Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > I need you GoLive Gurus to help me with this one . . .

I need you GoLive Gurus to help me with this one . . .
stefanas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2003, 03:21 PM

I have been having a problem with rollovers. Specifically, they only work in the GL6 Preview, but not in any browser. This stumped me for a long time. I then inspected a site that I made some time ago where they did work.

This was the problem it seemed: Layout Grids.

Basically I have been using Layout Grids on top of each other. One large one for the backround image and to keep everything nicely in place, and then smaller grids on top of that one. But when I do this in pages, the rollover buttons don't seem to work.

Come you aces, I know you can crack this one.

[email protected]

pumpkinapo
Apr 24, 2003, 03:39 PM

Can you provide a like so we can see your code?
Peter Leing
17" 1.67GHz PowerBook
450MHz G4 Cube

stefanas  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2003, 10:37 PM

Here is a link to a simple rollover that I did in GL 6, It involves a layout grid with a rollover image. The rollover should turn red as you mouse over.

http://homepage.mac.com/stefanas/GRAPHICS/RolloverTest.html

Thanks for looking at it, it now seems that I can't get any rollovers to work in Golive at all.

calimehtar
Forum Regular
Apr 25, 2003, 11:21 PM

I strongly discourage people from using layout grids in GoLive -- they're very much counter to html standards etc. At worst figure out a way to do the same thing with tables ... at best learn html css the hard way (hand-coding with bbedit) and then switch back to Golive after that to make your life easier.

stefanas  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 26, 2003, 11:33 PM

Thank's to sigmadog at the macworld forums, he led me down the right path. GoLive 6 by default looks for the rollover script in the preferences folder of the users library. Why, I don't know.

What I did was I copied the script into my root folder of the site I am creating under "GeneratedItems/CSScriptLib.js" and then I proceeded to re-write the code to look for it there and -

PRESTO!!!

By reading all the message boards, I know there are a lot of frustrated people out there because of this.

GoLive 5 didn't do it this way. In GoLive 6 they changed it.

What a headache this one was.

stefanas

Forum Links
Forum Rules