Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iMovie or Keynote for slides show playing on DVD

iMovie or Keynote for slides show playing on DVD
joec
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2009, 12:47 PM

I am making a small slide show that contains both photo slide shows and some short movie clips taken from digital camera. Also, there will be some text description. The final product must play in a regular DVD player. What is the pros and cons using iMovie and Keynote? I have both iLife and iWork 09 versions.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

NexXtTime
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 22, 2009, 10:48 PM

iMovie.

You can add transitions, photos, titles, transitions, and others. After you're done,

Old Toad
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2009, 11:26 PM

You could do it all in iDVD. With iDVD you can add both movie clips and still photo to a slideshow. You can add titles and subtitles right in iDVD also. The audio track, however, will be a little trickier to put together than in iMovie.

cwkmacuser
Senior User
May 3, 2009, 01:32 PM

You can do it all in Keynote, then export to a .mov file and use iDVD to put it on a disk.
Chris K.
White MacBook and iPod Nano 3rd Generation
Experienced Mac User
Don't hold me accountable for jokes-I have a lousy sense of humor!

joec  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2009, 09:10 PM

Three different suggestions. I have tried iMovie which is good so far, except I can't put multiple photos on one page, unless I create another jpg file and import that as a photo image. I will try Keynote too.

Old Toad
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2009, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by joec View Post
Three different suggestions. I have tried iMovie which is good so far, except I can't put multiple photos on one page, unless I create another jpg file and import that as a photo image. I will try Keynote too.
If you put the multiple photos on one Keynote slide or one Pages page and do a Print->PDF->Save PDF to iPhoto you can get a very good quality jpg of that multi photo page importer into iPhoto where you can add it to your slideshow.

cwkmacuser
Senior User
May 4, 2009, 10:54 PM

When you say "slideshow" do you mean like a presentation? If so, you can just put multiple images on a Keynot slide, like Old Toad said.
Chris K.
White MacBook and iPod Nano 3rd Generation
Experienced Mac User
Don't hold me accountable for jokes-I have a lousy sense of humor!

joec  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2009, 12:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. In the end, I have decided to use iMovie. There is only a few slides I want multiple photos and I will use keynote to create and import into iphoto. I like the iMovie themes.

Forum Links
Forum Rules