Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Anyone know of a portable USB or FW printer THAT WORKS

Anyone know of a portable USB or FW printer THAT WORKS
VUDUTU
Jul 19, 2000, 03:53 PM

This is really a IDontWantToFixItDownTheRoad post. I have to buy a small/portable printer TODAY! There must be some smaller USB or Firewire printer that works with a 9.0.4 OS Pismo. If you are using something that you like PLEASE let me know.
The Canon BJC-85 I hear wont work with 9.04 Does anyone have SOMETHING that works?
Thanks

CRE
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2000, 01:17 AM

My father finally made the switch last Saturday (he bought an iBook). He also bought the Canon BJC-85... it works wonderfully! It is a little slow, being a portable and all. His iBook is running 9.0.4. Where did you hear it wouldn't work?

VUDUTU
Jul 20, 2000, 09:13 AM

Thanks for the response, darkstranger on Macfixit, a pretty reliable source normally. He is the only person I have heard state this though. What version of the print driver are you using?
http://www.macfixit.com/ultimate/For...ML/000468.html

"If you are talking about the Canon BJC-85 ($299.00) then I would only suggest its use if running 8.6 or 9.0 It simply will "not work" with OS 9.04!!!! Canon needs to update its drivers-a Feb.2000 update allowed compatibility with OS 9 but that's as far as they have gone Forget any advertising you may have seen that 'suggests' infrared capability with a mac......it's PC only...........macmall and macconnection are misrepresenting this product in that respect............
Always ask questions/double check information beforelaying out any cash."

[This message has been edited by VUDUTU (edited 07-20-2000).]

CRE
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2000, 02:10 PM

I don't know what version of drivers he's got installed. Perhaps they've updated them... I may have his iBook Sunday to finish installing software for him and finish tweaking some settings... if so, I'll take a look. I did speak with him on the phone (he's out of town on business) last night and he's really happy with both the iBook and the printer.

I thought he would gag the minute he saw the iBook... He's a very traditional european businessman and is VERY concerned about what others think of him. I took him to show him the PowerBook. After a few seconds he turned and went to the iBook and asked me to show him that.... I was in awe... but, I digress.

tjcrebs
Jul 20, 2000, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by CRE:
My father finally made the switch last Saturday (he bought an iBook). He also bought the Canon BJC-85... it works wonderfully! It is a little slow, being a portable and all. His iBook is running 9.0.4. Where did you hear it wouldn't work?

Forum Links
Forum Rules