Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > drunk blog/forum posts

drunk blog/forum posts
shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2007, 02:38 AM

Do you thnk that others find them as amusing as the drunk person doing th posting?

I'm not drunk, just buzzed. Don't you judge me.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Tiresias
Nov 4, 2007, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Do you thnk that others find them as amusing as the drunk person doing th posting?

I'm not drunk, just buzzed. Don't you judge me.
What I want to know is, who thinks to visit MacNN when drunk? My beer-inspired priorities are quite otherwise.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2007, 03:17 AM

I must have some srsly jacked up prioriities then.

I like MacNN too much, it seems. You guys are my LIFE. at least at this moment.....

gradient
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2007, 03:25 AM

You guys are my LIFE. at least at this moment.....
Me things buzzed just turned in to full blown drunk.

loki74
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2007, 03:53 AM

It's definitely more fun and funny for the person who is drunk... I've done it on myspace before, almost did it here. Yeah, fun. (^o^)

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2007, 04:42 AM

I've noticed that drunk livejournal posts are only really amusing to me - not those reading them.

I'm so ashamed.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2007, 04:49 AM

I try to stay away from keyboards when drunk or otherwise intoxicated...
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 4, 2007, 07:36 AM

Never been much of a drinker. But I've gotten on IRC and other forums before stoned and under various other chemicals. But I don't ever think alcohol was one of them.

Nov 4, 2007, 08:05 AM

It should be a prerequisite to be at least inebriated when posting in this thread. It's 7:00 AM and I'm drinking coffee. Have to make it an Irish coffee I suppose.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2007, 08:58 AM

I L Ove You Gu:ys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2007, 09:01 AM

I never think to go on MacNN when drunk. Disturbed to see our sucking up to shifuimam has made her a needy girl friend of the forum

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

zro
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2007, 12:02 PM

I usually end up being an a-hole when I go drunk posting. Or went, I should say. Haven't done that in a few years. I think...

So yes, definitely more entertaining for the drunk. Although there can be exceptions.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2007, 01:04 PM

I must have some srsly jacked up prioriities then.

I like MacNN too much, it seems. You guys are my LIFE. at least at this moment.....
Man, you really *are* desperate for attention. I though the whole "Am I pretty?" thread was an anomaly but you seem to have some serious self-esteem and self-confidence issues going on right now. Sucking up to a bunch of nerds on the intarweb (myself included) is NOT going to do anything for your self-esteem. Quite the contrary, I think. You'll just wind up thinking that your internet-friends are more valuable than your real-life friends becuase they provide you some sort of validation you aren't getting in the real world.

My advice is to accept that you are attractive and accept that there might not be guys out there right now who are into you. A little self-confidence--You need to love yourself in spite of your self-perceived flaws--will go a long ways to making you a more attractive person. But, and this is the most important point, you need to do these things--develop self-confidence, etc.--FOR yourself, because you think YOU are worth it . . . and not because being self-confident will get you more attention or get you a guy. You have to do it for yourself because if you don't, no one else can.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2007, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post
Man, you really *are* desperate for attention. I though the whole "Am I pretty?" thread was an anomaly but you seem to have some serious self-esteem and self-confidence issues going on right now. Sucking up to a bunch of nerds on the intarweb (myself included) is NOT going to do anything for your self-esteem. Quite the contrary, I think. You'll just wind up thinking that your internet-friends are more valuable than your real-life friends becuase they provide you some sort of validation you aren't getting in the real world.

My advice is to accept that you are attractive and accept that there might not be guys out there right now who are into you. A little self-confidence--You need to love yourself in spite of your self-perceived flaws--will go a long ways to making you a more attractive person. But, and this is the most important point, you need to do these things--develop self-confidence, etc.--FOR yourself, because you think YOU are worth it . . . and not because being self-confident will get you more attention or get you a guy. You have to do it for yourself because if you don't, no one else can.
I guarantee that you are not qualified to give advice. You know nothing about her, and even if you did, you are not qualified to give advice. Lighten up.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 4, 2007, 01:56 PM

Wow dcmacdaddy. I'd say you went a bit overboard with that.

loki74
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2007, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post
I though the whole "Am I pretty?" thread was an anomaly but you seem to have some serious self-esteem and self-confidence issues going on right now.
uhh, what "Am I pretty" thread?? She started a thread asking an entirely unrelated question. The people in the thread made it about her.

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2007, 02:20 PM

Another forum I visit has a great ongoing drunk psot thread. It ranges from simply vulgar to stupifyingly excellent.

Tiresias
Nov 4, 2007, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Wow dcmacdaddy. I'd say you went a bit overboard with that.
I'll say. Man.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2007, 03:29 PM

Oh. My. God.

It wasn't even about me. I was blitzed and musing over whether or not drunk posting is as funny to readers as it is to the original writer. Peter's posted drunk in here before; I have a load of drunk posts on my Livejournal...

I wasn't looking for attention or affirmation about anything. Christ. Oversensitive much?

Tiresias
Nov 4, 2007, 04:51 PM

Plus sig:

One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
= irony.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 4, 2007, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by zro View Post
I usually end up being an a-hole when I go drunk posting. Or went, I should say. Haven't done that in a few years. I think...

So yes, definitely more entertaining for the drunk. Although there can be exceptions.
I turn into a jerk when I drink, I think alcohol tends to remove the filter between my brain and my mouth. Which is why I try and keep it to a minimum, especially around the GF.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2007, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
I turn into a jerk when I drink, I think alcohol tends to remove the filter between my brain and my mouth. Which is why I try and keep it to a minimum, especially around the GF.
I'm actually NICER when I drink. I'm a lot friendlier and more talkative, especially around complete strangers. I turn into an extrovert when I'm buzzed.

I've never had alcohol when I was depressed though...I'm sure it would be an entirely different situation.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2007, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Another forum I visit has a great ongoing drunk psot thread. It ranges from simply vulgar to stupifyingly excellent.
Sometimes it makes me wish I drank.

Read that any way you like.

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Nov 4, 2007, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
I try to stay away from keyboards when drunk or otherwise intoxicated...
Me too. I mostly try to stick to the wheel.

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2007, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
Sometimes it makes me wish I drank.

Read that any way you like.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2007, 10:25 PM

This is all my fault. I am so teh upsetted with myself.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

design219
Professional Poster
Nov 4, 2007, 10:53 PM

Laughing at inebriation used to be funny.

Then it wasn't.

And now it is again?

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2007, 11:33 PM

when i use to drink i would dance all the time

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 5, 2007, 01:40 AM

i post drunk sometimes, and sometimes I don't. Either way, often I delete entire posts because I think they're ridiculous. I'd probably have 500 or so more posts than I do now if I didn't close the window before I presed "reply".
ice

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 5, 2007, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
i post drunk sometimes, and sometimes I don't. Either way, often I delete entire posts because I think they're ridiculous. I'd probably have 500 or so more posts than I do now if I didn't close the window before I presed "reply".
Think of all the interesting pictures we missed...

AceWilfong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 5, 2007, 05:52 AM

I know that when I drank, I was an a--hole, and now that I'm dry, I'm just no fun any more.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2007, 07:22 AM

yeah, drunken posting sucks.
we don't have time to stop for gas

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2007, 07:23 AM

by sucks i mean RULES!
we don't have time to stop for gas

krillbee
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2007, 01:31 AM

i did a little drunk macnn posting tonight.

but its all good, cuz a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 6, 2007, 01:35 AM

Extremely true in my case.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Timo View Post
fact.

and i'm rather guilty of the [ab]using the internet under the influence.

PB2K
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2007, 09:44 AM

it's fair to wonder when some people are more 'themselves'..when they are drunk and have nothing worthwile to say or just sober and have nothing worthwile to say
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

Forum Links
Forum Rules