Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > free pinball

free pinball
rob5243
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 8, 2001, 06:51 PM

Does anyone know of any shareware/freeware pinball games for the mac?

TonyRado
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 10, 2001, 03:54 PM

I haven't heard of any freeware pinball games, but IMNSHO the ProPinball series is like having a real machine! I have P-P "Fantastic Journey" and the graphics are so **amazing** that I feel that if my Titanium is not sitting perfectly flat that the ball will not roll straight! And, my 'z' and '?' keys are all at risk of being worn out from excess banging! I downloaded a demo of P-P's "The Web", but don't find it to be as good as F-Journey and would NOT pay for it (I think The Web was the first one they made). However, I really want the P-P "Big Race" + "Timeshock" games next. Unfortunately, they are really difficult to find in retail stores. Again, these games run about $30 each, but you will not be disappointed.

rob5243  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2001, 08:09 PM

hmm i'll have to check that out

funkboy
Professional Poster
Sep 13, 2001, 05:45 PM

I agree, the Pro Pinball series games are without a doubt the finest pinball games I've ever played... they beat out a heck of a lot of real pinball machines out there!
Yes, I believe "The Web" was the first one, I managed to download the demo quite awhile ago and was completely hooked even then. I've since played Big Race USA's demo, but unfortunately haven't been able to find the game to buy anywhere... actually, not entirely true. I saw it at my local Software Etc., and was hoping to buy it on a later date - but when I came in a few weeks later, I was horribly surprised to see they removed the little Mac section they had! That was the only place I could actually go to a store and buy games (which sure the heck beats buying them online) for the Mac, so now I'm not sure what I'll do for my games fix... here's to hybrid disks *clink of glass* *drink of cherry coke*

greggers
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2001, 01:19 AM

I find the Little Wing Pinballs games v. nice :

LittleWing Pinball English Page

Seems like the newer pinball games go for about $20. The demo's are worth downloading...
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Just out for a drive.............

Forum Links
Forum Rules