Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Sold iPhone

Sold iPhone
PHoynak
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2009, 05:07 PM

I sold my original iPhone 16gb and just upgraded to the iPhone 3GS... Do I need to remove the sim card from my old iPhone before I ship it to the buyer?

kylef
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 24, 2009, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by PHoynak View Post
I sold my original iPhone 16gb and just upgraded to the iPhone 3GS... Do I need to remove the sim card from my old iPhone before I ship it to the buyer?
Well, your old SIM holds your number etc so assuming you want people to be able to call the same number .. remove it and get your PAC code (phone customer service) to transfer it to your new SIM.

PHoynak  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2009, 05:21 PM

My new iPhone is already activated with my number and the old one has had the phone service turned off.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Jun 24, 2009, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by PHoynak View Post
My new iPhone is already activated with my number and the old one has had the phone service turned off.
Then you probably don't need to remove the sim. But if it worries you, why not remove it. The purchaser will have to have their own sim anyway if they are going to use it as a phone. If they are going to use it as an iPod touch, then they may need a deactivated sim.

Forum Links
Forum Rules