Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Lexmark Z53 on OS X

Lexmark Z53 on OS X
Christina
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2001, 11:08 AM

Hi all. I have a Lexmark Z53 inkjet printer I've never gotten to work. From 10.0.4 to 10.1 to 10.1.1...no luck. I'm using it on a G4/867, and the lexmark setup stuff works fine (got the latest from their site), and it even prints out the alignment test page. But, a real test page or any other print job doesn't print out, it just sits in the queue and eventually complains it couldn't print.

Any ideas? I don't think I have too many things on my USB, just the keyboard, mouse, Sony GDM-F500 (I use its built-in powered USB hub), and the Soundsticks.

Thanks in advance, I love my laser, but wouldn't mind some occasional color prints.

Christina
TiBook - 1GHz, 1GBB, 60GB HD, Combo Drive

indigo
Dec 4, 2001, 03:07 PM

In order to get my Lexmark printer to work with X, I had to tell the print center to add the printer. To do this, find the print center app in the Utilities folder which is in your applications folder. Click "Add a Printer". Select USB. You should see the Lexmark printer listed. Select it and start printing. I hope that works for you. It worked for me.

Christina  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2001, 03:09 PM

Thanks, Indigo, I'll give that a try. So I should delete the old one from my list first I suppose, and then re-add this way.

Christina
Originally posted by indigo:
<STRONG>In order to get my Lexmark printer to work with X, I had to tell the print center to add the printer. To do this, find the print center app in the Utilities folder which is in your applications folder. Click "Add a Printer". Select USB. You should see the Lexmark printer listed. Select it and start printing. I hope that works for you. It worked for me. </STRONG>

Christina  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 5, 2001, 05:05 PM

Well, I've tried Indigo's suggestion and I still can't print, test pages or otherwise. All that will print is the setup screen print that makes you choose thigns for alignment

Forum Links
Forum Rules