Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > TOOL tonite!

TOOL tonite!
L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2002, 05:51 PM

Tonite is the TOOL concert. It's going to be the highlight of what has been the most boring summer ever. I'm pretty stoked, TOOL is one of my favorite bands, second only to Pearl Jam. So tonight will be pretty awesome. I hope they play some old sh!t like Aenema and Eulogy. It's going to be a fvcking trip!! whoo

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Oct 7, 2002, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by L'enfanTerrible:
I hope they play some old sh!t like Aenema and Eulogy.
they did both when i saw them on the first leg of the Lateralus tour
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

L'enfanTerrible  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2002, 06:03 PM

Daney Carey is the fvcking bomb.com!!

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2002, 06:06 PM

well seeming that I am seeing them for a second time in two months in october (26 they are playing agusta) I am also pretty stoked.

I don't know if they are just continuing the tour but the last time i saw them was in augest 18 in Manchester NH on the "in side the out side tour" and they opened with one of my favs, Sober, then went into the grudge and played some from Aenima, and Saliva but mostly Lateralus.

the visuals was much better then the first time I saw them, which was September 20 2002 (9 days after 9/11!), they had all sorts of things.

I can still remember my ears ringing, my vocal cords burning and my clothes smelling of pot, but hey its all part of the experiance. i can't wait

and just for the tool fans changing my sig again, you like?

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2002, 06:07 PM

again I hate you.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2002, 06:08 PM

I am more of and Adam Jones fan for his freaky art that he does truly tanlented love the sober video

also check out the music video of schism that i made useing imove and Electric Image

its big (32megs but good quality)

when did you hate me in the first place?

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Oct 7, 2002, 06:11 PM

actually, it's www.dannycarey.org
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2002, 06:16 PM

Originally posted by G4ME:

when did you hate me in the first place?
I hate anyone who gets to see TOOL when I don't.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

L'enfanTerrible  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2002, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by philzilla:
actually, it's www.dannycarey.org
Ha thats the second time I have spelled Danny as Daney. I caught myself the first time. It's cos it looks like Carey. well anyway he rips the sh!t

Oh G4ME, your TOOL sig is the one I like. Thats the one I voted for so you should keep it.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2002, 06:18 PM

for now.

Camera God
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 7, 2002, 06:24 PM

Rock on man! I just got my tickets for the November show in Phoenix. I'm very excited!

L'enfanTerrible  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2002, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by juanvaldes:
again I hate you.
That's ok. Jeebus loves me

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2002, 06:34 PM

Danny's set is like a Golden Temple of Audio Delights! When I first saw his newest set, I just stood there in awe for a good 10 minutes. Mouth open, eyes wide and dry. Then I heard him play...and I was sent into another world. He IS rock and roll drumming.

I wish I could see them this time around. But I saw them 3 times on the Lateralus tour, and that is about all my wallet can handle. Have a great time!

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2002, 06:34 PM

Oh and I warn you last time i saw them they had a five minute break and Maynard came out in a black speedo to finish the set.

so this time he might go the full distance and come out as a women

7Macfreak
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 7, 2002, 10:32 PM

i saw them in moline IL. it was their last concert and maynard wasnt doing too well. so they kept it short it didnt play disposition and reflection, i was disappointed about that.

but anyway, during the performance of tomahawk, maynard dressed as a preacher, came out and "preached" from what seemed to be a bible, and then threw it into the crowd.
it was cool...err tool (haha, bad joke)

MaudlinDream
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Location: The Institute of America for Alzh...hey look at the little kitty cat!
Oct 7, 2002, 10:39 PM

You LUCKY turd.
Remember, UNIX spelled backwards is XINU.

L'enfanTerrible  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2002, 10:12 AM

The show was awesome!! It was such a trip. I knew the whole night was going to be fvcked up but this was intensely cosmic.

Opening band was Meshuggah (sp?) That music was pretty hardcore and made me think one thing. I am so happy to be alive.

Tool played a shortish set, with not much old stuff. They played Opiate which was pretty awesome. And Schism/Parabol/Parabola was intense. Danny Carey's kit is a monster. They didn't play Aenema or Eulogy which I really wanted to hear, but I can't complain.

My night was also pretty strange too. First, my buddy and I were sitting a few rows in front of a really cute girl that we worked with last summer. Funny thing is, I completely predicted that she would be there and close to us. Strange, and it was fun to see her and her lucious booty.

Then after the show, I was hailing a cab, and I met this dude who drove up from Seattle, so we cruised downtown for about an hour just talkin about life and experiences. It was inspiring to meet someone who feels the same way about life as me. That life is about getting lost and going places you've never been. About meeting people all over. About experience, and not about school or work.

As I was going to sleep, the sounds in my head wouldn't turn off It was strange, almost like thoughts were popping into my head that I didn't put there and I didn't know where they came from. Maybe last night my subconcious worked through a lot of baggage. That would be nice

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2002, 12:41 PM

Sounds like a great night!

Tool can be incredibly inspirational. ESPECIALLY live. They are the most influential band in my life so far. I doubt there will be another as powerful in my lifetime.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2002, 02:20 AM

Well yet again I have succesfully made it through another TOOL concert, on Sat they played Agusta and I had tickets, and of course I went, this is my third TOOL concert in little over a year all in New England, I was the exact same show as when I saw them in Augest but it was much better because Agusta Civic Center is a lot smaller then the Verizon Center and I was 5 row back, meaning i was about 10-13 feet back from Maynard durring their opener SOBER one of my favorite songs. Basicly I enjoyed my self yet again and picked up yet another TOOL t-shirt and some great memories

this is for cash, or what ever he goes by before the mods cancle his account

I think this shot was taken from their 2001 tour which was way more off of Lateralus then AEnima.

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2002, 02:24 AM

lucky bastard

PS I hate you
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Forum Links
Forum Rules