Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Amazon.com , J&R, iBook

Amazon.com , J&R, iBook
Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 31, 2005, 01:23 PM

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=pc&n=507846

I'm looking at upgrading my current machine (iMac G3 600mhz, 768mb ram, 40gb, cd-rw) to a portable machine but not really looking into spending a lot of money. random search on amazon brought up this new ibook g4 1.0ghz at $200.00 off through J&R.

Has anyone else ordered this or had experience with J&R? I know about the Amazon mail-in rebate "problems" but this seems legit.

Thanks

To note: Apple is offering the same config with only a CD drive and its refurbished (this was the old edu only model).
( Last edited by Proudest Monkey; Jan 31, 2005 at 01:37 PM. )
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

frankp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2005, 12:50 AM

The PB 12" 1.33 is $1299 (free s/h) with 100 rebate at Amazon. The base ibook 1.2 (free s/h) is $999 with 100 rebate. Your 1.0 ghz ibook (17.50 s/h)is $799. They are all so close. Maybe someone knows which one is a better deal.

Decisions, decisions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules