Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Cursed Cursor

Cursed Cursor
HouseSold
Senior User
Jan 18, 2002, 03:04 AM

Has anyone come across a replacement larger colored cursor for OSX something like the Copland Cursor for OS9 ?

Thanks,

Also I can't find the posted suggestion for changes to networking folder for faster start-up in OSX.

Anyone recall?

starfleetX
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2002, 05:21 AM

Ehhhh... Copland Cursor?

This cursor has been the same since the dawn of the Mac.
The server made a boo boo. (403)

HouseSold  (op)
Senior User
Jan 18, 2002, 10:14 PM

The Copland cursor is a larger green colored cursor that was privately written to compliment the Copland OS that never was released.

I use it daily in OS9 and will send anyone a copy who e-mails me.

Scrod
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2002, 10:33 PM

If you're talking abou the waiting cursor in OS X that resembles the spinning multicolored CD-ROM, that is probably pretty difficult to change. I suspect it's hard-coded into the kernel. It's not just a CURS resource or something like that.
I abused my signature until she cried.

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2002, 01:35 AM

Originally posted by Scrod:
<STRONG>If you're talking abou the waiting cursor in OS X that resembles the spinning multicolored CD-ROM, that is probably pretty difficult to change. I suspect it's hard-coded into the kernel. It's not just a CURS resource or something like that.</STRONG>
Multicolored CD-ROM you say? It is the Hard Drive man. The HARD DRIVE. It is plain to see. People say it is a beach ball.. it is a cd. NO it is a Hard Drive Spinning. The computer is doing tasks thus running the Hard Drive...

Scrod
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2002, 01:44 AM

Originally posted by Hi I'm Mike:
<STRONG>

Multicolored CD-ROM you say? It is the Hard Drive man. The HARD DRIVE. It is plain to see. People say it is a beach ball.. it is a cd. NO it is a Hard Drive Spinning. The computer is doing tasks thus running the Hard Drive...</STRONG>
Well, technically the rainbow cursor (or whatever the heck you want to call it!) will appear only when the foreground application's event loop has not responded to user interactions for at least three seconds. There is no necessary connection to hard drive access or CD-ROM access (or even DVD-ROM access for that matter).
I abused my signature until she cried.

Geobunny
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2002, 10:59 AM

Originally posted by HouseSold:
<STRONG>The Copland cursor is a larger green colored cursor that was privately written to compliment the Copland OS that never was released.

I use it daily in OS9 and will send anyone a copy who e-mails me.</STRONG>
I won't send an email 'cos I'm not desperate for that sort of "functionality", but I wouldn't mind seeing it. What about a screenshot? And how is it supposed to "complement Copland"? I don't remember Copland supposedly having greeness in it.
ClamXav - the free virus scanner for Mac OS X | Geobunny learns to fly

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jan 19, 2002, 01:56 PM

I am waiting to hear someone has made a left handed cursor for OSX. This is one of the last things I really miss about OS9. Where is it?

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

HouseSold  (op)
Senior User
Jan 19, 2002, 02:19 PM

I have a screen shot that I'm willing to post if someone will guide me how to post a screenshot (in simpletext format).

The color of this cursor is a similar shade of green that is displayed in the 'Addicted to MacNN' stars and the forward and back arrows that Netscape Communicator uses. (a medium pastel green)<font color = red> </font><font color = red> </font><font color = red> </font> [img]null[/img] null [img]null[/img]

Geobunny
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2002, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by HouseSold:
<STRONG>I have a screen shot that I'm willing to post if someone will guide me how to post a screenshot (in simpletext format).

</STRONG>
You can't post in simpletext format, or if you do we'll all have to download the pics. Either way put the pics onto some webspace you've got then post the url in the format of

http : / / www. yourwebserver.com /~yourwebspace/yourpic.pic

Note, the above picture does NOT exist, so don't tell me the link is broken! I also put loads of spaces in there so that UBB doesn't actually turn my text example into a link!
ClamXav - the free virus scanner for Mac OS X | Geobunny learns to fly

Forum Links
Forum Rules