Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Quicktime is like SLOWTIME?

Quicktime is like SLOWTIME?
Ken Masters
Banned
Oct 23, 2003, 11:01 PM

I am a big fan of iTunes, I like everything about it, it is a superior product in my book. Now that it is out for both platforms, I can manage my music well on all my computers no matter what platform it is.

But QuickTime�s just sucks, yes it really does, and I don't understand why it has to suck so much.

I love music, and I also love video clips of my favorite music. I have a ton of music video clips, that is just too pain staking to watch. Unlike the crappy Media player, it doesn't let you make play list of clips, all it does it play songs once at a time.

So whenever I want to listen to my clips, it's like click it open, then once it finish click another one open. That�s just crap!

Why can't QuickTime take a clue from its younger more advance sibling iTunes and have similar functionality with clips?

I do say, I now know why people are so reluctant to use QuickTime as a format, because it's so neglected. This neglect is more noticeable on the PC than on the Mac, but still I�m having a bitch about it.

tintub
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2003, 11:20 PM

doesn't quicktime have a drawer for that sort of stuff (i may be wrong). the only problem i remember is that the drawer showed an icon which was the first frame of the movie - often a black frame...

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2003, 01:51 AM

You're misunderstanding what QuickTime really is.

QuickTime is not primarily a media player. It's an architecture that allows other applications to play and edit media.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2003, 02:21 AM

Apple should fix QuickTime player next. It's not that bad, but it could obviously take a few clues from iTunes or even VLC and MplayerX

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2003, 09:25 AM

here's a couple of recommendations:
*interface
-the new brushed/polished metal of 6.4 looks cool and sleek. very chrome. looks better than the old ones.
-i like the playlist feature....make it more iTune-ish, but not too much. (imagine..... burning your quicktime movie playlists from iDVD/Toast to DVDs and Video CDs...nice)
*features
-full screen for everyone for heaven sake....every other free player does this.
-encoding and editing (pro) features are in the pro version. maybe even have some more advanced video editing stuff.
*hygene features
-please please please support streaming behind proxies/firewalls that require authorization. right now im using authoxy for proxy authorization.

apart from those few shortcoming.... i absolutely love quicktime.
i love using it to encode video and all

willed
Professional Poster
Oct 24, 2003, 11:32 AM

I think that either iMovie or possibly iPhoto should have movie viewing/organising sections, like iTunes. Everyone has a folder of movie clips (right? I know I've got trailers, sh!t from the net, MPEGs from my stills camera), but they're the only media we still have to organise ourselves and go through filesystems to get to.

And as for QT Player - Full Screen, please. It's just ridiculous not having that.
And ideally being able to save .movs from the net, but I suppose Pro has to have some features.

Forum Links
Forum Rules