underpass. I kept running into his f**king clay mores and finished the game at 4-14.
After Jaw Bone signed off I joined another lobby that must have been full of noobs. I consistently had the top score on my team (which is a first because I'm usually in the negative when it comes to kills/deaths).
Hmmm... perhaps we have a new infusion of noobs? Whatever that mojo was, I hope it around through the weekend.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 9, 2010, 02:16 PM

In other news, I signed on late last night and saw ::maroma:: playing so I joined his lobby. I want his matchmaking. It was like the old Merc TDM lobbies from the first months of the game. I dominated the lobby for an hour and a half, pulling either most kills, highest kill/death or, usually, both. It was insane. The game alternated me from being his opponent to his teammate, but it didn't matter. Fun night.

Highlight of the night: Terminal. Someone on my team sets up a sentry gun at Burger Town, after a minute of shoot outs, things go quiet and I anticipate a flanking maneuver. I switch to my Secondary (AA-12) as I hear incoming steps from behind, run to the corner near the Burger Town counter as three dudes peek their heads out Three Stooges style. BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM. AA-12 triple kill.
Yeah, you came in there and just wrecked everyone. It was indeed insane. But still fun, even when you were wrecking us. You're welcome to join my lobbies anytime, lets just try and make sure you're on my team, eh?

And decog wanted me to tell you he's comin' for you! Well, not really since he doesn't play much, but he was impressed with your showing last night. He just started playing MW2, in case you hadn't noticed his lvl 3 rank.

Good times though. I need to start diversifying my weapon packages. I've been using the same setup for a long time. I'm using the FAMAS, which I like a lot for its accuracy. I've unlocked all of its attachments so I think I'm ready to try something else. Any suggestions for a new gun to try?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
Yeah, you came in there and just wrecked everyone. It was indeed insane. But still fun, even when you were wrecking us. You're welcome to join my lobbies anytime, lets just try and make sure you're on my team, eh?
You're ****ing ACOG FAMAS on Underpass was irritating the hell out of me. Not the map for a UMP.

And decog wanted me to tell you he's comin' for you! Well, not really since he doesn't play much, but he was impressed with your showing last night. He just started playing MW2, in case you hadn't noticed his lvl 3 rank.
I jumped into the middle of a Quarry game and he was the first person I ran into (I wisely decided to guard my team's flank). I noticed his name immediately and his rank. This became more apparent as he continually returned to die. He got me a few times, though.

Good times though. I need to start diversifying my weapon packages. I've been using the same setup for a long time. I'm using the FAMAS, which I like a lot for its accuracy. I've unlocked all of its attachments so I think I'm ready to try something else. Any suggestions for a new gun to try?
FAL. Better to convert someone early. It'll be weird, but its mean once you get used to it. (Holo w/ Stopping Power FTW).

Alternatively, the TAR for a full auto. With GL and Danger Close (Also: FTW)

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2010, 02:48 PM

You know what, I'll just post a few of my main classes.

FAL w/Holo
Thumper
Semtex

Marathon / Stopping Power / Ninja

Alternatively, you can sub Scavenger in for more explosives. Used mostly on Afghan, Highrise, Invasion, Karachi, and Quarry to pick people off from a distance.
I sometimes use a silenced blinged cold-blooded version on Quarry, Rundown, and Underpass

TAR w/GL
AT4
Semtex

Scavenger / Danger Close / Ninja

This is my more mobile full auto class. Great for Favela, Skidrow, and Sub Base where I think I'll get into more direct fire fights.

RPD w/Grip
Shotgun of choice
Frag

Slight of Hand / Stopping Power / Last Stand

This is more of a composite of several variations I use. Killer class for Rust, Scrapyard, Terminal, and Wasteland. Tears through anything.
Alternatively, can be blinged out to use a Hearbeat Sensor or Silencer depending on the map and your preferences.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2010, 04:10 PM

Hmmm... perhaps we have a new infusion of noobs? Whatever that mojo was, I hope it around through the weekend.
Yeah it seems there was alot of green on Saturday. I got in one match where i felt like king of the lobby - I think I was the only prestige player. I was getting scores like 25-5 and 14-3, etc with a Sniper rifle and my killstreaks (care package, harrier, pavelow). I was hoping I could break 30 kills, but didn't... DAMN. That score target of 7500 is too low sometimes. Eventually, though, the lobby started losing it's green color and turn more silver with more prestige players.

I need one more pentration kill and I have all my attachments for the Barrett 50 - I want that Barrett 50 mastery. I'll change my 2 with 1 bullet title, then.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2010, 04:47 PM

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 9, 2010, 05:07 PM

I jumped into the middle of a Quarry game and he was the first person I ran into (I wisely decided to guard my team's flank). I noticed his name immediately and his rank. This became more apparent as he continually returned to die. He got me a few times, though.
Haha, yeah he's a little green on MW2. Even greener than me. But he's got some FPS skills that once he plays more MW2 he's gonna be good. His first time in a multi match he got a 3 kill streak right off the bat. I struggle to get a 3 kill streak even now. He's threatening to trade in the game because he's not 100% into it, but he hasn't given it a chance. I'm trying to convince him to keep it.

We might be doing some co-op tonight though, if I can get online.

FAL. Better to convert someone early. It'll be weird, but its mean once you get used to it. (Holo w/ Stopping Power FTW).

Alternatively, the TAR for a full auto. With GL and Danger Close (Also: FTW)
Thanks for all the tips dude! I'll begin studying and trying things out. I have much to learn.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2010, 05:12 PM

Has he played before last night? A night is not even close enough to get used to the game.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 9, 2010, 05:19 PM

Gotta love Scavenger/Claymores. You started slaughtering me the next match, if I remember correctly (Terminal?). I think my claymores lit a fire under you or something, 'cause you went on a bit of a spree against me. I was pathetic from Underpass until I logged off.

The unexpected lobby drop-in has become a lot of fun for me lately. Seeing a friend on your team is always a nice "Oh, cool" kind of moment, but it's sometimes just as fun to run into them on the opposing team.

Dakar dropped a few nights ago, and I didn't even realize he was on my team until the match was nearly over. I had some family over, so I had to get off quickly, but that was one of my better matches in recent memory. Predator > Harrier > Pavelow, then Predator > Harrier. I don't remember my K/D, but I know the match felt good. It's nice to have a decent game after sucking it up 70% of my matches with y'all.

I keep trying to move away from the FAMAS, but I'm now determined to get the 250 head shots with it before giving the FAL a little more attention. I used it maybe twice prior to my first prestige. An outside party is operating a conference here this week/weekend, so I'm going to be seeing some extended playing sessions all nights until next Monday.

Just reading through this thread is enough to make me want to go home and fire up the 360.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 9, 2010, 05:22 PM

Haha, yeah he's a little green on MW2. Even greener than me. But he's got some FPS skills that once he plays more MW2 he's gonna be good. His first time in a multi match he got a 3 kill streak right off the bat. I struggle to get a 3 kill streak even now. He's threatening to trade in the game because he's not 100% into it, but he hasn't given it a chance. I'm trying to convince him to keep it.
Nearly everyone I know threatens to quit the game after the first session or two. There are some nights I get mad enough to shut it down abruptly and pick up some NBA2K10 to ease the rage, but MW2 is gaming crack. I'm hooked now.

Do your best to keep him on board. Friends make these games so much more enjoyable.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2010, 05:28 PM

Personally, I enjoy killing you guys for a change of pace. I secretly hope you all curse my name after each and every kill. (I almost teabagged ::maroma:: last night, for old times' sake)

I agree that it takes time, You have to learn 14 maps, plus learn 14 strategies for those maps, plus figure out what weapons work for you, plus learn what perks work for you. Plus cold-blooded and ninja aren't available til past 29, so you're effectively killstreak meat til then. My buddy was lukewarm on the game til he grasped it, then he became almost as addicted as I am.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 9, 2010, 05:33 PM

I could barely manage two kills in CoD4 without brimming with intense rage. By that point everyone had 10 days on me so I decided to wait for MW2 and start at the ground floor (at least with the level design, gameplay didn't change much)

It took me my first prestige until I started feeling good about the majority of my matches. Learning where to look for enemies is just about half of the game, learning the proper class combos for the levels is 25%, and luck/momentum/connection accounts for the other 25%.

I've recently eeked out my buddy cheezy in K/D, which was my main goal in this game since he was a huuuge CoD4 player.

Persistence and patience pay off. Of course even I still get furious sometimes at my luck, but thus is the way with Call of Duty online.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I could barely manage two kills in CoD4 without brimming with intense rage. By that point everyone had 10 days on me so I decided to wait for MW2 and start at the ground floor (at least with the level design, gameplay didn't change much)
so what was your favorite map to die on?

It took me my first prestige until I started feeling good about the majority of my matches. Learning where to look for enemies is just about half of the game, learning the proper class combos for the levels is 25%, and luck/momentum/connection accounts for the other 25%.
That said, map strategies are constantly evolving. I bet you guys don't do the same thing at the beginning of a map that you did a month ago, that you did two months ago, etc.

Still some of the most fun matches are the ones where a completely bizarre strategy that you never see unfolds. Like that game on Underpass where the entire team just kept trying to push through from the parking lot.

Of course, it can really suck. Like when an entire team on Terminal decides to hide in the plane.

Persistence and patience pay off. Of course even I still get furious sometimes at my luck, but thus is the way with Call of Duty online.
We all do. Not that you guys can tell, but sometimes I mute myself mid-match because I can see the game's dick will be going all the way up my ass.

---

As always I have questions regarding your shotty class. ADS with it much?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2010, 05:45 PM

Sometimes when we have a full party, and Jawbone is on, I'm tempted to invite him to the lobby, just so we can punish him like he owes us money.

But really, I wish we could just take over the majority of a lobby one night and let matchmaking auto-balance us.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2010, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
The unexpected lobby drop-in has become a lot of fun for me lately. Seeing a friend on your team is always a nice "Oh, cool" kind of moment, but it's sometimes just as fun to run into them on the opposing team.

Dakar dropped a few nights ago, and I didn't even realize he was on my team until the match was nearly over.
Yeah it is cool. Sometimes I don't realize he's in the game until I notice his name late in the match.

By the way. How does he drop into a match your in? I was looking for that in the game one day and I couldn't find an option to join a friend's match. The option or button is probably staring me in the face, but I couldn't find it.

Originally Posted by Jawbone54
It's nice to have a decent game after sucking it up 70% of my matches with y'all.
Yeah, it's nice to have a good streak of matches and see my k/d move up by .01 of a percent and my accuracy finally make it to over 16%. Of course the accuracy is due to the sniper rifle.
MacBook Pro

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 9, 2010, 05:53 PM

As always I have questions regarding your shotty class. ADS with it much?
Never actually. Quite a bit of my shotty kills (with the M1014) are thanks to people trying to ADS me at close range, which turns out poorly for them thanks to my fast reaction time and devastating spread damage. I've attempted some RDS kills with the SPAS but I usually don't have the lateral quickness to locate my target properly. It might be time to up my sensitivity.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2010, 05:56 PM

Never actually. Quite a bit of my shotty kills (with the M1014) are thanks to people trying to ADS me at close range, which turns out poorly for them thanks to my fast reaction time and devastating spread damage. I've attempted some RDS kills with the SPAS but I usually don't have the lateral quickness to locate my target properly. It might be time to up my sensitivity.
The reason I ask, is there's some debate whether it tightens your spread (they say it makes it worse). I swear ADS give you slightly more range, though, but that's completely hearsay.

What sensitivity do you run?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 9, 2010, 06:01 PM

Whatever default is.

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 9, 2010, 08:41 PM

Has he played before last night? A night is not even close enough to get used to the game.
He's played through the campaign, but that's not really like multi. He enjoys more of team objective based games like the Battlefield series, etc. He's stoked to get Battlefield Bad Company 2. I played the demo and its pretty solid. I was into BF1943, which by all accounts sucked as far as a modern FPS, but it was still fun.

I will pester him to keep it and give it more time. He may come around, but he's a fickle sort of chap. We shall see.

But my other buddy from work "xphantomj" plays almost every night, he's on his first prestige. My dad also plays a lot but his connection sucks worse than Dakar's. He's also on his first prestige. Yeah that's right, my dad is further along in this game than I am. What of it?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2010, 08:59 PM

That's right, I was pwning you noobs on a West Coast host last night.

Really, on a day with good visibility, you're still lucky if you can see all the way to the end of my awesomeness.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 9, 2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
Yeah it is cool. Sometimes I don't realize he's in the game until I notice his name late in the match.

By the way. How does he drop into a match your in? I was looking for that in the game one day and I couldn't find an option to join a friend's match. The option or button is probably staring me in the face, but I couldn't find it.
I believe that there has to be an opening on either team if the game has already started. If you click on your friend's profile, it'll have an option like "Join Session in Progress" or something like that. If they're just in a lobby, I think it says, " Join Game," but only if there's a player slot open. It's a little hit and miss.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 10, 2010, 11:10 AM

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 10, 2010, 11:54 AM

Thanks, IW.

And luckily, it can be ours for the small price of 31,200 MSoft Points.
( Last edited by Jawbone54; Mar 10, 2010 at 02:43 PM. )

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 10, 2010, 11:56 AM

Not divisible by 400. GTFO

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 10, 2010, 01:37 PM

So, many you may have heard me bitching in game about using the Attack Helicopter for Prestige challenges. I recently got to 250 kills (Challenge II) with it, so I decided to reward myself by getting to use the Harrier again.

God that thing is infinitely better than the Attack Helicopter. I killcammed Terminal with a Quad kill off its air strike, and on Scrapyard one Harrier got more kills than I could ever hope from 5 attack helicopters.

(Also, at one point in Terminal an attack helicopter fired at me through a roof window. I wasn't moving, but it half missed and gave me enough time to run away only bloodied)

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 10, 2010, 01:59 PM

Not divisible by 400. GTFO
Nerd.
(fixed, btw)

So, many you may have heard me bitching in game about using the Attack Helicopter for Prestige challenges. I recently got to 250 kills (Challenge II) with it, so I decided to reward myself by getting to use the Harrier again.

God that thing is infinitely better than the Attack Helicopter. I killcammed Terminal with a Quad kill off its air strike, and on Scrapyard one Harrier got more kills than I could ever hope from 5 attack helicopters
I can't remember the last time I was killed by an Attack Helicopter (without Cold-Blooded). There's no way I'm using it except for challenges.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 10, 2010, 02:03 PM

I may damn well leave it for last after this. It and the sentry gun, likely.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 10, 2010, 02:46 PM

I've tried the Emergency Air Drop for a good while, and unless you're on a massive map, there's no way you're getting more than two of the care packages. I lost an entire air drop twice in two games on Terminal (but on that map your only two options are behind the glass on the bottom floor and on the side of the plane).

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 10, 2010, 02:49 PM

There's no Prestige challenges for the EAD.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 10, 2010, 03:25 PM

Then screw it.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 11, 2010, 04:17 AM

Completely unverifiable, but I got a triple kill with a silenced WA2000 on Highrise last night. Didn't think that it was possible. One of the kills was a headshot as well. Right at the beginning of the match you can snipe from one corner to another, I have the feeling that the opponents were trying to get into space to shoot across at me but couldn't get line of sight.

Bad luck for them.

I'm going through the LSW challenges. What a pile of crap that weapon is. The ACOG sight is good but even in HC I like having a silencer so no grip possible. Talk about crappy recoil. I only have the fmj sh1te left. I might even finish off ALL the prestige challenges to avoid having to touch it again.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 11, 2010, 08:44 AM

I was told by the other team to "stop using the shotgun' last night, despite the fact the other team had at least three guys running lightweight with akimbo Rangers/1887s.

Hilarious.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 11, 2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Completely unverifiable, but I got a triple kill with a silenced WA2000 on Highrise last night. Didn't think that it was possible. One of the kills was a headshot as well. Right at the beginning of the match you can snipe from one corner to another, I have the feeling that the opponents were trying to get into space to shoot across at me but couldn't get line of sight.
Quite possible one of the worst map features in the game.

I'm going through the LSW challenges. What a pile of crap that weapon is. The ACOG sight is good but even in HC I like having a silencer so no grip possible. Talk about crappy recoil. I only have the fmj sh1te left. I might even finish off ALL the prestige challenges to avoid having to touch it again.
YOu can't complain about recoil if you're not using the grip. It's about compromise.

The LSW is a pretty good LMG (They're ll pretty good, aside from the AUG). Fastest fire rate, and average (LMG) recoil. It's the sights which are horrific.

---

Speaking of Mastery, finally (850 kills!) finished the UMP last night (Bullet penetration & ACOG). The ACOG feels as usable as on the ARs, you just need to burst fire it.

Speaking of burst fire, you know how I said I had an irrational hatred of people who burst fire autos? Turns out my hatred may not be so irrational. In addition to people using modded controllers to make semi-autos like the FAL full auto, people use those mod controllers make full auto more accurate by burst firing. Which might explain why 90% of the time the burst fired full-autos that kill me seem to have the same pacing.

A conspiracy theory, I know...

I'm currently banging out the M240. Just unlocked the ACOG, so I have 150 kills to go before FMJ. Just hit 61, so it's going to be a tight race to the finish. After that, I'll have all LMGs mastered and Vet I'ed.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 11, 2010, 11:33 AM

I always keep the grip on. So with the silencer, I keep the grip and sacrifice the sight - I love that combo. Usually, I outfit it with grip and fmj, which allows me to tear through anything on Scrapyard, Afghan, Skidrow, and Wasteland. What do I tear through on Wasteland? Through the wall in the bunker. I kiled 3-4 enemies in that bunker once (a couple through the wall).

As well, I don't care for the ACOG sight, I stay wit the red dot or the holographic.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 11, 2010, 12:37 PM

http://www.infinityward.com/news.php?id=6
The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package is coming to Xbox LIVE on March 30th!

The multiple Game of the Year award-winner Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 just got bigger, with more epic multiplayer content, first on Xbox LIVE! The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package will deliver additional action-packed multiplayer maps, including brand-new battlegrounds and legendary fan-favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Look for the new gameplay trailer coming soon at ModernWarfare2.com.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 11, 2010, 01:05 PM

Speaking of burst fire, you know how I said I had an irrational hatred of people who burst fire autos? Turns out my hatred may not be so irrational. In addition to people using modded controllers to make semi-autos like the FAL full auto, people use those mod controllers make full auto more accurate by burst firing. Which might explain why 90% of the time the burst fired full-autos that kill me seem to have the same pacing.

A conspiracy theory, I know...

I was told by the other team to "stop using the shotgun' last night, despite the fact the other team had at least three guys running lightweight with akimbo Rangers/1887s.

Hilarious.
Why IW can't release an update limiting the range on the akimbo Rangers/1887s is beyond me. I don't mind getting killed by a shotgun. If I'm that close to an enemy without getting a jump on them, then I deserved it. If I don't even get off a full 3-round burst before getting popped by dual shotties in a semi-distant face-off, then the game is broken.

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
As well, I don't care for the ACOG sight, I stay wit the red dot or the holographic.
Only for challenges. Useless piece of crap sight. I'm trying to get through with the Barrett challenge with it right now so I can unlock the thermal. I always switch to my sniper class (still don't use it often), then yell at the screen when I realize that that ACOG scope is what I have to deal with for the remainder of the game.

Yes, I'm doing some whining myself. Pass the bottle, Dakar.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 11, 2010, 01:09 PM

http://www.infinityward.com/news.php?id=6

The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package is coming to Xbox LIVE on March 30th!

The multiple Game of the Year award-winner Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 just got bigger, with more epic multiplayer content, first on Xbox LIVE! The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package will deliver additional action-packed multiplayer maps, including brand-new battlegrounds and legendary fan-favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Look for the new gameplay trailer coming soon at ModernWarfare2.com.
So we're looking at four new maps, minimum?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 11, 2010, 01:09 PM

I'm not complaining that I'm dying, just how I'm dying. ****ing open the bitch up, pussies.

Why IW can't release an update limiting the range on the akimbo Rangers/1887s is beyond me. I don't mind getting killed by a shotgun. If I'm that close to an enemy without getting a jump on them, then I deserved it. If I don't even get off a full 3-round burst before getting popped by dual shotties in a semi-distant face-off, then the game is broken.
I'm hoping this is sarcasm.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 11, 2010, 01:11 PM

So we're looking at four new maps, minimum?
Virtual guarantee since the only IW map pack for COD4 was four maps.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 11, 2010, 01:11 PM

I'm just appalled that simply using a shotgun on a regular non-lightweight/marathon class is somehow cheap. I get killed plenty having the M1014 out and encountering an enemy at range.

I'm planning a big game night tonight, look for the Fatty.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 11, 2010, 01:15 PM

God damn, you it's my League night, tonight. I won't be on before 10.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 11, 2010, 01:18 PM

I'm not complaining that I'm dying, just how I'm dying. ****ing open the bitch up, pussies.

I'm hoping this is sarcasm.

Virtual guarantee since the only IW map pack for COD4 was four maps.
I'd probably be satisfied with four, but six would probably keep me coming back until next Winter. Way too optimistic, I know.

I'm just appalled that simply using a shotgun on a regular non-lightweight/marathon class is somehow cheap. I get killed plenty having the M1014 out and encountering an enemy at range.
It just makes me want to party up with a full six and convince the entire team to equip Runner/Shotgun classes.

But in actuality, I usually talk very little on XBL. Don't know why.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 11, 2010, 01:36 PM

Hilarious.
Yeah, some stuff from last night I haven't gotten around to:

If Monday was full of noobs, last night was full of assholes.

^ Is why you don't talk shit when you don't have a full party. Some guy was camping Invasion pretty hard after that comment above. I ended up mugging him thanks to our constant UAVs.

Which leads to my new favorite story: We got accused (well, more suspected) of having a glitch that gave us unlimited UAVs last night. Turns out Fatty, Crosbie, a random fourth, and I were all running UAV last night, leading to the opposing team having no peace. It was overkill (partly because we were doing so well) but running UAV three deep would be pretty handy.

Back to the asshole team, after the first match (Rundown?) I was having a murderous game on Afghan where they were rushing with impunity (in groups), so I finally switched to my ACR DC class. Things improved considerably. After the game the one guy bitched he wanted to leave because he didn't want to play with "DakarZero" *fistpump*

Here's the sequence which I think inspired that comment:

• Someone calls in a UAV *double fist pump*
• I notice half their team migrating from the bunker to the curving path to the back of the cave and crawl up at its top.
• Noob toob first guy spotted in the distance. One kill.
• More of team arrives. Noob toob. Double-kill.
• Back up as they keep surging. Toss a semtex. Kill.
• Peek out as two guys crest the path. Put a guy into Final Stand.
• Duck behind cover to avoid guy #2. Toss a Flash and reload.
• Jump back out and drop #2. Finally die.
• Respawn and launch a Predator Missile. Get a double kill involving Final Stand guy and a random.

That's a 7:1 k/d (5:1 if you don't count the Predator Missile) in roughly 30 seconds. One of my better sequences ever in the game.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 11, 2010, 01:36 PM

God damn, you it's my League night, tonight. I won't be on before 10.
League of not-so-extraordinary Gentlemen?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 11, 2010, 01:38 PM

NBA 2k. Which, I might add, makes me glad I stopped buying NBA games after 04.

Worst menu system ever, too.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 11, 2010, 01:43 PM

running UAV three deep would be pretty handy.
I'm going to have UAV equipped at all times, unless I'm having a particularly ass-kicking night.

I was having a murderous game on Afghan where they were rushing with impunity (in groups)
Ugh, I went like 8-15 that game simply because I'm not used to using anything but the sniper on Afghan and the other team was playing FlankyMcRunner the whole time.

The funny thing about the one kid who was talking trash about my shotty is that I muted him but could still hear him through Stogies mic. He was very talkative after a win, but once we spanked their team I noticed nothing but silence. Awesome.

I never talk trash unless trash is being talked directly to me, and even then I usually just mute the f**ker.

If you aren't going to be on until 10 then I might entertain myself with F3 until you sign on, I have nothing to wake up for tomorrow so I'll play as late as you can stay up.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 11, 2010, 01:51 PM

I'm going to have UAV equipped at all times, unless I'm having a particularly ass-kicking night.
It's been a necessity for the UMP/Runner class. Otherwise, most times I don't give a shit.

Ugh, I went like 8-15 that game simply because I'm not used to using anything but the sniper on Afghan and the other team was playing FlankyMcRunner the whole time.

The funny thing about the one kid who was talking trash about my shotty is that I muted him but could still hear him through Stogies mic. He was very talkative after a win, but once we spanked their team I noticed nothing but silence. Awesome.

I never talk trash unless trash is being talked directly to me, and even then I usually just mute the f**ker.

If you aren't going to be on until 10 then I might entertain myself with F3 until you sign on, I have nothing to wake up for tomorrow so I'll play as late as you can stay up.
Yeah, the FAL was not cutting it with their constant rushing.

I too, don't talk much unless the other team gets belligerent. Shutting another team up is always enjoyable, though.
I don't remember what I finished, but I do know I finished top on our team that Afghan game. Don't remember if we were in much of a hole, but a comeback's a comeback.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 11, 2010, 02:09 PM

You ended up over 20 kills, don't know how many deaths though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules