Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Missing Files / Apps upon 10.3 Upgrade

Missing Files / Apps upon 10.3 Upgrade
rob5243
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 27, 2004, 09:16 PM

Hey guys,

I'm posting on behalf of my friend who's having trouble with her ibook. It's a dual USB model. She had a hard disk failure and had to send the unit to a local repair place, which apparentely reformatted her drive with 10.0. (It had 10.1 before). She received 10.3 in the mail from her dad, and installed that over the 10.0 version. It worked fine initially, but after shutting down the computer for the first time since installation and starting up, all but a few of her documents are missing, as well as the apps. It only has the applications that came with the computer. She did restart during installation, this was only after a shut down. I'm perplexed, so I figured i'd ask here.

Thanks, hope this description makes sense.

Detrius
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2004, 09:55 PM

Check in /Previous Systems
ACSA 10.4/10.3, ACTC 10.3, ACHDS 10.3

Forum Links
Forum Rules