Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Photoshop CS2 Tryout Version: Constantly Freezes

Photoshop CS2 Tryout Version: Constantly Freezes
BoulderDash
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 21, 2005, 01:33 PM

Hey all,
I just upgraded to an iMac G5 (OS X 10.4.2, 2 GHz, 1 GB RAM) and downloaded the Photoshop CS2 Tryout Version. Without fail, it freezes 50% of the time when using the Pen Tool for pathing purposes or when using the Eraser Tool. And I'm talking "freezes" to where the mouse is no longer responsive and I need to Opt-Apple-Esc to use the keyboard to Force Quit.

This has been happening for the two days I've been using it (leading to constant Saving since I know I'll lose whatever I didn't Save).

Has anyone else run into this? Thanks,
BD

* P.S. I'll add that I've got a Mighty Mouse as well, in case that matters.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Sep 21, 2005, 10:15 PM

There were some problems with CS2 and Tiger when Tiger came out. I had to do a full re-install of the app to get it working. Later on, someone discovered that it had something to do with a library file. You could look for that thread and try the solution given there.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

BoulderDash  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2005, 12:04 PM

I saw a thread about CarbonLib going bad... but didn't really see how to remedy the situation. When I buy this, because - c'mon as a designer I have to, I hope the full version doesn't carry this over.

Thanks,
BD

Forum Links
Forum Rules